PDA

View Full Version : St. Lawrence Skating Saints Lake Placid Edition

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Got 6, Want More
03-22-2015, 08:05 PM
I'll say it again, Yale got in because they beat Harvard four times.

Yes, but you lost to the twice as well. We went 2-0 against them and 11-0-1 against the Ivy League. It doesn't make sense to me. BUT, you don't have to defend the process to me. It is what it is, and I hope you guys have great success. It is kind of unfortunate that in some ways it comes down to luck with regard to how the NC games schedules sometimes years ahead determines your fate. If Ferris State finished the season ranked where they were at the start, who knows where we end up. Two 1 goal losses to Vermont and a blown 3 goal lead at Northeastern was probably our undoing!

Saints#1
03-22-2015, 10:34 PM
Seriously? Get over yourself!!!!!

You don't want to hear my opinions then put me on ignore. You want to make yourself look like a hypocrite, I'll go find the post where you were saying how awesome it is you only have a 45 minute drive from Plattsburgh! I am not on here trying to please you. Too bad if you don't like my opinion that presenting ROTY in the ice before the game when every other league has a banquet! How did guys like Cole Bardreau and Rob O'Gara get their awards?? Will call in the Albany league office? How many of you guys carping in me have been to the championship when it was in Boston? Or to another league championship like the old WCHA or HEA? I have, and we have some serious work to do to improve ours. As Carvy said, we get the kids who don't need the limelight. Well, considering our semifinal games were supposed to be televised and apparently weren't as people were watching the on streaming video, and the place was probably a third empty, that's not very good! As for the town, I didn't find it to be as good as Albany.

How many of you bought your tickets and went last year when SLU wasn't in it,?? I saw a few RPI fans, one Clarkson fan, and none from most other schools! If it's such an awesome environment why wouldn't you go?

Brandon as for the consolation game, two of the last three times it mattered. If the top 4 seeds go, it's the last chance to boost your PWR to get into the tourney! Why wouldn't you play a consolation???

Go ahead, defend the Mickey Mouse league management. That's the way to show your support for a program that was on the cusp of an at large bid. Next why don't some of you guys tell us how awesome the officiating was that Colgate deserved no more than 2 minors in that game (one of which gave us a crucial goal) and all the icing wave offs were great calls!! It sure is entertaining. Also, it'd be great to hear how Yale deserves an at large over us when we beat them twice, have a better league record, had a win over Miami that is more valuable than their win over Vermont?

Maybe I'll just discontinue my support of Saints Hockey and guys that ended up at SLU because of me like Joe Day, Casey Parenteau and Travis Vermuelen can end up somewhere else! If I take much more of your condescending bull**** about how I am creepy for not having opinion different than yours maybe I won't continue to support a program so a bunch of you can have a short commute to the championship game!

Take into consideration a few other things like I paid $250 a night for my hotel in LP. Last time I was in Albany is was less than half that. Yeah, who would want to make it more affordable and accessible?

Compared to being in Boston the league has fallen way off which is sad for a league that has some of the most storied programs and the last 2 NCAA champs. It's great you guys are all good with that!

Do you really not get it? Do you not understand that my comment got me nine ... NINE positive reps!!! People don't like you!!!!! You have been on here for years acting a condescending, name dropping, smart ***, has been who thinks his **** don't stink and everyone can't stand you, but yet here you still are doing the same thing year after year after year. I have witnessed others try to let you know nicely (and some not so nicely) how you are and how you appear to others on here and that still clearly didn't work. I thought maybe, just maybe hearing it from a fellow Saints fan might make you get the picture, but judging by the fact that you clearly fell off the cliff with the reaction to my post it goes to show that you didn't get it! Show some of us on here a little bit of respect for the fact that we actually understand the need to treat people the right way, especially those that you don't know. Having enough common sense to know that criticizing each and everything you encounter will not get you any respect. The sooner you learn that the better! Now if you don't mind I'm going to continue to be positive about my team, the league they play for, Lake Placid, the opposing teams and their respective fan bases. You can continue to be a whine *** as long as you like, but just know that my above stated reasons are why the vast majority of us can't stand you on here. Was that clear enough for you? Oh and btw, I went the ECAC championship weekend last year in Lake Placid without the Saints in it ... Have a nice day! :)

Got 6, Want More
03-22-2015, 11:08 PM
Do you really not get it? Do you not understand that my comment got me nine ... NINE positive reps!!! People don't like you!!!!! You have been on here for years acting a condescending, name dropping, smart ***, has been who thinks his **** don't stink and everyone can't stand you, but yet here you still are doing the same thing year after year after year. I have witnessed others try to let you know nicely (and some not so nicely) how you are and how you appear to others on here and that still clearly didn't work. I thought maybe, just maybe hearing it from a fellow Saints fan might make you get the picture, but judging by the fact that you clearly fell off the cliff with the reaction to my post it goes to show that you didn't get it! Show some of us on here a little bit of respect for the fact that we actually understand the need to treat people the right way, especially those that you don't know. Having enough common sense to know that criticizing each and everything you encounter will not get you any respect. The sooner you learn that the better! Now if you don't mind I'm going to continue to be positive about my team, the league they play for, Lake Placid, the opposing teams and their respective fan bases. You can continue to be a whine *** as long as you like, but just know that my above stated reasons are why the vast majority of us can't stand you on here. Was that clear enough for you? Oh and btw, I went the ECAC championship weekend last year in Lake Placid without the Saints in it ... Have a nice day! :)

Wow. So here's the thing. **** you and the horse you road in on. Do you think I give two plops what you think. My life is shattered that I don't have the endorsement of a bunch of people from poverty stricken, over-taxed northern, NY. I haven't got nine but I've gotten several positive reps for my viewpoint as well. USCHO, a popularity contest. That's funny! Don't waste your time with your platitudes and condescension! I have never seen you add anything of value and I doubt you'll start anytime soon!

Kdaddy1968
03-22-2015, 11:33 PM
Yes, but you lost to the twice as well. We went 2-0 against them and 11-0-1 against the Ivy League. It doesn't make sense to me. BUT, you don't have to defend the process to me. It is what it is, and I hope you guys have great success. It is kind of unfortunate that in some ways it comes down to luck with regard to how the NC games schedules sometimes years ahead determines your fate. If Ferris State finished the season ranked where they were at the start, who knows where we end up. Two 1 goal losses to Vermont and a blown 3 goal lead at Northeastern was probably our undoing!

I would agree that the 2 UVM losses did you in.

Saints#1
03-23-2015, 07:35 AM
I would agree that the 2 UVM losses did you in.

Agreed! Once UVM started their season off hot and this matchup was looming, I had a feeling it would either be a make or break in terms of pairwise. Even if we had won one game, we would have been in a much better position than we finished. Of course the two losses to end the season to Union and RPI weren't so great either. Although I don't think flipping those two games to wins would have us in or not. Anyone know the answer to that one?

saintsdad
03-23-2015, 08:09 AM
Wow. So here's the thing. **** you and the horse you road in on. Do you think I give two plops what you think. My life is shattered that I don't have the endorsement of a bunch of people from poverty stricken, over-taxed northern, NY. I haven't got nine but I've gotten several positive reps for my viewpoint as well. USCHO, a popularity contest. That's funny! Don't waste your time with your platitudes and condescension! I have never seen you add anything of value and I doubt you'll start anytime soon!This is exactly the catch-phrase St. Lawrence needs to attract the next generation of high quality students and hockey players, "Come to St. Lawrence University. Located in poverty stricken, over-taxed northern NY!" Thank you.

sshablak
03-23-2015, 10:06 AM
I just wanted to say Congrats on a great season that I don't think anyone expected. Next year will be great also !

ChazGKfan
03-23-2015, 10:09 AM
Yes, but see therein lies the problem, you are entitled to your opinion yes, but you don't have a clue when to stop. You're now on here carrying on with fans of your own favorite team who you are supposed to have comradery with. It makes you look awful! As for your opinions on Lake Placid, well that's just fine. It's obvious you have some personal and honestly borderline creepy (i.e. as you mentioned since 1988) vendetta against the place. Get over it! Your opinion, while is allowed to be stated of course, isn't one that anyone should even acknowledge because of the source stating it. You're already on three or four threads just recently arguing with fans from almost every team. At one point in these threads I have heard you mention over half the teams in the league and why you dislike/hate/don't respect them. It just makes you look like someone who is a constant whiner and complainer and it certainly doesn't make you appear to be anyone who should be taken seriously ... Rant over!!!

WOW! I have never seen two grand slams back to back but you managed to pull it off!!! I haven't been on this site in a couple of years so let me start by saying congrats to this year's Saints team. A great season for you indeed! Classy coach leading a classy program! Unfortunately there is a dark cloud hanging over what is considered one of the best run programs in the nation and it all too often rears it's ugly head here on these forum topics that include the Skating Saints. I don't need to name anybody by name as you all know what(and who) I'm referring to! Like a broken record the rhetoric from this individual just keeps being repeated. After two or three years of absence from this site I come back and see nothing new here from this person. Same old, same old!!! A shame really. All you Saints fans deserve better! Keep your heads held high as you have a very bright future ahead!!!

Spaceman
03-23-2015, 10:20 AM
I see Kimball Union defenseman, Ben Finkelstein, announced on Twitter yesterday that he is committing to SLU! Looks like another great get by Coach Carvel and his coaching staff. These guys just keep up the work even during ECAC Championship weekend!

https://twitter.com/BennyFink/status/579726274966491136

Ivan Lennon
03-23-2015, 11:45 AM
WOW! I have never seen two grand slams back to back but you managed to pull it off!!! I haven't been on this site in a couple of years so let me start by saying congrats to this year's Saints team. A great season for you indeed! Classy coach leading a classy program! Unfortunately there is a dark cloud hanging over what is considered one of the best run programs in the nation and it all too often rears it's ugly head here on these forum topics that include the Skating Saints. I don't need to name anybody by name as you all know what(and who) I'm referring to! Like a broken record the rhetoric from this individual just keeps being repeated. After two or three years of absence from this site I come back and see nothing new here from this person. Same old, same old!!! A shame really. All you Saints fans deserve better! Keep your heads held high as you have a very bright future ahead!!!

I hesitate to get drawn in as last time as I was seemingly regaled as a communist (as an emigre with a patently obvious Irish surname) and a geezer (returning to Canton for his 50th)
We certainly have the right to our opinions but civility demands that we not be sniping at each other
To resort to ad hominem attacks and foul language is only indicative of an uneducated mind - albeit one allegedly accepted at an Ivy institution(s)

Looking forward to another classy on ice program in 2015-2016
Not to mention other classy programs - most notably Bob Durocher's amazing record

Tis "only a game"

Kepler
03-23-2015, 12:34 PM
as for the consolation game, two of the last three times it mattered. If the top 4 seeds go, it's the last chance to boost your PWR to get into the tourney! Why wouldn't you play a consolation???

I actually know the answer to this one: because all the coaches hate it. I didn't like them dropping the consy since if I'm making the trip I want to be assured my team will play twice. But the coaches nixed it, preferring not to have to deal with their kids either settling scores or zoning out and getting hurt.

bothman
03-23-2015, 12:47 PM
The SLU thread is always one of the best, if not the best thread on here. Why? Because people understand the game and there is a real camaraderie. The posters have great connection to the program and some great insights come out of that.

We had some real battles in the 80s (Harvard fan here), but outside of Harvard, SLU is the program I most admire and always root for. It's a program that is run with real class and the farthest thing from a bunch of mercenaries which is how I've come to characterize several of the other Eastern (BU) and Western (North Dakota) traditional powerhouses.

Enough with the vitrol. Too many great posters here (including Got6, Saints#1, TimU and countless others).

Kepler
03-23-2015, 12:52 PM
The SLU thread is always one of the best, if not the best thread on here. Why? Because people understand the game and there is a real camaraderie. The posters have great connection to the program and some great insights come out of that.

We had some real battles in the 80s (Harvard fan here), but outside of Harvard, SLU is the program I most admire and always root for. It's a program that is run with real class and the farthest thing from a bunch of mercenaries which is how I've come to characterize several of the other Eastern (BU) and Western (North Dakota) traditional powerhouses.

Enough with the vitrol. Too many great posters here (including Got6, Saints#1, TimU and countless others).

One of the reasons the SLU thread is so good is they have people who are completely insane. :-) Those of us who remember the hockey-l days probably don't remember anything ever written about a Princeton-Brown game, but we remember the DEFCON 1 flamewars between a pair of fans of those two teams. In the same way, SLU threads wouldn't be the same without Got 6's carefully researched investigative journalism of the Reptilian conspiracy of officiating in all Saints games.

Popcorn was made for this; just enjoy it.

saintsdad
03-23-2015, 03:49 PM
condescending, name dropping Score! And add "living in the past."
I appreciate your compliment Saints#1, and I do get it and appreciate that you get it too. Sometimes, I let it get to me, but most of the time I just shake my head in disbelief and wonderment. It's good to know I'm not the only one.

All I can say is look out next year, the Saints are going to march in in March and leave with a title.

saintsdad
03-23-2015, 04:08 PM
I hesitate to get drawn in as last time as I was seemingly regaled as a communist (as an emigre with a patently obvious Irish surname) and a geezer (returning to Canton for his 50th)
We certainly have the right to our opinions but civility demands that we not be sniping at each other
To resort to ad hominem attacks and foul language is only indicative of an uneducated mind - albeit one allegedly accepted at an Ivy institution(s)

Looking forward to another classy on ice program in 2015-2016
Not to mention other classy programs - most notably Bob Durocher's amazing record

Tis "only a game"
Obviously, you don't know the origin of your names or your parentage. Or, in your dotage, you've forgotten them. Fortunately we had a person who was accepted at several Ivy and other high quality institutions of higher education who was willing to help you relearn your personal history. How lucky are you? :rolleyes:
For what it's worth, the obscenity continues, but now is behind the scenes in comments given when taking reputation points, but I have the feeling you, and several others, know that.
And you are right--"tis 'only a game.'" Thank you for reminding us, you can now return to your nap. I am. :)

Saints17
03-24-2015, 12:18 AM
Ok so you guys have had your fun beating up on Got6. I have respect for ALL of the Saints fans and for those of you who weren't following the program in '87 and '88, I found an article which grants a glimpse about the program, the heart and the team. I lost someone from that team who still to this day, I consider the older brother I never had. So please keep in mind how passionate some of us are at times. Read and enjoy.......

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20080214/SPORTS03/817908980/-1/sports

saintsdad
03-24-2015, 07:39 AM
Thank you for the article. No one has written that passion is a problem, indeed it's understandable and the source of much of what's been written here. As Coach Hurlbut says, "Every once in a while, someone will remember the shot and bring it up to me...When I'm going through Lake Placid, I'll think of it. If a similar play develops, it kicks back in my memory." But, he continues, "I certainly don't dwell on it."

Nor does he do several other things that people find quite objectionable and offensive. And the respect you show seems to many of us to be missing from another fan. But we won't dwell on any of that either.

The story is bittersweet in many ways, and obviously and understandably more so for you than me. Again, thank you for the research and touching and poignant point of view.

Ivan Lennon
03-24-2015, 09:35 AM
Ok so you guys have had your fun beating up on Got6. I have respect for ALL of the Saints fans and for those of you who weren't following the program in '87 and '88, I found an article which grants a glimpse about the program, the heart and the team. I lost someone from that team who still to this day, I consider the older brother I never had. So please keep in mind how passionate some of us are at times. Read and enjoy.......

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20080214/SPORTS03/817908980/-1/sports

Ever the reasoned response in this and prior comments
Clearly the acorn has not fallen far from the tree of your brilliant father

My basic objection to comments on electronic media is that, unlike letters to the editor, one
can, safely hidden behind "nom de plumes", engage in vindictiveness, vulgarity and make
claims without any fear of consequence and/or bona fides being questioned.

For myself, however, that is a personal choice.

Spaceman
03-24-2015, 02:43 PM
SLU recruits with stats from 3/24/15:

Name
Born
Position
Team
Games
Goals
Assists

2015 Recruits

Mike Ederer
LW
Merritt - BCHL

RJ Gicewicz
D
Green Bay - USHL

Sam Kauppila
F
Green Bay - USHL

Michael Laidley
F
Aurora- OJHL

Jake Mclaughlin
D
Fargo - USHL

Jacob Pritchard
LW
Powell River - BCHL

2016 Recruits

Bailey Conger
C
Cushing Academy

Taggart Corriveau
RW
Westminster Prep

Henry Bowlby
F
Edina HS - MN

Ben Finkelstein
D
Kimball Union

Carson Gicewicz
W
Nichols School

Connor Sych
D
Battlefords - SJHL

Ryan Wischow
G
Michigan Warriors
2.74GAA
15-13-3
.918SV%

2017 Recruits

Jacob Nielson
F
Milwaukee Jr Admirals

Kaden Pickering
RW
Northwood

2018 Recruits

Marc McLaughlin
F
Cushing Academy

Saints#1
03-25-2015, 08:00 AM
SLU recruits with stats from 3/24/15:

Name
Born
Position
Team
Games
Goals
Assists

2015 Recruits

Mike Ederer
LW
Merritt - BCHL

RJ Gicewicz
D
Green Bay - USHL

Sam Kauppila
F
Green Bay - USHL

Michael Laidley
F
Aurora- OJHL

Jake Mclaughlin
D
Fargo - USHL

Jacob Pritchard
LW
Powell River - BCHL

2016 Recruits

Bailey Conger
C
Cushing Academy

Taggart Corriveau
RW
Westminster Prep

Henry Bowlby
F
Edina HS - MN

Ben Finkelstein
D
Kimball Union

Carson Gicewicz
W
Nichols School

Connor Sych
D
Battlefords - SJHL

Ryan Wischow
G
Michigan Warriors
2.74GAA
15-13-3
.918SV%

2017 Recruits

Jacob Nielson
F
Milwaukee Jr Admirals

Kaden Pickering
RW
Northwood

2018 Recruits

Marc McLaughlin
F
Cushing Academy

Just wanted to thank you Spaceman for all the hard work you do on here with the recruiting stats and such. It's nice to see the talent coming in the near future and it's definitely an exciting time to be a Saints fan that's for sure! :)