PDA

View Full Version : St. Lawrence Skating Saints Lake Placid Edition

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

elsid
10-14-2015, 02:58 PM
Right. That's the one we're talking about.

He started playing in the NAHL in 2011, at 19. You would think that if he had gone the major junior route, that would be listed on that site, but there is nothing. And at the same time, I don't know where someone (I don't know anything about the person that wrote that article) gets information that he's out of eligibility. I suspect that he didn't just pull that tidbit out of thin air. So I don't know what we've got. *shrug*

For full disclosure, I am an Adrian supporter, for those who don't know why I'm over here all of a sudden.

It will reveal itself soon enough.

Parks attended St. Louis University for three weeks as a full-time student prior to playing junior. He left, but his NCAA "clock" had started. He came to St. Lawrence with two years eligibility. SLU appealed for a third year and got that, but with Kyle Hayton here, Parksy elected to transfer. Since if he had to sit out a year his eligibility would have totally expired, he had to go DIII. Adrian got a good kid and a decent goalie out of it...for one season only.

Hammer
10-14-2015, 03:01 PM
THAT'S the piece we're all missing.

Thank you very much.

hockeyplayer1015
10-14-2015, 04:18 PM
Parks attended St. Louis University for three weeks as a full-time student prior to playing junior. He left, but his NCAA "clock" had started. He came to St. Lawrence with two years eligibility. SLU appealed for a third year and got that, but with Kyle Hayton here, Parksy elected to transfer. Since if he had to sit out a year his eligibility would have totally expired, he had to go DIII. Adrian got a good kid and a decent goalie out of it...for one season only.

Have we mentioned lately how great of an SID we have? That makes much more sense, and wouldn't have been easily found anywhere. Thanks, Wally!

Got 6, Want More
10-15-2015, 08:35 AM
Right. That's the one we're talking about.

He started playing in the NAHL in 2011, at 19. You would think that if he had gone the major junior route, that would be listed on that site, but there is nothing. And at the same time, I don't know where someone (I don't know anything about the person that wrote that article) gets information that he's out of eligibility. I suspect that he didn't just pull that tidbit out of thin air. So I don't know what we've got. *shrug*

For full disclosure, I am an Adrian supporter, for those who don't know why I'm over here all of a sudden.

It will reveal itself soon enough.

I was told the same thing by SLU's head coach, he was out of NCAA eligibility. I was as surprised as anyone to see Brey on Heisenberg. That is why they recruited Brey for this year when they have Wischow in the pipeline. It is definitely a fact. If there are different rules for D3, which I doubt, maybe that is the angle. It could be age based. It could be grade based. It could be that he had Jr tryouts and those aren't captured in HockeyDB. Bottomline is he had two years of eligibility from the NCAA Clearinghouse and that's what he did at SLU.

Don't know. I care only to the extent that I wish Parks well and once a saint always a saint, but the reason why he left is clear. What he is doing at Adrian is interesting, but we play UNH tomorrow!

Dutchman
10-15-2015, 01:42 PM
Merrimack was 5-0 against the ECAC last year. They were 9-4-1 at home. Please pound them into sand on Saterday. :)

Ivan Lennon
10-16-2015, 09:10 PM
WHEW!

3-2 in OT

I thought it was over heading into OT w/ UNH momentum

A GREAT victory which bodes well for the future

saintsdad
10-16-2015, 09:17 PM
I second that emotion Ivan. From nervous anticipation to the depths of despair to wheeeeeeewwwwww!

Saints#1
10-16-2015, 09:19 PM
WHEW!

3-2 in OT

Indeed, that was a great victory, especially considering the blown 2 goal lead in the 3rd period. Some teams might have collapsed from the pressure, in fact a few times the past few years we did in that exact same situation. This year, even though it is still early, this is a great sign of composure and maturity to hold them off and win it in overtime. I see Merrimack is up 7-1 over Clarkson late in the 3rd right now. Yikes, I hope they got all of their scoring out of their system before tomorrow night! :eek:

critsports
10-16-2015, 09:22 PM
WHEW!

3-2 in OT

Phew is right. I got home late and couldn't bear to listen to the OT on the Radio Feed. Makes me way too nervous. Hope Merrimack left all their scoring on the ice tonight. That result really surprises me.

BigSaint
10-16-2015, 09:24 PM
I listened to the feed and my scream blew the roof off the house when Horn banged it home. Great win in a tough barn. Congrats boys!

Saints#1
10-16-2015, 09:27 PM
Phew is right. I got home late and couldn't bear to listen to the OT on the Radio Feed. Makes me way too nervous. Hope Merrimack left all their scoring on the ice tonight. That result really surprises me.

I'm surprised by that score too, but maybe it is more of a sign of Clarkson's youth and inexperience. Who knows, only time will tell. Another thing I did notice tonight was that UNH appeared to be a surprisingly strong team. At least compared to what their season preview had been discussing. Either way, it's great to get that win despite the blown lead. There was a lot to be pleased with tonight and of course being early in the season a lot to still work on.

saintsdad
10-16-2015, 09:30 PM
To see them play so well for 2 1/2 periods, then lose the lead in 5 minutes to a PP and a SHG was disheartening and resurrected shades of games gone by. But you're right Saints#1, it was an early and successful test of team character, strength, and poise led by Mr. Horn!

joecct
10-16-2015, 09:42 PM
Merrimack was 5-0 against the ECAC last year. They were 9-4-1 at home. Please pound them into sand on Saterday. :)Well your neighbors to the East reverted to form tonight and absolutely stunk up Lawler with a 7-1 loss. The only good hope is that Merrimack exhausted their goal quota for the weekend.

Good luck tomorrow and uphold the honor of the North Country.

Saints#1
10-16-2015, 09:50 PM
Well your neighbors to the East reverted to form tonight and absolutely stunk up Lawler with a 7-1 loss. The only good hope is that Merrimack exhausted their goal quota for the weekend.

Thanks. You guys do the same and knocks off UNH ... ECAC pride! :)

SLUfan442
10-16-2015, 10:10 PM
WHEW!

3-2 in OT

I know it's very early in the season and a wins a win, but in my opinion this game looked just like a game from last season. A comedy of errors at the back, time and time again. Hayton saved our bacon again tonight big time. The save he had on the 3 on 1 in OT was as good as any NHL highlight clip your see. Many big chances we just handed to them including the two goals we gave up.
I wish instead of focusing on scoring all the time, the D focused on playing mistake free defense first and when they have that all figured out go play some offense.
I do agree with some of the other comments about not giving up
and coming back with a big win in OT. That showed a lot of character and maturity. We are going to have to be better tomorrow and especially next weekend though.
Love to see Clarkson get pounded like that when they looked like they were off to an great start. Love it !!!

critsports
10-16-2015, 10:10 PM
Well your neighbors to the East reverted to form tonight and absolutely stunk up Lawler with a 7-1 loss. The only good hope is that Merrimack exhausted their goal quota for the weekend.

Joe........looks like Perry had a rough night and that may have been the problem. Knights actually out shot Merrimack 31-27 and Perry was pulled in the third. Oddly Merrimack showed a goalie change with only 3 minutes left in the game so I'm guessing a possible injury to the Merrimack goalie???

hockeyplayer1015
10-17-2015, 12:32 AM
Very happy to wake up at work and see a Saints victory! Hope to do it again tomorrow night!

vicb
10-17-2015, 06:18 AM
Joe........looks like Perry had a rough night and that may have been the problem. Knights actually out shot Merrimack 31-27 and Perry was pulled in the third. Oddly Merrimack showed a goalie change with only 3 minutes left in the game so I'm guessing a possible injury to the Merrimack goalie???

While Perry was not great, the play of our Dmen stunk. Clarkson came out firing in the first and Merrimacks goalie was up to the task. 2nd and 3rd periods were comical. Good luck toknight to the Saints. I can only hope Clarkson does not embarass themselves again this evening.

Ivan Lennon
10-17-2015, 08:15 AM
Tonight's game via espn.go.com streaming at 7:30

Yuppie Scum
10-17-2015, 10:41 AM

I'm sure it was just a chance for the freshman to get a little ice time against "live" competition. No need to keep Delia out there especially if it was gonna get chippy.