LSSU Lakers 2015 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSSU Lakers 2015 off-season thread

At least this got started a week later than last season.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Re: LSSU Lakers 2015 off-season thread

Next season starts the Whitten era and we shall see where that takes the Lakers.

Comment

At least we know the schedule will be better next season.

Congratulations to the men's basketball team for beating Ferris State tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
        Next season starts the Whitten era and we shall see where that takes the Lakers.
        Next season needs to start next week in the weight room.

Comment

Great win by the Laker basketball team tonight and much better fight by the hockey team. Hoping for a good off season, and these recruits and returning players, to adhere to this high tempo system we keep hearing about, and providing much better results. There is no where to go but up.
          Last edited by LakerBaker; 03-14-2015, 09:52 PM.

Comment

203 days to go until the start of the 2015-16 season. The first game should be Sunday, October 4 against the US-Under 18 team. I'm expecting a better team but will probably still finish under .500.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              203 days to go until the start of the 2015-16 season. The first game should be Sunday, October 4 against the US-Under 18 team. I'm expecting a better team but will probably still finish under .500.
              I can't wait. All LSSU needs is more goals, less PIMs, Better D, More Fans, A differents AD, Less Eddie Bishop, Rich Metro to take over as head coach, Jeff Jackson back, Francis Anzalone, Doug Weight, Mark Vermette, A larger Net on the visitors end, oh yeah better refs, Bill C to retire, Bill C to become the AD again, an act of God, devine intervention, the QD to give the other team food poisoning, powerplay goals, 7 hi end recruits, and less excuses.
              THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
              TNA
              TNA

Comment

I am glad this season is over. No more excuses on the laker hockey show, I am sick of hearing we are taking baby steps. Lets admit it Laker Hockey sucked this year.Lets hope they do a lot better job of recruting, I really do not know if Rich Metro knows what he is doing, They need to get some goal scorers in here right now. Looks like their goaltending and defense should be good next year.Hopefully team gets better next year and the veterans improve not decline.

Comment

Originally posted by newt-ski View Post
                  I am glad this season is over. No more excuses on the laker hockey show, I am sick of hearing we are taking baby steps. Lets admit it Laker Hockey sucked this year.Lets hope they do a lot better job of recruting, I really do not know if Rich Metro knows what he is doing, They need to get some goal scorers in here right now. Looks like their goaltending and defense should be good next year.Hopefully team gets better next year and the veterans improve not decline.
                  I think most of us knew it was going to be a tough season. Next season, we'll have Damon's (and Rich and Peter) first true recruiting class coming in, and by the season after that we'll be at the point where much of the team will be his recruits. It's always hard to known just how much production you're going to get from incoming recruits and how fast you're going to get it, but it sounds like we have some good players coming in. I think we can expect to see more speed coming in for sure.

Comment

One of our incoming recruits, Anthony Nellis, had a hat trick plus 2 assists for Pembroke tonight in a 7-4 CCHL playoff win over Brockville.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      One of our incoming recruits, Anthony Nellis, had a hat trick plus 2 assists for Pembroke tonight in a 7-4 CCHL playoff win over Brockville.

Nellis is looking like a superb player in juniors. I hope he continues that scoring touch when he gets here.
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by newt-ski View Post
                        The one constant this season has been the excuses, let's hope that improves, along with the results on the ice.

Comment

Anyone rooting for a certain team in the Final Five this weekend? I'm rooting for Ferris State. It would be nice to see four WCHA teams in the NCAA tournament with Ferris getting the auto-bid and then Tech, Mankato, and BGSU getting at large birds.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                            Anyone rooting for a certain team in the Final Five this weekend? I'm rooting for Ferris State. It would be nice to see four WCHA teams in the NCAA tournament with Ferris getting the auto-bid and then Tech, Mankato, and BGSU getting at large birds.
                            BG is still on the bubble if they lose Friday. If BG loses Friday, and there is 1 or 2 upsets in other conference tournaments, I don't think they will get in.

Comment

I would really like to see BG get into the big dance but my favorite is Tech, they are our father after all. Mankato is a beast of a team so I don't see them not taking it.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                              X