X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    If O'Connor were in a UNH jersey for the past 3 years, you guys would have been putting up Hobey campaigns for him. Basically, he is like BU's version of Mike Ayers, the only difference being one couldn't stop a beach ball in the 3rd period of the NCAA title game and the other caught the ball the threw it into his own net.
    Ayers beat BU five straight times in five different arenas, including the HE final and regional final in 2003. I think he shut them out in both of those games. I also remember Ayers as a first or second team all-american. I don't think O'Connor reached those heights. And come to think of it, I don't remember Matti what's his face reaching them either.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg A View Post
      Ayers beat BU five straight times in five different arenas, including the HE final and regional final in 2003. I think he shut them out in both of those games.
      Yes. 1-0 in HE final
      3-0 at Centrum

Comment

Ayers beat BU five straight times in five different arenas, including the HE final and regional final in 2003. I think he shut them out in both of those games. I also remember Ayers as a first or second team all-american. I don't think O'Connor reached those heights. And come to think of it, I don't remember Matti what's his face reaching them either.
        Cool story. And all 3 have no rings.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Cool story. And all 3 have no rings.
          Oh, so that is the point of your rant, that Ayers has no rings? You should make yourself more clear when you post, since your first point implied that Ayers was a crap goalie, no better than O'Connor. It has been pointed out that he shutout BU in two consecutive championship games, was an all-american and, despite being a bum in your eyes, is now coaching the goalies at BC. Just want to make sure we get our facts straight.

Comment

Oh, so that is the point of your rant, that Ayers has no rings? You should get a life
            fyp

Comment

No the point originally was that it is foolish to say Quinn "missed an important piece of the puzzle" with goaltender recruiting by your very own Chuck Murray and if O'Connor had been in a UNH jersey he would be a god there just like Touchdown Mikey. I'm sorry you are too dumb to figure that out.

Junior seasons:
              Mike Ayers .926%, 2.18 GAA, HE title, crapped pants in 3rd period of national title game.
              Matt O'Connor .927%, 2.18 GAA, HE title, crapped pants in 3rd period of national title game.

Christ, these two could be twins separated at birth, but clearly they aren't because of some arbitrary voting process for All-Americans goes to show the huge difference between these two.

You're welcome.

Go enjoy your hillbilly logic in peace.
              Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 04-14-2015, 02:21 PM.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I'm sorry you are too dumb to figure that out. Go enjoy your hillbilly logic in peace.
                He is probably too smart to even respond to you, but I'll take the bait. Because, after all, it's only a minute or so of typing. I don't understand people that have to denigrate others to make themselves feel good (or is "better" the more appropriate word?). If this is how you get your rocks off, it's pretty sad...

P.S. I know I can't change the world, but it makes me feel better at least...
                Last edited by chickod; 04-14-2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

It must be the off season all the trolls are out today

Hope everyone has a nice day

Comment

@MarkDivver: Leaman thanks admission dept.: 'We had to use a crowbar a few times.'
                    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

No the point originally was that it is foolish to say Quinn "missed an important piece of the puzzle" with goaltender recruiting by your very own Chuck Murray and if O'Connor had been in a UNH jersey he would be a god there just like Touchdown Mikey. I'm sorry you are too dumb to figure that out.

Junior seasons:
                      Mike Ayers .926%, 2.18 GAA, HE title, crapped pants in 3rd period of national title game.
                      Matt O'Connor .927%, 2.18 GAA, HE title, crapped pants in 3rd period of national title game.

Christ, these two could be twins separated at birth, but clearly they aren't because of some arbitrary voting process for All-Americans goes to show the huge difference between these two.

You're welcome.

difference being, Minnesota was the best team in the country, and head and shoulders above UNH, had it not been for Ayers and his 40 saves through 2 periods when it was 1-1, the game would have been long over. Providence was the last team in the tournament and an underdog. From memory, didn't Ayers only give up two goals in the third, and two ENGs? As brutal as that was, the better team won that game....

That is ancient history, I'm more concerned with the present and how long it will take UNH to get back to a team contending for even a league title...

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                        @MarkDivver: Leaman thanks admission dept.: 'We had to use a crowbar a few times.'
                        Sigh. Doubt that happens for us...we are an "educational institution first and foremost". (A phrase I've read on numerous occasions by the AD) Words to live by, and play by...
                        'Course, I have no clue what happens behind closed doors with the compliance office....
                        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                          It must be the off season all the trolls are out today

Hope everyone has a nice day
                          And how. Ugh.
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                            difference being, Minnesota was the best team in the country, and head and shoulders above UNH, had it not been for Ayers and his 40 saves through 2 periods when it was 1-1, the game would have been long over. Providence was the last team in the tournament and an underdog. From memory, didn't Ayers only give up two goals in the third, and two ENGs? As brutal as that was, the better team won that game....

That is ancient history, I'm more concerned with the present and how long it will take UNH to get back to a team contending for even a league title...
                            I agree, Nick the Troll's comparison would only make sense if Weber, the Gophs' equivalent to O'Connor, had choked and UNH pulled off the upset win for the NC. Ayers played great in that game, and so did UNH, holding off Thomas Vanek until his goal and assist in a couple of short minutes midway through the third. And, yes, the final two Goph goals by Tallackson were a PP and EN. Not having Lanny Gare really hurt, I think, as he and Ayers were the heart and soul of that team.

Comment

Junior seasons:

You're welcome.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk
                              UNH

Comment

That's a lot of verbiage to excuse what happened. I'll start off by saying that UNH lost the NCAA semifinals to Wisconsin in overtime on the face off play (by Mike Eaves btw) so whatever argument you were making there has not relevance. But to say that the ECAC "almost always" selected the runnerup is incorrect. They "always" selected the runnerup. The only time the runner up didn't go was Clarkson, I think in the late 60's but that was their choice not the ECAC's. I sat with a bunch of BU fans at JW Hills before the Friday regionals in Manchester. They brought up the issue of what they called "the min-game", not me. They went on about how BU deserved to go in 1978 because they were better than PC and proved it by winning it all. My rejoinder was to ask them about the 1974 UNH team, which entered the ECAC playoffs #1 in the country. Of course they had no memory of that team but I reminded them that it wound up losing in OT to RPI, mostly because their All-American goalie Cap Raeder was injured and barely played in the game. I don't recall the ECAC saying, well UNH is clearly better than this team or that team, let's have them play a play-in game. Well, that's different, they said. Sure was. One team was BU, the other was UNH. You know, I wasn't rooting against BU on Saturday night. I was glad that it was a HE final. But I wasn't sad when they lost either. Just a bit down because PC got their title before UNH, that's all.
                                http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974_...key_Tournament

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977_...nament#Bracket

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978_...key_Tournament

Those were the days, eh?
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X