PDA

View Full Version : UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

NCAA watcher
05-05-2015, 10:06 AM
interesting- masonius was just drafted in the ushl draft

FiveHole12
05-05-2015, 10:20 AM
We were fifth best in Hockey East, and 2% points better than the National Champions, besides beating them 3 out of 5 games, lest we forget. :-)
SOG is WAY MORE meaningful than that! ;) :D

Aerman
05-05-2015, 03:42 PM
Killing time at the dentist's office, when better to jump back into this mess ...

Last year, on one or more occasions, one or more of these seniors sat as healthy scratches. I have no reason not to suspect the same could happen next year, EXCEPT, somebody put letters on their sweaters. The odds are now much higher that they are going to play even when (perhaps) more talented guys are available. It's that simple, and I don't think this constitutes attacking anyone.

e.cat
05-05-2015, 04:40 PM
I've always been partial to "3rd & 4th line grunts" myself ... :D ;) :p

let the verbal bloodbath begin!

Don't forget about the "muckers" and "instigators"!!

Better to instigate than retaliate!! Right??

Snively65
05-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Edgy...love it! Thanks for the education on our PP! And for a time out PK was right up there as well...

Yeah, our PK really tailed off, ending with 7th in Hockey East.

Looking ahead to Chuck's review of his "over/under" projections last September; I know that we ended up just short of the magical 3.0 goals per game at 2.98, but we posted a 2.73 GA, so decent differential there, despite all of those one-goal losses the first half of the season.

C-H-C
05-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Joseph Masonius is still planning on coming to UNH in September, 2015.

NCAA watcher
05-05-2015, 05:35 PM
so, reading between the lines, there must be a different reason that may cause him to play in the USHL.

C-H-C
05-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Last spring, both the Ontario Hockey League and the United States Hockey League drafted Warren Foegele even though he had every intention on coming to UNH in Fall 2014.

HockeyRef
05-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Killing time at the dentist's office, when better to jump back into this mess ...

Last year, on one or more occasions, one or more of these seniors sat as healthy scratches. I have no reason not to suspect the same could happen next year, EXCEPT, somebody put letters on their sweaters. The odds are now much higher that they are going to play even when (perhaps) more talented guys are available. It's that simple, and I don't think this constitutes attacking anyone.

Hey good to see Ya! That is a very fair assessment and will be interesting to see how it all pans out. Here's hoping they have big breakout years...😉

Chuck Murray
05-05-2015, 07:59 PM

Precisely. Players with letters on their sweaters - especially the "C" - rarely if ever are healthy scratches.

Which is presumably why Coach Umile has to have the final check-off in this process.

For sake of comparison ... Max Gaudreault and Dan Correale (alternate captains) are hovering at around 90-100 games apiece over their first three years at UNH, while Collin MacDonald comes in at roughly half that figure, barely even getting out on the ice (once?) for UNH in their biggest games during his first three seasons. Of the leadership team, only Correale can lay claim to being a steady regular over his last two seasons, and routinely dressing in UNH's biggest games during his time in Durham. Which frankly is why I expected him to get the "C" for next season. After the 2015/2016 leadership team-in-waiting, there are also guys like Kyle Smith and Harry Quast who have each played in roughly 70 games during their time at UNH. Jamie Hill - a fellow classmate but a virtual redshirt as a frosh - has played 33 games in the last two seasons, which puts him on pace for roughly 50 games in 3 years. And I'm guessing no one on here or beyond is expecting him to get the nod as the 2016/2017 UNH Men's Hockey captain.

One of the BC posters previously put forth the case of Matt Price, captain of the 2009/2010 BC Eagles. Certainly a low profile selection on a stacked (but young) roster, Price had already played 106 games through the end of his junior year, and been part of a D-1 champion earlier in his career at The Heights. So the comparison intended to support MacDonald's selection really falls short of the mark, other than to reinforce the concept that your star(s) don't necessarily have to be the ones with the letters on their sweaters (I agree 100%).

Just a very curious leadership decision by UNH for next season, in so many ways.

Snively65
05-05-2015, 08:56 PM
My concern is some of the nine(?) incoming freshmen will not see much ice time, which would be a big step backwards after this past year, in my opinion.

Aerman
05-05-2015, 09:13 PM
Here's hoping they have big breakout years...😉

You and me both! :)

C-H-C
05-05-2015, 09:32 PM
So far, 5 forwards - Frankie Cefalu, Jason Kalinowski, Christopher Miller, Ara Nazarian, and Marcus Vela - and 1 defenseman - Joseph Masonius - have confirmed their plan to enroll in September, 2015.

4 forwards - Camper, Downing, Thrush, and Willows - and 2 defensemen - Pesce and Randall - have left the team.

My best guess is that Liam Blackburn will also enroll in the Fall of 2015 though this is yet to be confirmed. If he does, that would make 6 incoming forwards and 1 incoming defenseman.

I think that defenseman Nick Nonis may possibly come next fall but that may depend on how much Dylan Maller recovers from his foot issues. If this is the case, then the decision might not come until sometime this summer.

C-H-C
05-08-2015, 02:33 PM
"Liam Blackburn Plans Fall 2016 Arrival at UNH" (http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/liam-blackburn-plans-fall-2016-arrival.html)

Snively65
05-08-2015, 06:03 PM
"Liam Blackburn Plans Fall 2016 Arrival at UNH" (http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/liam-blackburn-plans-fall-2016-arrival.html)

Thanks, Mike. So, just 17 forwards competing for ice time.

Darius
05-10-2015, 09:00 AM

Last year, on one or more occasions, one or more of these seniors sat as healthy scratches. I have no reason not to suspect the same could happen next year, EXCEPT, somebody put letters on their sweaters. The odds are now much higher that they are going to play even when (perhaps) more talented guys are available. It's that simple, and I don't think this constitutes attacking anyone.As much a fact as one will ever read on a fan forum.

Correale played 39 games last season so you'd expect him to play a similar amount next season. McD. and Gaudreault have both had "Boy, if they could only do more of that" moments. I can't remember the specific McD. moment, but it was big strong not to be denied physical play in front of the offensive net. For Gaudreault an example was at UML last season. He scored a goal, was 9 - 17 on face offs, played with grit and determination as we were getting smoked.

If they can "hyper-Camper" the letters on their sweaters will work out. Says the guy who really wanted to see TK with at least an "A".

Chuck Murray
05-16-2015, 08:26 AM
Correale played 39 games last season so you'd expect him to play a similar amount next season. McD. and Gaudreault have both had "Boy, if they could only do more of that" moments. I can't remember the specific McD. moment, but it was big strong not to be denied physical play in front of the offensive net. For Gaudreault an example was at UML last season. He scored a goal, was 9 - 17 on face offs, played with grit and determination as we were getting smoked.

If they can "hyper-Camper" the letters on their sweaters will work out. Says the guy who really wanted to see TK with at least an "A".

Who are you, and what have you done to formerly disagreeable Darius? :confused: :eek: ;)

HockeyRef
05-20-2015, 11:32 AM
Did Ya hear?!? We r getting a video board this coming season!!!!

http://www.unhwildcats.com/releases/videoboard

Ned Braden
05-20-2015, 11:39 AM
Linky: http://www.unhwildcats.com/releases/videoboard

It's not even April 1!

Nifty16
05-20-2015, 11:39 AM
Woohoo.

http://www.unhwildcats.com/releases/videoboard