PDA

View Full Version : UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51

HockeyRef
06-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Please don't remind us.:( And take our AD, Please!:mad:

What, you guys don't like your AD? :p Looking forward to visiting Matthews again this season!! Cool arena..

Snively65
06-08-2015, 05:33 PM
[ And I dislike using the word "luck" in describing any championship team. It's disrespectful of a great accomplishment, and just reflects poorly on whomever raises it (sour grapes, etc.). For me ... "The harder I work, the luckier I get".

Talent is a wonderful thing, but if it's NOT harnessed AND motivated, it will only ever get you so far ...

No sour grapes or lack of respect for the last three NCs here. I said "an ELEMENT of luck, along with a hot goaltender." Element was bad word choice on my part, as I should have written "a little bit of luck," which I think sometimes makes the difference on top of talent and hard work. Hoky said that Union did not rely on any luck in their NC run and that goaltender was just ok. But, Colin Stevens posted 2.0479 GAA and 0.929 SV% for 36 games, including the post-season, which was better than Yale's Jeff Malcolm the year before and very close to PCs Jon Gillies this past year. I realize that Stevens had a lot of offense in front of him, along with Gostisbehere for 25+ minutes of D most nights. In any case, I almost always root for the underdog, and was delighted that new teams won the NC the past three seasons, especially with Yale and PC coming all the way from #15 PWR, which without at least little luck might have left them on the outside looking in. With a little puck luck in the NC game in 1999, UNH might have a NC, too.

I would still take JvR-caliber players even for just two years anytime, and do not support the view that he was not trying.

UNH1932
06-08-2015, 06:22 PM
I used to think NCAA Watcher and C-H-C were the two most informative posters on the UNH fan forum at USCHO and both were mostly on the same page until the recent past (3+ years or so). I believed you both cared deeply about the UNH hockey team and that you both would like UNH to have the best players possible. I eagerly awaited the news about recruits that you two would share with us on a regular basis. It seems Watcher has no longer been informative but has joined the chorus of haters on USCHO. I believe many of you are not season-ticket holders or have limited if any ties to UNH. Dave Lassonde recruited Vecchione as he did many others during the last 20 years. He had ties to a prior assistant coach who left to take over the Head Coaching job at Merrimack and moved to Malden Catholic soon thereafter. Hokydad seems to dislike UNH intensely over Michael Vecchione’s one year deferral. Mike is a great talent and we all wish him the best and congratulate him on his Union championship and career. I hope you can get over it as deep down I know you want to root for UNH. Hokydad, I attended the UNH/UCONN game in Hartford and the lower bowl was mostly full. That was one game but I am sure there were ~ 5000 fans and they were cheering loudly for the home team.

McCloskey did have an impact on the BCHL kids early on and Eric Flinton was the first of many to come to British Columbia East. We brought in 20-21 year olds in the mid-90’s and many teams still follow that model. It seems to get at least one great year out of four for most teams using the model. We had excellent players during most of Umile’s tenure and it is not fair to compare goal (point) scoring during the 1997-2003 period versus thereafter. It is like comparing Kariya to Eichel. They are both great hockey players. Bashing Scott Borek as a recruiter is easy but he is probably one of the best recruiters in college hockey. He was the first to find many of the stars you see at BC, BU and other top schools in the country. I have consistently noted that you could not be more wrong about some of the NH players you stated were not recruited by UNH. Most were heavily recruited by UNH as were many of the BCHL, USHL and top eastern players. There are at least a half dozen or more players now at BC, BU, Northeastern, Notre Dame and Michigan who had great recruiting visits to UNH. They chose other schools for a variety of reasons. There were several star players at BC who had given a commitment date of the following Monday to UNH, only to be stolen away by a call from a certain BC Head Coach without a campus visit. Is that Scott Borek’s fault that they did not come to UNH? I see so many posters who consistently spout falsehoods without any relevant information to back it up. There are very few teams in US college hockey with a track record as good as UNH during Dick Umile’s tenure. Do you bash Michigan on their site for missing the NCAA tourney? Wisconsin? Colorado College? Michigan State? Etc….? We have missed the tournament 3 out of 4 years but seem to be on an upward trend. UNH has made the tourney more than only a handful of schools during Umile’s tenure.

Very few recruits interested in the Big 10, NCHC powerhouses, BC, BU , Notre Dame, choose UNH. That does not mean they do not visit UNH as it is still a first tier program in most student-athletes minds. You downplay Umile’s recruiting abilities. Parents and players love him and he makes his way to the rinks more than you give him credit for. There are only so many junior teams within 2 hours of Durham. Some of you were giving credit to Leaman for being a rink rat. Looking at Providence’s roster, most of the players are not from New England (20 out of 29)(I do not know if he has a Concorde Jet or a Jetsonmobile but it seems unlikely). I admire his training regimen and his ability to recruit players that buy into his system. I admit I do like UNH’s wide open offense as it is much more fun to watch than Providence and Lowell. I know they have been winning recently, but it is very recent and they will run into the fourth liners wanting to be first liners soon enough like every successful school.

Scoring has decreased in junior hockey and college hockey dramatically over the past decade. We are not the UNH of the 1970’s averaging 6+ goals per game or the late 90’s/early 2000’s where we were averaging 30% on power play attempts and scoring 5+ goals per game. Many other teams saw a huge drop in scoring over the past decade. UNH averaged over 3 goals per game last year, which was well above the average in college hockey. I think most could agree that we have excellent top- 6 talents at the forward position with Poturalski, Kelleher, Foegele, Eiserman, McNicholas, Nazarian and Vela over the next 2-3 years and Salvaggio and Hill played very well during the home stretch and playoffs last year. I have read most of your assessments of the senior class, and do not want to start more anger, hate and rage from the tribe. Collins for BC and Butler from UNH did not show their greatness until they were given power play-first line opportunities. Maybe some of our seniors will step up to the plate this year. I hope so as I know most of you really want to show the love instead of the hate in your hearts at present. Other than UMASS and Northeastern, most teams do not play their best player on the third line during regular shifts. Very few 3rd and 4th liners in college hockey are prolific scorers.
The first two lines score the lion’s share of goals on most teams and UNH is no different. We have very solid third and fourth line players with some scoring ability and excellent defensive skills as they generally control the play during their shifts against similar lines. Our defensive recruiting has been very good as well over the past several years with Cleland, Maller (when healthy), Marks, Masonius, Pesce (signed professional contract) and Furgele (late bloomer) are and were very good defensemen. Chanter and Boyd should be better prepared for the change in speed at the college level after some experience and Harry Quast played very well in the latter part of the season in both the offensive and defensive zones. I believe all would agree that we have solid goaltending for the foreseeable future and our recruits from now until 2018 are mostly high end student-athletes.

UNH cannot have an all-star team like BC and BU as we lose most recruiting battles to these schools. We also lose out to Michigan, Miami, Notre Dame, Minnesota, North Dakota and Denver in most cases. I am proud that UNH does not renege on commitments made to recruits (we will honor your scholarship but you will never play here mentality as the Boston schools have been known to do). Dick Umile takes calls from those who are committing elsewhere and wishes them the best unlike some others who just hang up. Yes, it is true that we now lose some recruits to Providence, Northeastern, and other hockey east teams from time to time. This is not always because they do not want to come to UNH (sometimes it is the scholarship package that a school can offer) but sometimes they do not see it as a fit from one side or the other. We did suffer in recruiting when we were on probation, but I believe the mix of recruits over the past few years has been very good. We also lost a few to admissions and questionable deferrals of high end talent that can be debated and has been ad infinitum. Providence has some skill players and as of late spectacular goaltending and the same can be said for Umass Lowell. Both Bazin and Leaman use trapping defenses and marine boot camp training to win close games on a regular basis. Goalies are very important to all teams but particularly important to them. Our home ice is the Whittemore Center which is not conducive to trapping defenses to win close games. We will never win most recruiting battles with the evil empires in Boston but our non-playoff records against these teams have been very good during Umile’s tenure.

Bill Knowles 104M8

UNH1932
06-08-2015, 06:24 PM
There are 18 scholarships (as Greg A stated recently in a post) at most (non-Ivy) NCAA Division 1 schools and as of late most teams are carrying 25-30+ players on their rosters. Canadian and other foreign players and High-End American (usually top 3 rounds in NHL draft) players get 4 years or 3 years. If you have 10-12 high end players including goalies that leaves 6-10 scholarships for the other 18+ players if you have 30 on your team (this is more common today than in the past as Greg stated 25 and that was true 5+ years ago). There are some non-scholarship players (usually 2-3 per team) but most are looking for at least 2 years and high end kids get 3+ as stated above. Boston area kids love the Beanpot and UNH is at a disadvantage. Even Wakefield, Reading and Chelmsford kids are now BU first and the Preppies and upper middle class catholic league kids go to BC as the first choice. The scholarship offer is secondary. BC is one of the best schools with a hockey team to offer scholarships in the Northeastern US (or the entire US for that matter). Providence will have 10-12 players in the stands at every game next year (based on incoming from College Commitments and 2014-2015 roster). They have 9 graduating in 2016 so they do have a bit more room than UNH for 2016-2017 full scholarships. It would be nice to have both Blackburn and Kawaguchi, but it is unrealistic given the scholarship constraints. It is less likely today that we would be the first choice of the Souza’s, Collins and Saviano’s as the Boston schools are more likely to snap them up early. They even snap up our best NH players (BC is a first choice school for even NH kids).I do hope their children will play for UNH and I hope Jimmy Abbott and Preston Callendar will send their kids too. We can be the school of first choice for former players’ kids.
Players have shared that a loud full house is most important (other than academics and comfort) to them when picking a school (the northern New England state schools deliver on this when they have good teams), a Jumbotron is a close second and excellent training facilities was third (I have heard they are building a hockey weight room in the new addition (old pool area) at the old Snively. Some mention they want a lounge area like they have in North Dakota, Denver, Colorado College and some other Western Schools. These schools tend to be the first choice of Western Canadian recruits and California recruits. I believe C-H-C is correct when asserting that the Jumbotron will help with recruiting and it will probably be good for attendance. Coach Umile is very happy that we will have a jumbotron for fans and recruiting purposes. The Western Schools ticket prices are far higher than ours have ever been (we paid 40+ dollars for good seats at face value at CC, 35-40 at Denver and 35 for end zone seats at MN).

Although I do enjoy a laugh now and again when the haters start in on their hate for Umile and Blue Skies, it is like apples and oranges to compare the UNH hockey and Football team. Hockey East is the SEC of the college hockey world and Div 1-AA football is not like the other. I am a huge football fan and one of the 182 season ticket holders last year. I was happy to see us ranked number 1 and the turnout for the playoff games was fun to see and I was happy to participate. Coach McDonnell does not compete at the same level as hockey for recruits. He has done very well and has been loyal to those he recruits and I appreciate that more than words can state. He has done a tremendous job at UNH but so has Dick Umile. I know new blood sometimes starts a spark that expands exponentially, but it might be Bill Walsh of the 49ers with incredible success or it might be across the bay in Oakland (we all know how that turned out). I will take the Tom Landry/Don Shula in the later years for a few more until Umile retires and hope for the best. WI, MN, Notre Dame and Michigan have huge recruiting advantages and they cannot deliver championships regularly and have missed the tournament like UNH has recently. Why do you think Umile should be in the national hunt every year? Even BC has down years from time to time. Kevin Regan’s senior year we swept Maine, BU and BC during the regular season. That was one of our best team’s ever and we just did not close the deal. It is not Umile’s fault as we were number 1 or number 2 for most of the season. We have been one game from the frozen four many times over the past decade. Most schools would be happy with that record and I know that we want more but we can be a lot worse too. I do like the caption at the bottom of Watcher’s posts about Bill Walsh’s view of institutional change, but college hockey is a bit different than pro football. A college university can recruit anyone that can skate and there are no drafts.

Thanks to Mike for all he does for us with his updates and the UNH blog. I appreciate your devotion to our team more than words can say. Watcher, you have been one of the best posters over the past decade + and please keep it up even if I hate the Umile bashing. I want to send a shout out to Hockey Ref, as your optimism and enthusiasm is refreshing .Please do not lose the spark of a true UNH hockey fan. Notre Dame was a great experience even if we had to deal with the crazy snow storm (we were the lucky ones who booked to Detroit as our friends from Ann Arbor and Lansing joined us). It is a tough sell to the travel team in January if you have a full time job.

I am very disappointed with the JVR and TVR bashing on USCHO forum. Trevor was one of the best defenseman UNH has ever had. I know last year many were stating that Knodel was far better than TVR and Pesce was really the best defenseman and those are valid opinions that one can hold. You would get a better gauge if you would ask the other Hockey East coaches and his teammates, opposing players and NHL scouts. Ask Johnny Gaudreau about his holding TVR’s stick because he could not get around him (though they called a matching minor, JG should have been solo in the box and they discussed that while laughing on their way to the box). TVR made the Chicago Black Hawks team right out of training camp and was never assigned to AHL roster. He rehabbed in the AHL like many other NHL players do and was injured during his rehab. I think the Black Hawks coach knows a little more about hockey talent than most on this board and he started TVR as a top 4 defenseman. Timmy Murray was a similar player who never made the NHL but was also one of UNH’s best ever and Trevor was lucky and talented enough to make an NHL roster. Stating he is an AHL player or “so I doubt TvR will be given the opportunity to get injured again in the Cup finals” is beneath we UNH hockey fans. I look forward to seeing him play tonight in the Stanley Cup Finals.
James was one of the best players to ever play at UNH. He had 74 pts in 67 games in 2 years playing out of position and playing injured (or sitting out due to shoulder injuries) thanks to the Hockey East goons. He played Center at UNH per Flyers request to improve his defensive skills. He would likely have scored many more goals from his natural winger position and he was not floating he was playing proper defense in the UNH system. Was Grayson Downing dogging it this year when he was playing UNH defensive scheme? No ,Grayson was not dogging it and neither was James. I have never heard any UNH coach say he was dogging it on the ice at any point in time. If Danny Dries had not mouthed off to Coach Umile, we might have beat BU in Manchester as he was playing on JVR’s line that week in practice. He was also a great talent but did not have the cool and calm persona that James Van Riemsdyk had. I am asking you all to thank Frans and Allison Van Riemsdyk for sending their kids to UNH. They are among the best players we have ever had and many of you just bash and bash some more. We have an elite goal scorer coming next year from the family as well.

Bill Knowles 104M8

UNH1932
06-08-2015, 06:24 PM
I cannot wait until the season opener Exhibition on October 4. We were the last team to beat the 2015 National Champions and on their home ice. We also gave BU the best game of any team after the regular season (before the meltdown in the 3rd period of the finals) other than the surprise loss in the finals. I hope to see most of you and our new Jumbotron in October and I hope we can be the fourth team in four years to win their first national championship in 2016. I am sure the coaches will be watching for you all on the kiss cam at the first home game.

I know there are true fans who are disappointed with the team like Greg Ambrose (who I see at many of the away games) and I appreciate his loyalty to the program whether he is in hater mode or not (he has not had pleasant things to say at away games the past few years, I was wondering a few times if he was going to change and root for the other team), but he is there and he is loyal to UNH. I see Darcy and the Gower’s everywhere it seems, they have their finger on the pulse and are true fans. They were in Maine, Michigan and Notre Dame as those were the three games with the fewest UNH fans attending this past year. Very few parents traveled to Maine as it is crazy to think a parent living in CT, MA or NJ can make it to Maine by 7 pm even if they get out of work early. I hope they decide to play two one year in Maine and the next in NH (flag dude’s info is incorrect on this year’s games as it is home and away) and play the other games in Manchester and Portland out of conference (I do not think those are in December this year, but the original schedule might have changed). Those who follow the team everywhere do not feel the same way about our team as the hater’s on USCHO currently. They see a team that gives their heart and soul for us on a nightly basis. I always make it a point to chat with the players who are not dressing and many of them are very talented players, but as stated above, many are caught in the modern numbers game. I thank all of the true fans for being loyal to our team. I understand the concept of removing the blinders, but the lines have been crossed too many times over the past few months in discussions. I do not know if most of you are season ticket holders attending every game or not, but I am guessing that the majority of naysayers are not regular attendees to UNH home games. I hope they keep the prices low this year like they did last year and maybe football and hockey can win national championships in the same year.

I want Chuck to start a women’s soccer thread, so all of the hockey coaches can bash him on his recruiting and coaching decisions. I am sure they do not have enough time to post as often as you, but I admit I do get a chuckle every now and again. I know all of the haters must be far better at their jobs than Umile is at his, but even though he cannot be the best in the country like most of you are at your jobs, he gives his all to the Blue and White. I do not know if JB will put in for the coaching job but I hope so if he knows as much as he thinks he knows about hockey. I am sure the rest of you will be bashing him too if he does not deliver the Holy Grail. If Snively65 could become a true fan of Bentley University (another up and coming powerhouse), we might have to give up on our alma mater and cheer for the Waltham home team. Chuck is a grad of Snively’s employer if I am not mistaken and he might join the dialogue with a Bentley National Championship before UNH. I picture it with Umile as the Bentley Coach with Borek and Lassonde like the olden days.

I admit that I would cheer for our team regardless of the outcome. I never rooted against my kids teams when they were younger even if some other teams were better. I never called for the head of any coach as I knew that I could never be as talented as they were at their job. I am a fan of UNH, just like I was and am a Red Sox fan. I was happy being a Sox fan even in 1986 and 2003 as they were my team and still are. I am very happy being a UNH hockey team even if they are .500 again this year (though I think they will be much better). I hope Umile gets a national championship and if not the next coach will take over the task and hopefully will satisfy the faithful before the old-timers part ways with this earth.
Dick Umile is a great hockey coach, a great recruiter and a terrific human being. He treats everyone like they are the most important person in the room and he trains his players to be good and decent men. They love him and keep in touch with him discussing their lives and memories. He is especially great when dealing with those less fortunate than him. I know he does not read this thread but I know you all know that we are a very lucky lot to have someone like him as the head coach of our beloved UNH Hockey team.

Scott Borek is a great recruiter and a great hockey mind. He is a mentor to many and is friends with all in the hockey community. He has done a great deal to bring the best young hockey players to camp at UNH and he truly cares about all of the kids whether they commit to UNH or not. I have known him for many years and he is a fine human being and I am pleased to have him as a friend. I wish him the best of luck in his new job. I will root for him, except when we are playing Providence and hope he is happy in his new job and community. I hope we can keep in touch.
Should you want to discuss these and other matters in October, you can find me in seat 104 M 8 between periods or out in the lobby before games waiting for relatives to pick up their tickets. Have a great summer and I hope to see my fellow season ticket holders in the fall. Here we go!

Bill Knowles 104M8

Hokydad
06-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Wow, talk about informative.
I don't hate UNH, just like busting chops about MV. It worked out great for him, life changing move on and off the ice

Knoedel not close to TVR

Lots of friends from UNH, coached many who have went there.
Will always like Dick Umile, he is a real person and a stand up guy. I took Chris Serino to his last college game ever. UNH at PC. They were long time friends, long time. After game Dick had the bus wait for a long time while the two of them hung out and caught up. Tough road win and I remember Dick saying, it's not getting any easier... He of course meant hockey, Chris looked at him and said, you are not kidding there. They both smiled. He of course was talking about cancer. I would love to see Dick Umile win as it would make Chris very happy. Dick was always very loyal to Chris:. Nothing more important than being a loyal guy, in good and bad times.
There is more to life than a hockey season and Umile gets that.

HockeyRef
06-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Hey Bill rather than repost your post thanks for the positives! Just so you know quite a few of us here are season tix holders ( our first year last year after following the team extensively the year before) and we also follow them on the road. Not like Darci and the gang tho!! Hope to meet you next season am also a FOMH member. (Section 101 D10/11)

On another note TvR is holding his own out there tonight Go 'Hawks!!

HockeyRef
06-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Wow, talk about informative.
I don't hate UNH, just like busting chops about MV. It worked out great for him, life changing move on and off the ice

Knoedel not close to TVR

Lots of friends from UNH, coached many who have went there.
Will always like Dick Umile, he is a real person and a stand up guy. I took Chris Serino to his last college game ever. UNH at PC. They were long time friends, long time. After game Dick had the bus wait for a long time while the two of them hung out and caught up. Tough road win and I remember Dick saying, it's not getting any easier... He of course meant hockey, Chris looked at him and said, you are not kidding there. They both smiled. He of course was talking about cancer. I would love to see Dick Umile win as it would make Chris very happy. Dick was always very loyal to Chris:. Nothing more important than being a loyal guy, in good and bad times.
There is more to life than a hockey season and Umile gets that.

Hey Hoky enjoy your insights (when you aren't busting us about MV 😉 ) and you are absolutely right about Coach Umile. He is a die hard for the sport and his team. The few times I've met him he's always shook our hands and been gracious. They say he builds players into men and that is evident. Like TvR said at the 2014 banquet "No one wants it more and no one is more deserving than Coach Umile" (NC reference). I second that sentiment...

Snively65
06-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Wow, fantastic posts, Bill Knowles.

I am watching TvR right now, rooting for his Blackhawks, and delighted that he had at least one of those SOG in the first period. As I noted above, I loved watching JvR play for UNH, and he must be really proud of his little bro right now. At least three other HEA alums also in this Stanley Cup, I think.

HockeyRef
06-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Wow, fantastic posts, Bill Knowles.

I am watching TvR right now, rooting for his Blackhawks, and delighted that he had at least one of those SOG in the first period. As I noted above, I loved watching JvR play for UNH, and he must be really proud of his little bro right now. At least three other HEA alums also in this Stanley Cup, I think.. Snively guess the whole vR fam is at the game. And Mike Milbury just gave TvR a nod of approval so that has to bode well for the third ☺️😉

Ya Bishop and Darling? Both UMaine boys? Bishop is clearly battling... Not a great 2nd but fun to see TvR out there. Sad I missed most of his (and all of JvR's) tenure at the U...Oh and Patrick Sharp UVM...

Snively65
06-08-2015, 10:09 PM
. Snively guess the whole vR fam is at the game. And Mike Milbury just gave TvR a nod of approval so that has to bode well for the third ☺️😉

Ya Bishop and Darling? Both UMaine boys? Bishop is clearly battling... Not a great 2nd but fun to see TvR out there. Sad I missed most of his (and all of JvR's) tenure at the U...Oh and Patrick Sharp UVM...

Great game 3 tonight.

Also, Brian Boyle from BC.

Good to see TvR still out there in the third tonight; Quenneville showing confidence in our alum.

Looking forward to BvR's arrival in Durham next year.

Whenever I watch Ben Bishop, and especially after seeing him take that head shot from Saad tonight, I cannot help remembering Trevor Smith flattening him when he strayed outside his crease at Lake Whitt.

hawksLL
06-08-2015, 10:25 PM
Bill Knowles 104M8

I had a Bill Knowles as a teacher when I was at UNH. He always called us boozebags. I guess looking back on it he wasn't wrong....
Good guy.

jeteye1717
06-08-2015, 11:51 PM
... the Boston schools ... even snap up our best NH players (BC is a first choice school for even NH kids). I do hope their children will play for UNH, and I hope Jimmy Abbott and Preston Callendar will send their kids too. We can be the school of first choice for former players’ kids.

The next former UNH player's son who dons a Wildcat sweater will be the first; to date, none have done so in the 90+ years of the program ... That's always been a mystery to me, as you'd think at some point the familial lure of the Blue & White (should UNH actually be interested) would prevail, but so far - nada, zip. Brad Holt, of course, played for his father, but that's not quite the same. Bruce Crowder's son played elsewhere, as did Bruce Gillies' (and won a National Championship to boot); I'm sure there are other examples, but those are two that come readily to mind. Like Bill, I'd like to see it happen one day too, but I'm not so sure it'll be anytime soon. Are there any suitable candidates out there in the recruiting pipeline that could be that pioneering legacy player?

HHound
06-09-2015, 08:14 AM
What, you guys don't like your AD? :p Looking forward to visiting Matthews again this season!! Cool arena..

I know you must be kidding. His nickname is "The Hockey Assassin" (HA for short) for what he did to Cronin and his program - while using the silly texting business as his excuse. If a vote were taken of NU hockey fans, he couldn't get elected to be dogcatcher. Enough about him and what might have been.

BTW, you folks clearly have the best written, most informative and entertaining thread on this board. Kudos to the UNH English department or to whoever honed your writing skills.

We'll get our complete schedule tonight at our annual Friends of Hockey meeting (as well as a surprise or two). Does anyone here know when we play each other?

Nick Papagiorgio
06-09-2015, 08:25 AM
If a vote were taken of NU hockey fans, he couldn't get elected to be dogcatcher. Enough about him and what might have been.

That's certainly a braintrust right there. :D

HockeyRef
06-09-2015, 08:32 AM
I know you must be kidding. His nickname is "The Hockey Assassin" (HA for short) for what he did to Cronin and his program - while using the silly texting business as his excuse. If a vote were taken of NU hockey fans, he couldn't get elected to be dogcatcher. Enough about him and what might have been.

BTW, you folks clearly have the best written, most informative and entertaining thread on this board. Kudos to the UNH English department or to whoever honed your writing skills.

We'll get our complete schedule tonight at our annual Friends of Hockey meeting (as well as a surprise or two). Does anyone here know when we play each other?

Yup I was being sarcastic but not at your expense as I know you guys are not happy with the HA I mean AD!!! Read about your plight last season.
Glad you like the stuff here it's never a dull moment. There are some prolific writers to be sure!
No idea when we play each other wonder if the HE schedule is finalized...
Best wishes next season you have some big guns coming back?

Felger
06-09-2015, 08:35 AM
Yup I was being sarcastic but not at your expense as I know you guys are not happy with the HA I mean AD!!! Read about your plight last season.
Glad you like the stuff here it's never a dull moment. There are some prolific writers to be sure!
No idea when we play each other wonder if the HE schedule is finalized...
Best wishes next season you have some big guns coming back?

I've been wondering if the league is working on scheduling game(s) at Gillette alongside the Winter Classic.

Another Jump the Shark moment

Snively65
06-09-2015, 08:49 AM

Whoever or whomever?

HHound
06-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Whoever or whomever?

Whoever is correct, as it is being used as a noun. Whomever is used as an object.:)

Chuck Murray
06-09-2015, 09:37 AM
I want Chuck to start a women’s soccer thread, so all of the hockey coaches can bash him on his recruiting and coaching decisions. I am sure they do not have enough time to post as often as you, but I admit I do get a chuckle every now and again. I know all of the haters must be far better at their jobs than Umile is at his, but even though he cannot be the best in the country like most of you are at your jobs, he gives his all to the Blue and White. I do not know if JB will put in for the coaching job but I hope so if he knows as much as he thinks he knows about hockey. I am sure the rest of you will be bashing him too if he does not deliver the Holy Grail. If Snively65 could become a true fan of Bentley University (another up and coming powerhouse), we might have to give up on our alma mater and cheer for the Waltham home team. Chuck is a grad of Snively’s employer if I am not mistaken and he might join the dialogue with a Bentley National Championship before UNH. I picture it with Umile as the Bentley Coach with Borek and Lassonde like the olden days.

OK - which one of you mooks introduced my Dad to the Internet?? :mad: :confused: :D

Heck, and here I thought I was one of Coach Umile's biggest defenders and advocates on here since I came in from the cold a couple of years ago. But I do like the Umile/Borek/Lassonde idea for Bentley (although I'd personally prefer McCloskey over Borek, sorry :o ).

Seriously though, it's great to see the input and enthusiasm, and the willingness to make strong points (and take a few shots, too :D ). Plus the length of your post(s) makes mine look tame by comparison. Thanks Dad! :) ;)