PDA

View Full Version : UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Darius
03-22-2015, 12:17 PM
I (((think))) single game tickets will be sold eventually, may depend on how the packages are selling.

Darius
03-22-2015, 12:18 PM
It would be very cool seeing lots of UNH colors in the stands.

Rover
03-22-2015, 12:25 PM
As I said earlier,,it's great to have Wildcat Nation's blood moving again! Like Chuck alluded too, I also hope that Umi and Coach Witt will get some support from Administration....I love Seano to death but UNH is a hockey school, not a football school! At best, it can be both but that takes equal commitment!!
While the "Nation" is active here on the thread, consider supporting both hockey programs next year, eh....accept the women's game for itself, not the men's game and you'll grow to enjoy it....that way you'll have double the fun during the seasons.....cheers!

The only support Umile should get from the Administration is filling out his retirement papers.

HockeyRef
03-22-2015, 02:44 PM
It would be very cool seeing lots of UNH colors in the stands.

Thinking of going for sure on Saturday...and yes you can buy single tix but today you have to have an "offer code" from Sticketmaster...do not have one of those so will have to purchase with the rest of the world Monday. That is, if I'm going...

zoofer
03-22-2015, 03:06 PM
Thanks Rover.....I know it's ur opinion and do respect it but I went back 5 pages and didn't see any other post from you, so I'm glad you could finally find a subject that motivated you....
I'm not usually the snarky type but given that Umi had 10 freshman, a preseason incident just before "camp" losing his #1 goalie, a new coach added to the routine.....nothing about this year said how we ended it, so with respect, I think you might look at the facts and not let emotions rule the day! :o)

chickod
03-22-2015, 03:09 PM
I (((think))) single game tickets will be sold eventually, may depend on how the packages are selling.

What do you mean "eventually?" I'm not even bothering to buy a package...just walking in. There won't be 6,000 people there so why should I buy anything in advance? If we lose Friday I'm not paying for Saturday.

ClOuD 9
03-22-2015, 04:50 PM
While the "Nation" is active here on the thread, consider supporting both hockey programs next year, eh....accept the women's game for itself, not the men's game and you'll grow to enjoy it....that way you'll have double the fun during the seasons.....cheers!
I was a long time follower of the women's hockey team (saw every HE tournament title, flew to Minnesota for both FF appearances), if they gave me a reason to go back I would.

Snively65
03-22-2015, 04:55 PM
Yeah I know...but it would be more fun if they were! Am considering it but can't make the first one on Friday and wonder if you can buy a single game tix for Saturday.. Normally you have to buy a two day pass as I recall back in 2013 my inaugural season as a fan!

I go to the Garden when we make Hockey East, and pay $11.50 for a beer, but no beer at NCAAs, so I watch those games on TV where there is beer, and cheaper than $11.50. I might buy a ticket for all or part of the FF, given it is in the Garden. I watched a pretty exciting FF final between DU and UMO the last time the FF was in the Garden.

Felger
03-22-2015, 07:01 PM
And Justin Agosta's father thought the drive to Durham was tough on a Friday....

Darius
03-22-2015, 07:14 PM
What do you mean "eventually?" I'm not even bothering to buy a package...just walking in. There won't be 6,000 people there so why should I buy anything in advance? If we lose Friday I'm not paying for Saturday.Wear your UNH cap and jacket, a lanyard dangling a piece of laminated plastic and sit where you'd like.

HockeyRef
03-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Friend of mine has an extra Regional Tix so guess I'll take advantage of that and go. Kind of wish QU was playing (that UNH connection) in Manchester. Question noticed at the Garden when a team would score there was no goal horn...is that a HE rule for a neutral site or do they want to keep the celly' down to a min to move the game along? Just curious....

Darius
03-22-2015, 07:56 PM
Q's coach is a Bedford, NH guy. Would have been nice for his family and friends.

HockeyRef
03-22-2015, 08:08 PM
Q's coach is a Bedford, NH guy. Would have been nice for his family and friends.

Rand Pecknold's sister lives in my town..maybe one day, he'll come 'home' if ya catch my drift...;) He's done a stellar job with that program. I'm pulling for them (and, my 'other team' although, there was a little love lost in the qtrs...ha!)

Snively65
03-22-2015, 09:03 PM
Friend of mine has an extra Regional Tix so guess I'll take advantage of that and go. Kind of wish QU was playing (that UNH connection) in Manchester. Question noticed at the Garden when a team would score there was no goal horn...is that a HE rule for a neutral site or do they want to keep the celly' down to a min to move the game along? Just curious....

Kinda a sore spot, as a few years ago when Merrimack knocked us out of the Hockey East tourney at the Garden, someone at Mac knew someone at the Garden that allowed them to blare the Chicago Black Hawks goal song whenever their team scored. How humiliating!

Darius
03-22-2015, 09:37 PM
Rand Pecknold's sister lives in my town..maybe one day, he'll come 'home' if ya catch my drift...;) He's done a stellar job with that program. I'm pulling for them (and, my 'other team' although, there was a little love lost in the qtrs...ha!)Not sure he's the guy. He'd have to make do with a lot less based on what I've heard about their video screens.

ClOuD 9
03-22-2015, 09:49 PM
Kinda a sore spot, as a few years ago when Merrimack knocked us out of the Hockey East tourney at the Garden, someone at Mac knew someone at the Garden that allowed them to blare the Chicago Black Hawks goal song whenever their team scored. How humiliating!
Not as humiliating as having 13,000 at the Garden one week and only a few hundred at the Verizon Wireless for the NCAA's the next. How quickly the wheels fell off the Merrimack bandwagon that year...

HockeyRef
03-23-2015, 05:39 AM

UGH...and people who know me best know how much I HATE that goal song...double UGH.

chickod
03-23-2015, 07:51 AM
Question noticed at the Garden when a team would score there was no goal horn...is that a HE rule for a neutral site or do they want to keep the celly' down to a min to move the game along? Just curious....

I HATE that goal horn...where did that start anyway? Chicago Stadium? I remember in the 70s the Slapshot movie had a goal "buzzer." I remember thinking, this is made up for Hollywood...I had never heard any "buzzer." It was a red light and a whistle, period. But they have to embellish everything. So then the "horn" evolved from that. Yuck! The constant non-stop "noise" at these arenas is so annoying It's like there is zero attention span so they have to "entertain" you every second. At Hockey East last weekend the girl in front of me never even looked at the ice ONCE...she was on her phone on Facebook all night. (and that's probably the reason I made the comment about the "dead" atmosphere...how can anyone get excited when nobody is actually watching the game?) That's the end of my rant...

<b>EDIT</b>: I hope Scarlet doesn't see this because I'm sure I'll get chastised again for "complaining." Opinions are not welcome...

Darius
03-23-2015, 09:41 AM
http://www.uscho.com/hockey-east-blog/2015/03/22/reflections-from-the-hockey-east-championship-weekend-and-ncaa-selection-process/#ixzz3VDgtnKzV

New Hampshire finished the season at the level of an NCAA tournament team. Yes, the Wildcats dug themselves a deep hole in the first half of the season, but over the second half they proved themselves to be on par with teams getting the invite to the big dance. In that time, UNH counted five wins against NCAA tournament-bound teams, including a quarterfinal series win over Providence.
And although the Wildcats fell to eventual champion BU on Friday, they acquited themselves very well indeed.

Darius
03-23-2015, 09:43 AM
NCAA Single Session Tickets Now Available:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/8748/852398/?brand=verizonarena&camefrom=CFC_VWA_EBLAST2&camefrom=EMCL_572020_25235179