X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6148061

"The best game I saw played against US all season, out of conference, was by New Hampshire on New Year's Eve, here in Omaha. The 8th place team in Hockey East."
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
      http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6148061

"The best game I saw played against US all season, out of conference, was by New Hampshire on New Year's Eve, here in Omaha. The 8th place team in Hockey East."
      Well there you go... some validation of sorts and case in point. Go 'Cats!!! That was a great game for the 'Cats ; watched it as I waited for my Bruins to play (and eventually lose to the Leafs ��) at the TD on my phone. Made my weekend. On any given day...

For Snively65 your post reminds me of the Red Sox fans who were hoping to see the day their beloved Sox would win it all...after waiting 87 years it did happen. Then, 4 years later, again! (if I have my baseball right). I hope for all of you who have watched, believed, left and/or returned, and for those who just plain stay with the team year in and year out, still getting a thrill when the team skates out, that your patience is indeed rewarded with the NC. At the end of last year's banquet U2's "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" was played with the NCAA trophy in the background. Like to think that it will be the 'Cats turn, on any given day!
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-10-2015, 01:59 PM.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Well there you go... some validation of sorts and case in point. Go 'Cats!!! That was a great game for the 'Cats ; watched it as I waited for my Bruins to play (and eventually lose to the Leafs ��) at the TD on my phone. Made my weekend. On any given day...

For Snively65 your post reminds me of the Red Sox fans who were hoping to see the day their beloved Sox would win it all...after waiting 87 years it did happen. Then, 4 years later, again! (if I have my baseball right). I hope for all of you who have watched, believed, left and/or returned, and for those who just plain stay with the team year in and year out, still getting a thrill when the team skates out, that your patience is indeed rewarded with the NC. At the end of last year's banquet U2's "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" was played with the NCAA trophy in the background. Like to think that it will be the 'Cats turn, on any given day!
        Actually, 3 years later, again, and then 6 years later, again. :-)

But, yes, as I have posted at least twice before on past threads, when Vanek put that game out of reach in Buffalo, the Michigan State fan next to me said that my team would win a NC when the Red Sox win a WS, which the Sox did about 18 months later. Also, the statisticians were looking closely at the mortality rates of elderly males in the New England area for several months after October 2004.

Comment

So I saw my boss today and he handed me 2 loge seats for tomorrow's game. Working for a BU alum can have its perks.

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
            A footnote: I haven't experienced petty satisfaction knowing that UNH beat the three Frozen Four teams they played this season. I do think it is important that the UNH freshmen and sophomores now realize that being competitive against, and even beating, the very top teams is doable.
            Bingo. It's also nice to know that next year's juniors and sophs have a baseline history of some post-season success (if only at HE level), and have an expectation - not just a hope - of making it back to the Garden in March. That hadn't been the case for a few seasons in between there. Now they've gotta get back into the 16 team NCAA tourney field on a regular basis, which is a piece of institutional knowledge and experience that disappears entirely from the playing roster if they don't get back into that mix very soon.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              Bingo. It's also nice to know that next year's juniors and sophs have a baseline history of some post-season success (if only at HE level), and have an expectation - not just a hope - of making it back to the Garden in March. That hadn't been the case for a few seasons in between there. Now they've gotta get back into the 16 team NCAA tourney field on a regular basis, which is a piece of institutional knowledge and experience that disappears entirely from the playing roster if they don't get back into that mix very soon.
              Exactly; more support for us Pom Pom fans. :-)

Need more OOC wins against some good teams next fall; Clarkson, St Lawrence, Union, and Dartmouth ain't gonna cut it.
              Last edited by Snively65; 04-10-2015, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Exactly; more support for us Pom Pom fans. :-)

Need more OOC wins against some good teams next fall; Clarkson, St Lawrence, Union, and Dartmouth ain't gonna cut it.
                Have you seen the schedule? You are absolutely right...to earn the right to be in the top 16 that's what you have to do. Not to mention do better in your own league. Wish and hope UNH plays more HE games early on unlike this past season but maybe that doesn't matter?

In other news, Grayson D had a good night last night with 2 assists and MANY other opps to score himself. Here's one of the assists as he was featured in the Iowa Wild PP (it's not a good vid but you get it...haha!) Also in that game for OKC was Joey LaLeggia who had a lot of minutes. No checks to the head tho...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QSDYPtyumc

Also Nick Sorkin had a big night with the Hamilton BDogs as he scored 2 (and the GWG):

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/pres...rticle_id=1177

Nice to see our alums finding success!
                Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-11-2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

OK gang...big game today with 2 HE teams in the 'ship!! Anyone know the last time that happened? Could look it up, too lazy... Sooooo who are you 'rooting' for, and who do you think will win?

moi: Rooting for PC, think BU will win 3-2. Just a guess...

Comment

OK gang...big game today with 2 HE teams in the 'ship!! Anyone know the last time that happened? Could look it up, too lazy... Sooooo who are you 'rooting' for, and who do you think will win?

'99 when you guys faced Maine
                    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

@UNHRecruitsCHC: Former #UNHStar @StevieMoses22 will play for Team USA at the World Championships next month: http://t.co/D9rvcemZrC @PredsNHL @juniorbruins
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

DIDDO!

PC seems like a team of destiny though and obviously the underdog. Should be a good battle.
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                          '99 when you guys faced Maine
                          I had to ask...

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                            DIDDO!

PC seems like a team of destiny though and obviously the underdog. Should be a good battle.
                            And while officiating isn't everything thinking how much they allow them to hit etc. will / could make a diff...just an umpires opinion ha!

Comment

And while officiating isn't everything thinking how much they allow them to hit etc. will / could make a diff...just an umpires opinion ha!
                              Horrendous officiating certainly made a difference in the other FF; hope that bad officiating does not decide this one.

I have not seen a schedule for next season, just piecing together some OOC games mentioned in other threads. We usually have a few games against western teams, so hoping for the same again with the remaining six OOC games for this coming season.

Comment

Being from RI , Have seen tons of PC games over the last twenty years , never thought in a million years PC would get a National title before UNH ...

Comment

Working...
                                X