PDA

View Full Version : UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

HockeyRef
05-31-2015, 01:51 PM
TvR will not get a ring unless the Blackhawks can beat the Lightning, of course. But, they sure looked good last night. I was really disappointed in the 'original six' Rangers.

Not sure when HEA schedules come out, but now that the OOC games and four games with Maine are scheduled, you can pretty much guess the remaining HEA games, home and away, based on the past few years.

Agreed on the Rangers...too bad. My prediction for this series: 'Hawks in 6...

Chuck Murray
05-31-2015, 02:19 PM
This is pretty cool; has any UNH alum ever been on a team that went to the SC Finals?

As far as winners ... I'm pretty sure Rod Langway has one (Montreal late '70's) and both Dave Lumley (Edmonton mid '80's) and Norm Lacombe (Edmonton late '80's) may have a pair apiece, while Kevin Dean *might* have one (New Jersey late '90's?). I'm pretty sure Jay Miller was on the Boston team that lost in the SCF to Edmonton in the late '80's. There are likely others, but those are the ones that come to mind ...

Chuck Murray
05-31-2015, 02:20 PM
So glad you mentioned this aspect Chuck. The facilities argument rings a bit hollow when you look at the success of the program across the street.

(taking on the role of "Mazz"): You're absolutely right, Felger!! :)

bomberhockey
05-31-2015, 02:55 PM
Big changes coming to UNH. Careful what you wish for!!

Snively65
05-31-2015, 03:05 PM

Maybe WTSN in Dover will sponsor your radio show? Their motto in the 50s/60s (and later?) was "Next to religion, sports are the most important American way of life."

HockeyRef
05-31-2015, 03:09 PM

Oh yeah? Do tell....

bomberhockey
05-31-2015, 03:15 PM
Oh yeah? Do tell....
It ain't official yet, by next weekend it'll probably all be done.

HockeyRef
05-31-2015, 03:46 PM
It ain't official yet, by next weekend it'll probably all be done.

Well guess we will wait and see. Has to do with coaching most likely; or a change in Athletic Admin can't imagine what else it could be...or maybe...naw couldn't be...

Snively65
05-31-2015, 04:47 PM
Well guess we will wait and see. Has to do with coaching most likely; or a change in Athletic Admin can't imagine what else it could be...or maybe...naw couldn't be...

Return of "Black Betty" as theme song.

Chuck Murray
05-31-2015, 05:50 PM
Don't

C-H-C
05-31-2015, 06:46 PM

That's for sure. It's going to create quite a buzz.

bomberhockey
05-31-2015, 06:52 PM
That's for sure. It's going to create quite a buzz.
UConn pays really well!

HockeyRef
05-31-2015, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=bomberhockey;6166304]UConn pays really well![/QUOTE

You don't say....

bomberhockey
05-31-2015, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=bomberhockey;6166304]UConn pays really well![/QUOTE

You don't say....
The first domino to fall will also be in HE.

HockeyRef
05-31-2015, 07:32 PM
Don't

Wanna elaborate on that Chuck?

Snively65
05-31-2015, 09:02 PM
UConn and NICC are leaving HEA for B1G.

Felger
06-01-2015, 05:39 AM

I actually have no problem playing more of the "Mazz" role..really look forward to hearing the "Mad Chuck" diatribes. Would love to listen to the one about the choice of next season's captain.

I would also add another regular topic to our menu; Both Chuck and I are on record as having a soft spot for the Huntington Hounds, (although the last couple of coaches have made it tough to wish Northeastern any luck.) Then again, UNH fans owe coach Mad Again:mad: a debt of gratitude, for without his assistance this spring the season likely ends in the quarterfinals on Commonwealth Avenue rather than in the semis on Causeway Street. But I digress.

I thought from time to time it would be good to check in on our friends on St. Botolph Street and see how our favorite unhappy person is doing.:mad: With that in mind I want to call everyone's attention to this article (http://www.uscho.com/2015/05/27/interactive-data-how-college-hockey-programs-scored-in-ncaas-academic-progress-rate/) from last week (at least those of you who haven't seen it.) It deals with the academic progress of each of the nation's Division One collegiate hockey programs and its easy to find Northeastern - just go right to the bottom of the list. In fact, if you click and get the line graph that shows the decline over the past decade, that trend pretty much parallels the diminishing respect Chuck and I have for the program.

Congratulations, Coach Mad Again!:mad:

Chuck Murray
06-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Wanna elaborate on that Chuck?

Not really. :D

HockeyRef
06-01-2015, 12:08 PM
I actually have no problem playing more of the "Mazz" role..really look forward to hearing the "Mad Chuck" diatribes. Would love to listen to the one about the choice of next season's captain.

I would also add another regular topic to our menu; Both Chuck and I are on record as having a soft spot for the Huntington Hounds, (although the last couple of coaches have made it tough to wish Northeastern any luck.) Then again, UNH fans owe coach Mad Again:mad: a debt of gratitude, for without his assistance this spring the season likely ends in the quarterfinals on Commonwealth Avenue rather than in the semis on Causeway Street. But I digress.

I thought from time to time it would be good to check in on our friends on St. Botolph Street and see how our favorite unhappy person is doing.:mad: With that in mind I want to call everyone's attention to this article (http://www.uscho.com/2015/05/27/interactive-data-how-college-hockey-programs-scored-in-ncaas-academic-progress-rate/) from last week (at least those of you who haven't seen it.) It deals with the academic progress of each of the nation's Division One collegiate hockey programs and its easy to find Northeastern - just go right to the bottom of the list. In fact, if you click and get the line graph that shows the decline over the past decade, that trend pretty much parallels the diminishing respect Chuck and I have for the program.

Looking forward to your first show...you could focus on this "news" that's coming down soon...?

HHound
06-01-2015, 02:36 PM

As a NU Husky who (usually) has a soft spot for the program Umile runs (and recognizes/accepts the flaws and recent decline of that program), I must say that I am puzzled by the numbers that were published in this article. Here is an article on the NU APR that was published the same day. http://gonu.com/news/2015/5/27/BSB_0527154706.aspx?path=baseball
The article states that every team had an APR above 950 implying that the lowest team APR might have been 951. Another thing that makes the USCHO tally suspect is the enormous gap between St. Cloud St. at 962 and UAH at 948 and NU at 945. The last two are such outliers that further investigation really is warranted.

Felger, I realize that you are only the messenger. The inaccuracy, if there is any, lies with the NCAA and/or the USCHO author. I'm very curious about this and will investigate further. Please note that the players who affected the current APR (?) were not recruited by your friend, Mr. Madigan.

Your impressive score of 997 is darn near perfect. You must have ticked off someone at BC. And how in the world does bu show up with a score of 970 ??