PDA

View Full Version : UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

e.cat
04-11-2015, 12:41 PM
OK gang...big game today with 2 HE teams in the 'ship!! Anyone know the last time that happened? Could look it up, too lazy...:p Sooooo who are you 'rooting' for, and who do you think will win?

moi: Rooting for PC, think BU will win 3-2. Just a guess...;)

DIDDO!

PC seems like a team of destiny though and obviously the underdog. Should be a good battle.

HockeyRef
04-11-2015, 01:12 PM
'99 when you guys faced Maine

I had to ask...:p:eek:

HockeyRef
04-11-2015, 01:14 PM
DIDDO!

PC seems like a team of destiny though and obviously the underdog. Should be a good battle.

And while officiating isn't everything ;) thinking how much they allow them to hit etc. will / could make a diff...just an umpires opinion ha!

Snively65
04-11-2015, 03:04 PM
And while officiating isn't everything ;) thinking how much they allow them to hit etc. will / could make a diff...just an umpires opinion ha!

Horrendous officiating certainly made a difference in the other FF; hope that bad officiating does not decide this one.

I have not seen a schedule for next season, just piecing together some OOC games mentioned in other threads. We usually have a few games against western teams, so hoping for the same again with the remaining six OOC games for this coming season.

unh1982
04-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Being from RI , Have seen tons of PC games over the last twenty years , never thought in a million years PC would get a National title before UNH ...

Scott
04-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Being from RI , Have seen tons of PC games over the last twenty years , never thought in a million years PC would get a National title before UNH ...

You could almost have said the same about Yale in 2013. :eek: Hey, I'm happy for the Friars...they just out-worked BU in the 3rd and deserved the win.

Snively65
04-11-2015, 09:43 PM

Just remember that we beat them three times this season. :-)

snively
04-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Umm wow. That was SO awesome! :D

Well I guess any time you have a Gillies in the net, you have a fighting chance eh?

HockeyRef
04-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Chuck called it way back when he said he didn't see BU winning it all...well played sir. But wow what a finish!

C-H-C
04-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Wishing Gillies, Jankowski, and Gilmour the best of luck in the NHL next season (fingers crossed).

Snively65
04-11-2015, 11:22 PM
Wishing Gillies, Jankowski, and Gilmour the best of luck in the NHL next season (fingers crossed).

Agreed; Jonas Hiller will be free agent after next season at Calgary, so would make sense for Gillies to get some games under his belt with the Flames this coming year.

Speaking of HEA goalies, Danny Tirone showed that he was as good if not better than nearly all of them this spring. And, that was with mostly inexperienced D-men in front of him. BUs goalie and D cost them the NC, and almost got them booted in the semis.

Earlier I posted that I hoped that the game would not be decided by bad officiating. But, almost as bad is having a game decided by a goalie flubbing a play; I feel badly for O'Connor, if not for BU.

Oh, I meant to post earlier that I am really happy for Stevie getting his million dollar contract; I never would have predicted that he would become a sniper after watching him fire shots so high and wide for four years at UNH. But, he sure could create space with his speed and stick handling, so I am glad that he was able to put it all together in Scandinavia.

chickod
04-12-2015, 12:59 AM
Chuck called it way back when he said he didn't see BU winning it all...well played sir. But wow what a finish!

Well, we came within 9 minutes...PC just badly outplayed us in the 3rd. I thought the inexperience that we said would catch up with us all year finally did. It was just shocking to see it happen after 40 games. Nothing you can say except congratulations to the Friars. I just hope Matt O'Connor does not let this define him. He is a great kid. He sat for 50 minutes after the game and answered question after question that was fired at him. The definition of class.

I guess because I'm "older" (let's leave it at that) that I have some perspective on life. The first thing I thought of was, "This is payback for the way we stole one in 2009." There IS symmetry in life..if you believe in that kind of stuff. But I'm happy that a Hockey East team won. Disappointed, but looking forward to the future.

skyraider0609
04-12-2015, 06:56 AM
Well, we came within 9 minutes...PC just badly outplayed us in the 3rd. I thought the inexperience that we said would catch up with us all year finally did. It was just shocking to see it happen after 40 games. Nothing you can say except congratulations to the Friars. I just hope Matt O'Connor does not let this define him. He is a great kid. He sat for 50 minutes after the game and answered question after question that was fired at him. The definition of class.

I guess because I'm "older" (let's leave it at that) that I have some perspective on life. The first thing I thought of was, "This is payback for the way we stole one in 2009." There IS symmetry in life..if you believe in that kind of stuff. But I'm happy that a Hockey East team won. Disappointed, but looking forward to the future.

Aside from the internet trolls who will relish Matt O'Connor's misplay last night, I think anyone who has any sense of empathy just feels terribly for him this morning. That moment shouldn't define him at all. I don't know him obviously, but I'm sure he's a great kid and I wish him all the best going forward. I'm sure the first thing Quinn said in the locker room after the game was that goal wasn't the losing goal either. I don't know if it's any consolation to him, but BU fell asleep on that face off that Tanev scored the gwg. The Terriers had a great run this year. You guys just came up a bit short. Life goes on.

This is the fourth year out of five that a team has won the NC for the first time. These Cinderella stories are great for the sport.

wildcatdc
04-12-2015, 07:09 AM
UNHer Dan Winnik basically put two nails in the B's coffin last night. Kinda glad he put us out of our misery.

e.cat
04-12-2015, 07:23 AM
UNHer Dan Winnik basically put two nails in the B's coffin last night. Kinda glad he put us out of our misery.

Good for Winnik. The B's got a lot of work to do in the offseason. Heads are going to roll!

chickod you are a good fan and a good sport! After the semi at the Garden I was surprised how many chances BU gave up in that game. I feel bad for O'Connor and this loss is not all on him. Agree with you about the symmetry in life. Just hope it gets balanced off for UNH!

HockeyRef
04-12-2015, 08:51 AM

Poetic justice! I did not know that...and like e.cat, at least it's a UNH alum! Bruins had a terrible season and would've been out of the playoffs in a flash anyway. Had way more fun following the 'Cats this year! October, while as a teacher who never wants to rush the summer (haha)...will be here in a flash also! Now trying to think who I'm rooting for in the NHL now that the B's are out...hmm....

HockeyRef
04-12-2015, 08:59 AM

Hey chickod sorry for the loss and agree you are a great fan! You are right; the thing that tends to plague a team throughout the season, often shows up when it matters the most. Really hope O'Connor can take away something positive for his season regardless of that mishandled puck. Every goalie out there feels his pain I am sure. What a testament to the kind of person he must be to be able to field those questions after what had to be the hardest moment in his career. He will be stronger for this; it's just part of the game once it's put into proper perspective. Thanks for coming over here and hanging out...CYA next year!!!

chickod
04-12-2015, 09:37 AM
Agree with you about the symmetry in life. Just hope it gets balanced off for UNH!

I would LOVE to see UNH win won...still think about Anaheim. I'll never forget when I was a student at BU my first time going to Snively. What a great atmosphere. You die-hard UNH fans deserve one (and as much as people get on Umile, he does too).

chickod
04-12-2015, 09:39 AM
Hey chickod sorry for the loss and agree you are a great fan! !

Thanks...sometimes I know I get a little carried away, but, after all, fan comes from the word "fanatic." I'm passionate about everything I do. When I watched the Providence fans celebrating last night I thought to myself, I remember the first time we won one. And the older I get the more I realize that if I don't let things go, they become destructive. Great talking with you guys, too!

HockeyRef
04-12-2015, 09:51 AM
I would LOVE to see UNH win won...still think about Anaheim. I'll never forget when I was a student at BU my first time going to Snively. What a great atmosphere. You die-hard UNH fans deserve one (and as much as people get on Umile, he does too).

If you've read this board (and I suspect you have) there are so many deserving teams, and fans, who feel the same way (UNH teams and fans, that is). PC proved once again that anyone with the right chemistry, the right actions, and a few lucky bounces, can win it all. It isn't going to be necessarily about how many Hobey Baker winners are on your team, or NHL draft picks. So much more than that. Here's hoping...on any given day...

ps..fanatic...I like the ring to that. Somehow, beats 'cheerleader' ;)