PDA

View Full Version : St. Lawrence Skating Saints Lake Placid Edition

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16

Spaceman
08-13-2015, 07:47 AM
Here is a link to the the box score for the Saints 6-2 win. Highlights include 2 power play goals and 5 goal scorers. Goals by, Ward (2) Horn, Gluchowski, McMullen & Sullivan.

http://www.sihf.ch/de/results-stats/game/#/20166115000044

You can see some of the line combos in the box score as well.

hockeyplayer1015
08-26-2015, 03:39 PM
http://www.ecachockey.com/men/members/st._lawrence/20152608_SLU_Europe_Summary

saintsdad
08-26-2015, 06:08 PM
To those who haven't seen this yet, someone created a new forum for Saints fans. Looks pretty cool, might have to give it a try! :)
Where is the forum? Thanks!

hockeyplayer1015
08-31-2015, 10:39 AM
FWIW, our favorite ECAC reporter Brian Sullivan has stepped down from his spot covering the league. While we all have him his share of grief, I think most of us did appreciate his work covering the league the past handful(?) of years.

Hammer
08-31-2015, 08:47 PM
Former Saint defenseman Tony Maci has been hired as a Princeton Women's hockey assistant coach. He has previously been working at D-3 Adrian in the same role.

I got to know Tony a bit while he was here at Adrian. Great coach, and an even better guy. Great hire by Princeton.

hockeyplayer1015
09-04-2015, 03:00 PM
Rich Peverley will retire from hockey. However, he is slated to stay with the Dallas organization in a player development role.

hockeyplayer1015
09-04-2015, 03:03 PM
https://instagram.com/p/7N9IrOynop/

Kyle Hayton's glorious pads for this season.

joecct
09-04-2015, 03:54 PM
https://instagram.com/p/7N9IrOynop/

Kyle Hayton's glorious pads for this season.

Golden Arches would have been better (and an NCAA violation). :)

freego
09-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Not sure if this has been posted before or not but Sean Flanagan is now Director of Hockey Operations at UMass Lowell.

hockeyplayer1015
09-22-2015, 03:09 PM
Saints voted 2nd in coaches poll, 4th in media (league polls).

Carvey mentioned in the coaches conference call that Pritchard is expected to stand out coming in, and how he feels it's nice to feel more ownership with his own recruits filling the roster.

Spaceman
09-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Congrats to Carvey and the team for the high marks on the preseason polls. Now they have the tough job to work hard and make the magic happen!

Looking forward to the season starting soon and seeing the returning players stronger, faster and better. Also excited to see the new additions such as Pritchard and the other freshmen.

hockeyplayer1015
09-22-2015, 05:20 PM
Congrats to Carvey and the team for the high marks on the preseason polls. Now they have the tough job to work hard and make the magic happen!

Looking forward to the season starting soon and seeing the returning players stronger, faster and better. Also excited to see the new additions such as Pritchard and the other freshmen.

I'm excited as well. Our defense and goaltending should be in the top 1/3rd of the league. The question is how they handle now having a target on them, and if the offense can continue to contribute from everywhere. I anticipate special teams also being a strength both ways, although it may be difficult to keep up the PK rate.

Carvel also mentioned how SLU won't get away with doing things like they did last year. Quite curious to see how they adapt and change to try to stay above the competition.

Spaceman
09-23-2015, 08:31 AM
Even before the season begins, the Saints do have a few banged up players dealing with injuries.

Dahl has a broken ankle, Smolcynski‏ a hip pointer and Gicewicz a concussion.

Happy healing to these Saints.

critsports
09-23-2015, 07:44 PM
Even before the season begins, the Saints do have a few banged up players dealing with injuries.

Yikes.....ankle is not going to heal quickly and the concussion is something we never like to hear about.

Muskieman
09-26-2015, 11:13 PM

I wish all-3 guys a speedy recovery. Hope they are back practicing and in the lineup soon.

On another note, Christian Horn has recently been listed as a senior and not a junior on the SLU Roster. If that is the case eligibility-wise, Don Lucia at Minnesota didn't do Christian any favors and that coach is now on my very short list of college coaches that I dislike (note: only one of those coaches is in the ECAC - there's no surprise who that coach is). Could somebody who knows more than I do explain, if true, why Christian lost two years - and not one year - of eligibility due to his time at 'Minny?

On a personal note, I'll be having some minor surgery this week or next due to a foot injury of my own. My ability to make the trip to Penn State is now 50-50 at best and depends on whether I'm relatively mobile by 10/29.

If the Saints work as hard as they did last season, the sky will be the limit. 10/3 can't come soon enough.

hockeyplayer1015
09-28-2015, 01:30 PM
Ranked #19 to start the season. Right behind QU, right ahead of Colgate.

ECAC begins the year with 5 teams in the top 20. Obligatory "polls don't matter".

Muskieman
10-03-2015, 07:30 PM

Watching the Exhibition Game tonight/Sat. Smolcynski is playing and looks good. Initial impression of Pritchard is that he is really good.

Saints#1
10-03-2015, 07:39 PM
Watching the Exhibition Game tonight/Sat. Smolcynski is playing and looks good. Initial impression of Pritchard is that he is really good.

I am watching as well and I also agree Pritchard looks great! He was robbed of a glorious chance out in front by their goalie. However, it appears he will be getting his fair share as his career goes on. It's 1-0 Saints end of the 1st for those of you who can't listen in.

Saints#1
10-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Speaking of which, Pritchard just scored for the Saints! He also has an assist! 3-2 Saints late in the 2nd period now.

Muskieman
10-03-2015, 09:54 PM
Saints win 5-3. Woody with two goals, Pritchard with a goal and an assist, and Laidley with 2 assists. We only dressed 11 (out of 15) forwards for the game, with Dahl, Steinhauser, Sullivan, and Thompson not in the lineup. On defense, we dressed 7 (out of 9), with Bayreuther and Gicewicz not in the lineup. Hayton was in nets for the 1st and the 2nd, and Brey played in the 3rd. The bad news is that, per Greg and Wally, Marnell played in the first but got injured in the game. Based on Spaceman's recent post, I believe that Dahl and Gicewicz are injured.

The PP looked really sharp. I hope the guys who are hurt heal up real soon.