X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

From the article in TNH...

"Scarano doesn’t think Umile is fazed by not having a championship on his resume."

I'm glad this doesn't seem to bother Dickie.

Comment

Meaningless Dan Duquette question of the day: did anyone in college hockey have any more wins (5) vs. the Frozen Four Field than UNH this year?

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
        Meaningless Dan Duquette question of the day: did anyone in college hockey have any more wins (5) vs. the Frozen Four Field than UNH this year?
        nevermind, SCSU beat UNO 4x and UND 2x

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          It is a coincidence, at least this season. One team has the probable Hoby winner, the other a great goalie. Our team and coach beat both of these teams and coaches late in the season.
          UNH didn't beat BU when it really mattered. Umile is not capable of teaching these players how to win the big game because he has never been there.
          This is not a coincidence; these two teams are going in the right direction. UNH is stagnant at best.
          "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
          Larry David

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
            This is not a coincidence; these two teams are going in the right direction. UNH is stagnant at best.
            I tend to agree on the "coincidence" angle. However, it is futile to try and convince the apologists. As Watcher indicates, this is the way it will be for the next 5 years .... and has been for the ten or twelve years. Speaking of "coincidences" - although I can't completely agree with O. Tezuka when he said, "Coincidence doesn't happen a third time" it does get my attention.
            Last edited by sonar; 03-30-2015, 01:33 PM.

Comment

"UNH Defeated Three Final Four Teams This Season"
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Isn't that just great ..... they also call the regular season trophy the Umile Cup .......

Comment

• Originally posted by sonar View Post
                  Isn't that just great ..... they also call the regular season trophy the Umile Cup .......
                  Heaven forbid someone posts something positive.

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
                    UNH didn't beat BU when it really mattered. Umile is not capable of teaching these players how to win the big game because he has never been there.
                    Um...correct me if I'm wrong, but has Nate Leaman won the "big game"? Has David Quinn? To be honest I don't know these coaches pedigrees. I do think Coach U has been in some big games, where he has won and lost (with the exception of the NC) a few...Who doesn't want to be involved in the FF excitement? It's hard this time of year, to see teams that we competed with (and won) go forward. Wasn't going to happen this year not with all that went down but they did much better than anyone here thought they would...

Truth be told the goalie situation at the beginning of the year took a bigger toll than anyone wanted to let on, IMHO. They overcame that, put together a great push at the end. (please, I don't care 'who they played' for that win streak so save it. If BU had an 8 game win streak no one would bring up who they played.) Heard the team is feeling down right now, watching other teams go forward, but they are hopeful for the future. That New Hampshire article had great stuff from Ty Kelleher; he is a positive young man and I hope he gets the C!

I asked Chanter and McNicholas about how they felt about next year at the Merrimack RS games and they said they "could not wait" to "get their shot" at it. Hope they are hungry, all of them. That is part of it, really, really wanting it. And having a lights out GK like a Jon Gillies does help. That is something I do believe, we could have, in DT. Really excited to see the McIntyre/O'Connor battle at the semi final game...gonna be classic!

I'd like to think we are moving in the right direction, although replacing Pesce concerns me. But then so did replacing TvR. As far as beating BU when it mattered? I guess that's a fair point. Guess I would have to say BU is a better team than UNH, plain and simple, but they gave them a game and every BU fan knows that UNH played them **** tough at the HE semi. That's the reality of it. Still say they had a great season. And yes, as a fan I do want more from them. None of us thought we'd move past PC and we did. Got to the Garden. Not much more you could ask for from this team they gave it all they had. Looking forward to renewing my season tix for next year!
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
                      This also could be a big final four, as UNH almost had one of the Hobey finalists, Laleggia.

So many "three degrees from actual success"
                      The Souza record:
                      15-16 10th place
                      16-17 10th place
                      17-18 11th place
                      18-19 8th place
                      19-20 9th place
                      20-21 10th place
                      21-22 9th place
                      22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                        Heaven forbid someone posts something positive.
                        Umm..the football team's home opener is September 26th???

Comment

• Originally posted by billb View Post
                          Umile is not capable of teaching these players how to win the big game because he has never been there.
                          This is b.s. and you should know better.

I am not saying Umile is the greatest ever or even should stay. But your logic is laughable.
                          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                            This also could be a big final four, as UNH almost had one of the Hobey finalists, Laleggia.

So many "three degrees from actual success"
                            This is a problem, he is/was a great college hockey player and missing on him and Vecchione were bone headed recruiting moves. Pro coaches and GMs get the ax for talent aquition gafs like these.
                            "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

• Originally posted by skyraider0609 View Post
                              Umm..the football team's home opener is September 26th???
                              And fortunately the hockey exhibition game is the very next weekend! Good times!! 😉

Comment

• Originally posted by JB View Post
                                This is a problem, he is/was a great college hockey player and missing on him and Vecchione were bone headed recruiting moves. Pro coaches and GMs get the ax for talent aquition gafs like these.
                                He's the kid from Denver who got ejected yesterday for that hit to the head?

Funny that as I was watching that game yesterday it came to mind the 2013 Reg in Manchester it was Denver player Nick Shore who took out Kevin G same foul....we played without him and Grayson D in the Final (concussion same game?) lost to UML 2-0 who incidentally has had our number ever since...Actually that's not so funny 😔

Ps Nick Shore is enjoying a pro career with the Kings and scored his first pro goal a couple of games ago...

Comment

Working...
                                X