This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Listen guys, honestly ... I admire your support and all the TvR-related enthusiasm ... but the idea that a young AHL kid with minimal NHL regular season experience is going to walk off glorified IR smack dab into Game 7 of the Western Finals is a bit farfetched. He is there in case of an emergency - and maybe even to soak up the high intensity atmosphere for the future. "Emergency" does not include replacing even the muckiest journeyman 4th pairing NHL defenseman.

And even IF he does (amazingly) dress for Game 7, I'd be shocked if Quenneville gave him more than 5 minutes of spot duty in relatively safe situations. Otherwise, carry on.
    Of course, you are right, Chuck. But, I will bet that you do not see Timonen playing any more minutes on the Blackhawks blue line. BTW, your SOG hypothesis was spot on for game 6.

Nick, will look for you at our parade in Durham around mid-April 2017, after our Cats win it all and Kelleher gets the Hobey. This coming year looks grim for the Cats, even if a couple of the incoming freshmen have good seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Of course, you are right, Chuck. But, I will bet that you do not see Timonen playing any more minutes on the Blackhawks blue line. BTW, your SOG hypothesis was spot on for game 6.

Nick, will look for you at our parade in Durham around mid-April 2017, after our Cats win it all and Kelleher gets the Hobey. This coming year looks grim for the Cats, even if a couple of the incoming freshmen have good seasons.
      Personally I'd be surprised if TvR gets any playing time at all this season. Can't imagine he would be "game ready" and with the criticism Coach Q received after what game 4 was it on his choice of line up I would be amazed. Thrilled of course if it happens!
      Parade eh? Snively why such a grim prognosis? Just because we are going to be young again at D and will struggle at least initially at replacing some offense ok alot of offense...Actually I am already steeling myself for a similar season to this year but hope to be pleasantly surprised....Nick remind me to save you a seat on the Main Street...😉
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Snively why such a grim prognosis? Just because we are going to be young again at D and will struggle at least initially at replacing some offense ok alot of offense...Actually I am already steeling myself for a similar season to this year but hope to be pleasantly surprised....Nick remind me to save you a seat on the Main Street...��
        Hmm, see a couple dozen posts beginning with your #604 post, HR. I simply do not see how next year's forwards are going to make up for the 50 goals by last year's seniors, especially given that apparently only a couple of incoming freshmen are going to see much ice time given the way letters were awarded for next season. I am hoping that this coming year's seniors will surprise, but I am thinking that Chuck's thread title for this past regular season would have been more appropriate for this coming season.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Snively65;6165550]Hmm, see a couple dozen posts beginning with your #604 post, HR. I simply do not see how next year's forwards are going to make up for the 50 goals by last year's seniors, especially given that apparently only a couple of incoming freshmen are going to see much ice time given the way letters were awarded for next season. I am hoping that this coming year's seniors will surprise, but I am thinking that Chuck's thread title for this past regular season would have been more appropriate for this coming season.[/QUOTE

Hey am with you in your concerns ...I too worry about lost offense and again our D has lost some big muscle with Pesce gone. Feel good about the GK situation. Hoping the right combinations are discovered sooner rather than later although I know these things take time?
          Still the team's core found out what winning big games felt like so that has to account for something. We'll see...I remain hopeful and optimistic!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            I'm probably an even bigger dinosaur than Felger
            Felger and Murray. A regular radio show on UNH sports. I love it. If you think Felger and Mazz get the sycophants blood boiling in Boston imagine what we could do.

Just need to get Marty to do a regular spot ala Neely. Chuck's interview would be must listen radio....
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
              Felger and Murray. A regular radio show on UNH sports. I love it. If you think Felger and Mazz get the sycophants blood boiling in Boston imagine what we could do.

Just need to get Marty to do a regular spot ala Neely. Chuck's interview would be must listen radio....
              Ha, ha, ha. Felger and Mazz do a "squeaky Mazz" segment near the end of their show that uses "our" hockey, pre-game, build-up piece at Lake Whitt for music background (I forget its name). You guys could do a "squeaky Murray" segment. :-)

Nick from the Heights can be your regular antagonist caller; HR can put you in place each day for your negativity.
              Last edited by Snively65; 05-30-2015, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Ha, ha, ha. Felger and Mazz do a "squeaky Mazz" segment near the end of their show that uses "our" hockey, pre-game, build-up piece at Lake Whitt for music background (I forget its name). You guys could do a "squeaky Murray" segment. :-)
                With my tendency towards "sermons" on here, I think my Friday closing segment would be a better fit for "Mad Murray" (the low-pitched Felger bit) ... and if we can convince BS35+2 to do a regular spot?!? Throw in under-development bits involving my ongoing Coach Bazin man crush, our *esteemed rivals* from Orono and the Chestnut Hillbillies/Bandwagon Nation, and yeah - I'm up for it. Goosebumps. WIS rides again!!
                Last edited by Chuck Murray; 05-30-2015, 08:24 AM.
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• We also have the perfect "Squeaky Mazz" ...

... and he's the guy with the turtleneck tendency behind the UNH bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post

We SO have to do this. Made my day - some excellent early morning thinking, Felger!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Nick from the Heights can be your regular antagonist caller; HR can put you in place each day for your negativity.
                      Hahaha bring it...I'll even put on my pink hat while shaking my finger at those two...
                      Ps Felger really you flatter me; I've been called worse than a syncophant 😉
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 05-30-2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Hahaha bring it...I'll even put on my pink hat while shaking my finger at those two...
                        Did any of you happen to hear the woman from West Roxbury yesterday? The one that said she would punch Felger in the face if she ever ran into him on the street? HockeyRef was the first thing that came to my mind, and I must confess was part of the inspiration for my idea.
                        UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Did any of you happen to hear the woman from West Roxbury yesterday? The one that said she would punch Felger in the face if she ever ran into him on the street? HockeyRef was the first thing that came to my mind, and I must confess was part of the inspiration for my idea.
                          I was working from home, can't get 98.5 to come in so had the tv on. Stepped into the room when it was going on, there faces were priceless, they were really enjoying her take.
                          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Unfortunately Kawaguchi didn't hear about the scoreboard in time.
                            The Souza record:
                            15-16 10th place
                            16-17 10th place
                            17-18 11th place
                            18-19 8th place
                            19-20 9th place
                            20-21 10th place
                            21-22 9th place
                            22-23 10th place

Comment

Absolutely, Felger, which is what led me to reply as I did here, that along with "squeaky Mazz." A Friday "Mad Murray" rant will be an excellent way to conclude your show each week. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                                Unfortunately Kawaguchi didn't hear about the scoreboard in time.
                                So a 5'8" forward who scored 17 fewer points than Liam Blackburn in the BCHL last season and was drafted 153th overall in the 2015 USHL draft commits to the National Champion and you see that as proof that a jumbotron won't help UNH's ability to recruit top prospects? That's a bit of a stretch.
                                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X