This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

My concern is some of the nine(?) incoming freshmen will not see much ice time, which would be a big step backwards after this past year, in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Here's hoping they have big breakout years...😉
      You and me both!
      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

So far, 5 forwards - Frankie Cefalu, Jason Kalinowski, Christopher Miller, Ara Nazarian, and Marcus Vela - and 1 defenseman - Joseph Masonius - have confirmed their plan to enroll in September, 2015.

4 forwards - Camper, Downing, Thrush, and Willows - and 2 defensemen - Pesce and Randall - have left the team.

My best guess is that Liam Blackburn will also enroll in the Fall of 2015 though this is yet to be confirmed. If he does, that would make 6 incoming forwards and 1 incoming defenseman.

I think that defenseman Nick Nonis may possibly come next fall but that may depend on how much Dylan Maller recovers from his foot issues. If this is the case, then the decision might not come until sometime this summer.
        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

"Liam Blackburn Plans Fall 2016 Arrival at UNH"

Comment

• Thanks, Mike. So, just 17 forwards competing for ice time.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
              Killing time at the dentist's office, when better to jump back into this mess ...

Last year, on one or more occasions, one or more of these seniors sat as healthy scratches. I have no reason not to suspect the same could happen next year, EXCEPT, somebody put letters on their sweaters. The odds are now much higher that they are going to play even when (perhaps) more talented guys are available. It's that simple, and I don't think this constitutes attacking anyone.
              As much a fact as one will ever read on a fan forum.

Correale played 39 games last season so you'd expect him to play a similar amount next season. McD. and Gaudreault have both had "Boy, if they could only do more of that" moments. I can't remember the specific McD. moment, but it was big strong not to be denied physical play in front of the offensive net. For Gaudreault an example was at UML last season. He scored a goal, was 9 - 17 on face offs, played with grit and determination as we were getting smoked.

If they can "hyper-Camper" the letters on their sweaters will work out. Says the guy who really wanted to see TK with at least an "A".
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                Correale played 39 games last season so you'd expect him to play a similar amount next season. McD. and Gaudreault have both had "Boy, if they could only do more of that" moments. I can't remember the specific McD. moment, but it was big strong not to be denied physical play in front of the offensive net. For Gaudreault an example was at UML last season. He scored a goal, was 9 - 17 on face offs, played with grit and determination as we were getting smoked.

If they can "hyper-Camper" the letters on their sweaters will work out. Says the guy who really wanted to see TK with at least an "A".
                Who are you, and what have you done to formerly disagreeable Darius?
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Did Ya hear?!? We r getting a video board this coming season!!!!

http://www.unhwildcats.com/releases/videoboard
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 05-20-2015, 11:39 AM.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Woohoo.

Comment

Linky: http://www.unhwildcats.com/releases/videoboard

It's not even April 1!
                      Are you guys brothers?

Comment

Umile says will help with recruiting; BS35+2 listens. Interesting that the Borisenok Family Foundation is one of several major donors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Umile says will help with recruiting; BS35+2 listens. Interesting that the Borisenok Family Foundation is one of several major donors.
                          Snively can you give some insight as to the donor you mention? I agree; a great team needs a professional arena 😉
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Did Ya hear?!? We r getting a video board this coming season!!!!

Yes!!!

Comment

"Jumbo-Sized News for UNH Hockey"

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Snively can you give some insight as to the donor you mention? I agree; a great team needs a professional arena 😉
                                Some here probably would categorize Mike Borisenok as a classic plugger, from earlier in this thread. And, I still consider this term in a favorable light, as after playing in only 11 games with a goal and an assist during his freshman year in 2008-09, he did not miss another game, so 124 games total. Although Mike did not have the scoring touch, with only 19 goals and 30 assists overall, he always played hard, with his 5'8" frame, usually on the lower lines, and was a co-captain his senior year. He was tied with three others for ninth in scoring 12 points his senior year, when UNH got knocked out of the HEA by BU in the first round, and did not make the NCAAs with their 15-18-3 record. So, I think that it is really cool that Mike and his family have made this gift to UNH; obviously they were very happy with his experience as a Wildcat, and Umile and Marty must be very pleased.

Comment

Working...
                                X