PDA

View Full Version : St. Lawrence Skating Saints Lake Placid Edition

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

Saints#1
10-17-2015, 01:24 PM
I'm sure it was just a chance for the freshman to get a little ice time against "live" competition. No need to keep Delia out there especially if it was gonna get chippy.

I thought the same thing once I saw the box score. Tonight's game should be a battle either way. If we tighten up on the defensive end and play the entire 60 minutes the way we did the first two periods last night then I think we will be in great shape at the end of the game.

Spaceman
10-17-2015, 02:48 PM
Here is the Watch ESPN link for tonight: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/#type/upcoming/sport/hockey/

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
10-17-2015, 11:29 PM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hockey-east/2015/10/17/9561847/merrimack-st-lawrence-recap-brett-seney-brian-christie-chris-leblanc-collin-delia

Recap of 3-1 loss at Merrimack

joecct
10-17-2015, 11:32 PM
3 goals high glove.

critsports
10-18-2015, 01:15 AM
3 goals high glove.

So.....what are you saying Joe????

Not our best effort tonight but the credit for that goes to Merrimack. They were picked to finish 11th of 12 teams in Hockey East. If that's the 11th place team by the end of the year, then that is going to be one hell of a tough league. Merrimack outworked us for a few long stretches of the game. They were big, played positional hockey very well and had a few players that could absolutely fly. On their second goal, that kid skated by almost every player on the ice to get behind the D and score. Merrimack had way the better of quality scoring chances. Our PP couldn't generate much of anything tonight and when we did get some open looks we shot the puck wide. Gonna have to regroup and come up with a better effort at home for two tough games next weekend.

SLUfan442
10-18-2015, 11:04 AM
3 goals high glove.

At this point in time, Hayton's Achilles heel is glove side high. Most of the goals that are scored on him seem to be there. I'm sure he'd like the first one back, maybe even the second too. He seems to keep his glove a little low for my liking. However, if it wasn't for him making some huge saves, it could easily have ended up 7 or 8 to 1 last night. The D for the second night in a row were horrendous and until they stop making PeeWee mistakes especially in their own zone, this team is not going to live up to their potential.

RedhawkBandMan
10-18-2015, 05:51 PM
Well, someone in the Miami thread posted that they "have a couple months worth of scrimmages now" until they play Bowling Green in November. Hmmmm, if that isn't bulletin board material for the boys for next weeks games I don't know what is! ;)

Merely an inside joke about the [fictitious] "Ohio Cup", Saints. ;) Otherwise, that comment would discount half of our schedule!

I wish we had a series in your barn a few years ago... I was in New York until mid-2014 and would have loved to make the trip up to Canton! Are there any TV/video stream options for these games?

Saints#1
10-18-2015, 06:27 PM
Merely an inside joke about the [fictitious] "Ohio Cup", Saints. ;) Otherwise, that comment would discount half of our schedule!

I wish we had a series in your barn a few years ago... I was in New York until mid-2014 and would have loved to make the trip up to Canton! Are there any TV/video stream options for these games?

I actually deleted the comment shortly after posting it because I went and checked your schedule and I realized it must have been some sort of joke or something that I had missed LOL! ;) So, it's all good.

Anywho, the SLU website has a free HD video feed for the games. It's actually pretty good quality and runs pretty smoothly. This is very handy for the few games I can't attend in person. :)

RedhawkBandMan
10-18-2015, 06:34 PM
I actually deleted the comment shortly after posting it because I went and checked your schedule and I realized it must have been some sort of joke or something that I had missed LOL! ;) So, it's all good.

Anywho, the SLU website has a free HD video feed for the games. It's actually pretty good quality and runs pretty smoothly. This is very handy for the few games I can't attend in person. :)

Great to hear! We have the luxury of NCHC.tv, which costs $80+/year, is consistently low-quality (for Miami home games, at least), and frequently has major technical issues.

Saints#1
10-19-2015, 12:06 PM
Great to hear! We have the luxury of NCHC.tv, which costs $80+/year, is consistently low-quality (for Miami home games, at least), and frequently has major technical issues.

I remember paying for one game last year when we played Miami early in the season. If I remember correctly the feed wasn't of the greatest quality. You should love our free HD feed, it's much better. Enjoy! :)

hockeyplayer1015
10-19-2015, 01:11 PM
I remember paying for one game last year when we played Miami early in the season. If I remember correctly the feed wasn't of the greatest quality. You should love our free HD feed, it's much better. Enjoy! :)

General disclaimer that there have been several complaints by visiting fans that our announcing crew may or may not be slightly biased at times. Viewer discretion is advised.*

*I do not necessarily agree with the sentiments shown towards them, but the video quality is quite nice for the low, low price of $FREE.99 .

joecct
10-20-2015, 09:12 AM
Happy birthday Brian.

The UNH band will be over later to serenade you.

FireKnight
10-20-2015, 02:15 PM
Happy birthday Brian.

Happy birthday Brian ... and no, the DJ that I have contracted for your birthday will not allow me to change the script to allow for the UNH band to serenade you. They can have cake though.

WarriorDJ
10-20-2015, 09:12 PM
So.....what are you saying Joe????

Not our best effort tonight but the credit for that goes to Merrimack. They were picked to finish 11th of 12 teams in Hockey East. If that's the 11th place team by the end of the year, then that is going to be one hell of a tough league. Merrimack outworked us for a few long stretches of the game. They were big, played positional hockey very well and had a few players that could absolutely fly. On their second goal, that kid skated by almost every player on the ice to get behind the D and score. Merrimack had way the better of quality scoring chances. Our PP couldn't generate much of anything tonight and when we did get some open looks we shot the puck wide. Gonna have to regroup and come up with a better effort at home for two tough games next weekend.

Merrimack typically plays better at home than on the road but this year they are probably faster than they've been in 3 years. Every year Hockey East seems to get more difficult and all of the coaches collectively are under pressure to keep up with the arms race. Being picked 11 out of 12 is largely due to having a down season two years ago (8 wins) and finishing near the bottom of the league last year. If they keep playing the way they played against Clarkson and St. Lawrence - no chance they finish 11th. St. Lawrence was a really good test for Merrimack: they gain the red line with speed, maintain possession and active their D well. Would not surprise me if SLU has another strong season this year...

Muskieman
10-20-2015, 10:30 PM
Happy birthday Brian.

If CCT's band comes too, I'll let them join in.

Muskieman
10-20-2015, 10:34 PM
Happy birthday Brian ... and no, the DJ that I have contracted for your birthday will not allow me to change the script to allow for the UNH band to serenade you. They can have cake though.

I'll be waiting for them so that they won't be allowed to bring in their instruments.

Muskieman
10-20-2015, 10:43 PM
General disclaimer that there have been several complaints by visiting fans that our announcing crew may or may not be slightly biased at times. Viewer discretion is advised.*

*I do not necessarily agree with the sentiments shown towards them, but the video quality is quite nice for the low, low price of $FREE.99 .

You will enjoy our announcers who do an outstanding job. Greg Lapinski is very good on the PBP calling and Wally Johnson who does the color work has been our fantastic SID for 41 or 42 years. As an FYI, our scoreboard, and hence the video, do not have instant replay. Here's the video link: http://www.saintsathletics.com/sports/2013/9/17/MHOCKEY_0917132022.aspx?path=mhockey

vicb
10-22-2015, 06:45 AM
Only 8 days left to get your picks in or change your picks. Remember, Oct 30, 7PM RPI Union Game is the cutoff for picks.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?113424-ECAC-Pick-The-Standings-Contest-2015-2016

Dutchman
10-22-2015, 06:23 PM
Good luck against Miami this weekend. We don't get many opportunities at defeating NCHC teams, especially those that most likely will be in the top 20. Wins against Miami will help the ECAC in the pairwise.

critsports
10-24-2015, 12:55 AM
Good luck against Miami this weekend. We don't get many opportunities at defeating NCHC teams, especially those that most likely will be in the top 20. Wins against Miami will help the ECAC in the pairwise.

Well a tough one for the Saints tonight. Boy was that a fast game.........under two hours and still that quick with all those penalties!!!! Not being there in person but watching on the Internet we have to rely on Wally and Greg and the quotes from the coach after the game to paint a better picture..........but it sure sounded like a lot of the penalties called were bogus.
I think we are going to have to put out an ABP or MIA bulletin for our offense. Last two games yielded only one goal. Then again.....a lot of credit has to go to Miami as they effectively closed off shooting lanes very quickly and I don't think we had but a few shots that were uncontested. The PP was particularly problematic. We just did not get open shots on goal.
I saw earlier in the day the the USCHO writer picked us to sweep the weekend. Myself I was hoping for a split. That's still possible but I have the feeling that Miami got the monkey off their backs and will come out flying Saturday night and we appear to have the pressure back on us to salvage a split. Hope the boys can pull one out on Saturday. Go Saints.