PDA

View Full Version : UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

HockeyRef
05-23-2015, 08:05 AM
With you all the way on this one, Felger. And with all due respect, contrary to C-H-C's preference, I hope like heck they resist the urge to show the live action up there. It just irks me to no end when I go to other arenas, and some fans never take their eyes off the jumbotron for the live action. Good for them I suppose ... but you miss a lot of action when you watch a small screen and its constant focus on the puck. All you ever hear from hockey converts is how they never really appreciated the game fully until they saw it live and in person. So now the solution is to push people away from the live action?? :confused: This way, it's back to watching the game on a huge glorified high-def TV. What's the next move - recliners at center ice for the premium season ticketholders? :rolleyes:

Me thinks you protest too much ;) but I hear you on the live action piece; will be interesting to see how it pans out! As per the recliners, you've seen 'em in the back near section 114...

Darius
05-23-2015, 09:20 AM
Honestly C-H-C, I never watch a jumbotron during live action, where they are available. Sometimes replays are fun, and obviously the clock and penalty times are important. But I'm also pretty much against instant replay for anything other than a goal/no goal call. I'm probably an even bigger dinosaur than Felger, and an older fogie than 'Watcher. So consider the source. :o :)

For what it's worth though ... I'm thinking your assumption of complete video coverage of the entire ice surface at The Whitt may prove to be flawed though. Most of the TV coverage I've seen from The Whitt has been from a single vantage point, along the press box area. To get at the so-called "blind spots" (i.e. corners on the press box side of the arena), they're going to need multiple camera locations, with at least one of those on the opposite side of the ice. Not to mention a director of some sorts that changes the camera shots, no? These are resources that no doubt exist at the TD Garden, and most likely at Agganis. Would the NHPTV crew be brought in to make this happen?Using fairly low quality cameras unless the game is on NESN or NBCSN.

I hope they are purchasing very high quality screens and will show replays of all goals scored by the home and visiting team, penalties, extraordinary plays and plays being reviewed. Very unlikely all that will happen.

Snively65
05-24-2015, 01:27 PM
Looks like TvR just got recalled up to Chicago.

I do not think that TvR made it into the lineup, but what a game 4! Perhaps he will get a chance in games 5 or 6? Back-to-back knee and wrist injuries made for a tough rookie season spent mostly on the shelf.

HockeyRef
05-24-2015, 06:11 PM
I do not think that TvR made it into the lineup, but what a game 4! Perhaps he will get a chance in games 5 or 6? Back-to-back knee and wrist injuries made for a tough rookie season spent mostly on the shelf.

According to a story on Twitter he did not travel with the team to Anaheim...agreed what a game...from news reports I gather he's on standby doesn't seem ready?

Snively65
05-27-2015, 07:00 PM
According to a story on Twitter he did not travel with the team to Anaheim...agreed what a game...from news reports I gather he's on standby doesn't seem ready?

Does not sound like Queneville will play TvR in Blackhawks elimination game 6 tonight despite his depleted defensive corps?

C-H-C
05-27-2015, 07:52 PM
Does not sound like Queneville will play TvR in Blackhawks elimination game 6 tonight despite his depleted defensive corps?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/TvanRiemsdyk6">@TvanRiemsdyk6</a> said Wed he was improving but wasn’t ready to play just yet. <a href="http://t.co/T4ve20Vmvf">http://t.co/T4ve20Vmvf</a></p>&mdash; Mike Lowry (@UNHRecruitsCHC) <a href="https://twitter.com/UNHRecruitsCHC/status/603697906609160194">May 27, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HockeyRef
05-28-2015, 05:05 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/TvanRiemsdyk6">@TvanRiemsdyk6</a> said Wed he was improving but wasn’t ready to play just yet. <a href="http://t.co/T4ve20Vmvf">http://t.co/T4ve20Vmvf</a></p>&mdash; Mike Lowry (@UNHRecruitsCHC) <a href="https://twitter.com/UNHRecruitsCHC/status/603697906609160194">May 27, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Interesting to see if he gets in game 7...can't be any worse for the wear I suppose and given what the Hawks have to use for the bottom D pairs heck, bring in TvR if he's ready!!!

Snively65
05-28-2015, 05:53 AM
Interesting to see if he gets in game 7...can't be any worse for the wear I suppose and given what the Hawks have to use for the bottom D pairs heck, bring in TvR if he's ready!!!

Convincing 5-2 win by Blackhawks, but Ducks won SOG 32-23. I could not find a box score that showed minutes played or who was on the ice for the two Ducks goals, but my guess is that the Blackhawks third D pair did not see much ice time. Duncan Keith was No. 1 star with his assists on first thee goals.

Chuck Murray
05-28-2015, 09:11 AM
Listen guys, honestly ... I admire your support and all the TvR-related enthusiasm ... but the idea that a young AHL kid with minimal NHL regular season experience is going to walk off glorified IR smack dab into Game 7 of the Western Finals is a bit farfetched. He is there in case of an emergency - and maybe even to soak up the high intensity atmosphere for the future. "Emergency" does not include replacing even the muckiest journeyman 4th pairing NHL defenseman.

And even IF he does (amazingly) dress for Game 7, I'd be shocked if Quenneville gave him more than 5 minutes of spot duty in relatively safe situations. Otherwise, carry on. :) ;)

Nick Papagiorgio
05-28-2015, 09:21 AM
Listen guys, honestly ... I admire your support and all the TvR-related enthusiasm ... but the idea that a young AHL kid with minimal NHL regular season experience is going to walk off glorified IR smack dab into Game 7 of the Western Finals is a bit farfetched. He is there in case of an emergency - and maybe even to soak up the high intensity atmosphere for the future. "Emergency" does not include replacing even the muckiest journeyman 4th pairing NHL defenseman.

And even IF he does (amazingly) dress for Game 7, I'd be shocked if Quenneville gave him more than 5 minutes of spot duty in relatively safe situations. Otherwise, carry on. :) ;)

Jeez Chuck, while you're at it, might as well pizz in everyone's Cheerios again this morning and tell us that the jumbotron at the Whitt isn't going to entice the blue chippas to Durham. I've already put in for vacation days for the weeks after the FF for 2016-2024 so I can make sure I can get to the parade in Durham!

Snively65
05-28-2015, 12:08 PM

Of course, you are right, Chuck. But, I will bet that you do not see Timonen playing any more minutes on the Blackhawks blue line. BTW, your SOG hypothesis was spot on for game 6.

Nick, will look for you at our parade in Durham around mid-April 2017, after our Cats win it all and Kelleher gets the Hobey. This coming year looks grim for the Cats, even if a couple of the incoming freshmen have good seasons.

HockeyRef
05-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Of course, you are right, Chuck. But, I will bet that you do not see Timonen playing any more minutes on the Blackhawks blue line. BTW, your SOG hypothesis was spot on for game 6.

Nick, will look for you at our parade in Durham around mid-April 2017, after our Cats win it all and Kelleher gets the Hobey. This coming year looks grim for the Cats, even if a couple of the incoming freshmen have good seasons.

Personally I'd be surprised if TvR gets any playing time at all this season. Can't imagine he would be "game ready" and with the criticism Coach Q received after what game 4 was it on his choice of line up I would be amazed. Thrilled of course if it happens!
Parade eh? Snively why such a grim prognosis? Just because we are going to be young again at D and will struggle at least initially at replacing some offense ok alot of offense...Actually I am already steeling myself for a similar season to this year but hope to be pleasantly surprised....Nick remind me to save you a seat on the Main Street...😉

Snively65
05-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Snively why such a grim prognosis? Just because we are going to be young again at D and will struggle at least initially at replacing some offense ok alot of offense...Actually I am already steeling myself for a similar season to this year but hope to be pleasantly surprised....Nick remind me to save you a seat on the Main Street...��

Hmm, see a couple dozen posts beginning with your #604 post, HR. I simply do not see how next year's forwards are going to make up for the 50 goals by last year's seniors, especially given that apparently only a couple of incoming freshmen are going to see much ice time given the way letters were awarded for next season. I am hoping that this coming year's seniors will surprise, but I am thinking that Chuck's thread title for this past regular season would have been more appropriate for this coming season.

HockeyRef
05-28-2015, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=Snively65;6165550]Hmm, see a couple dozen posts beginning with your #604 post, HR. I simply do not see how next year's forwards are going to make up for the 50 goals by last year's seniors, especially given that apparently only a couple of incoming freshmen are going to see much ice time given the way letters were awarded for next season. I am hoping that this coming year's seniors will surprise, but I am thinking that Chuck's thread title for this past regular season would have been more appropriate for this coming season.[/QUOTE

Hey am with you in your concerns ...I too worry about lost offense and again our D has lost some big muscle with Pesce gone. Feel good about the GK situation. Hoping the right combinations are discovered sooner rather than later although I know these things take time?
Still the team's core found out what winning big games felt like so that has to account for something. We'll see...I remain hopeful and optimistic!

Felger
05-30-2015, 05:50 AM
I'm probably an even bigger dinosaur than Felger

Felger and Murray. A regular radio show on UNH sports. I love it. If you think Felger and Mazz get the sycophants blood boiling in Boston imagine what we could do.:D

Just need to get Marty to do a regular spot ala Neely. Chuck's interview would be must listen radio....

Snively65
05-30-2015, 07:18 AM
Felger and Murray. A regular radio show on UNH sports. I love it. If you think Felger and Mazz get the sycophants blood boiling in Boston imagine what we could do.:D

Just need to get Marty to do a regular spot ala Neely. Chuck's interview would be must listen radio....

Ha, ha, ha. Felger and Mazz do a "squeaky Mazz" segment near the end of their show that uses "our" hockey, pre-game, build-up piece at Lake Whitt for music background (I forget its name). You guys could do a "squeaky Murray" segment. :-)

Nick from the Heights can be your regular antagonist caller; HR can put you in place each day for your negativity.

Chuck Murray
05-30-2015, 08:17 AM
Ha, ha, ha. Felger and Mazz do a "squeaky Mazz" segment near the end of their show that uses "our" hockey, pre-game, build-up piece at Lake Whitt for music background (I forget its name). You guys could do a "squeaky Murray" segment. :-)

With my tendency towards "sermons" on here, I think my Friday closing segment would be a better fit for "Mad Murray" :mad: (the low-pitched Felger bit) ... and if we can convince BS35+2 to do a regular spot?!? :D Throw in under-development bits involving my ongoing Coach Bazin man crush, our *esteemed rivals* from Orono and the Chestnut Hillbillies/Bandwagon Nation, and yeah - I'm up for it. :) Goosebumps. :) :) WIS rides again!! :p

Chuck Murray
05-30-2015, 08:20 AM
... and he's the guy with the turtleneck tendency behind the UNH bench. :D

Chuck Murray
05-30-2015, 08:22 AM

We SO have to do this. Made my day - some excellent early morning thinking, Felger! :eek:

HockeyRef
05-30-2015, 09:56 AM

Nick from the Heights can be your regular antagonist caller; HR can put you in place each day for your negativity.

Hahaha bring it...I'll even put on my pink hat while shaking my finger at those two...:D
Ps Felger really you flatter me; I've been called worse than a syncophant 😉