Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2015 off-season thread

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Congratulations to Zach Trotman for scoring his first NHL goal tonight. It sucks it had to be against the Red Wings though.
    Agree congrats to Zack and best of luck against anyone but the Redwings.
    Go Lakers!

Comment

Happy Easter Laker fans. The off-season is about 1/10 over, we are are slowing getting there!

Not official, but it sounds like Brown will be our first opponent in the Catamount Cup January 1 according to a Brown poster.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
        It's good to see players being recruited out of the BCHL and USHL but look at the other teams in hockey who have recruited quite a few players from those leagues and have not brought them the success they were hoping for. It still comes down to coaching and how well these guys can be developed at this higher level of play.

I think we all thought Roque was bringing in some pretty good recruits the last few years but the developing didn't seem to be there. How hard is this coaching staff wanting to work and how hard they push the players to the next level will be so important .
        How true this is. From what I hear, it appears Damon is upping the commitment for conditioning and training similar to MTU in the past few years. I think it will help a lot in overall player development. I am pulling for Witten to have success.

Comment

Hockey Commitments is reporting that we have a new verbal commitment. Luke Morgan, played AAA for Little Caesars this season. Forward, good playmaker. Probably 2-3 seasons away from suiting up for the Lakers.
          Last edited by Bill; 04-07-2015, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Nick McParland's brother Steve (Providence) gets to play for the National Championship Saturday night.

Comment

Congratulations to the city of Sault Ste. Marie and Pullar Stadium for being a top 10 finalist in the Kraft Hockeyville contest.

https://www.krafthockeyville.com/
              Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 04-11-2015, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Arizona State released their schedule. They will be in the Soo to play the Lakers on Nov 13-14.

Comment

Some new jerseys ready to be added to the Norris Center wall.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCkadECWAAA8uzh.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    Hockey Commitments is reporting that we have a new verbal commitment. Luke Morgan, played AAA for Little Caesars this season. Forward, good playmaker. Probably 2-3 seasons away from suiting up for the Lakers.

Morgan should bring some offence with him when he comes in.

Just curious Bill but who are you most interested to see of the incoming recruits for the coming season. I am torn between Hand, Basilico and Nellis. Diego Cuglietta maybe as well.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                      Just curious Bill but who are you most interested to see of the incoming recruits for the coming season. I am torn between Hand, Basilico and Nellis. Diego Cuglietta maybe as well.
                      At this point, I'd have to say Hand and Nellis. Really all of them, but those two in particular. Also very interested in seeing Hayes; I don't think he's expected to be a big scorer but my impression is he's supposed to be a speed demon and I want to see how fast he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        Arizona State released their schedule. They will be in the Soo to play the Lakers on Nov 13-14.
                        That leaves Michigan State as the only NC series we don't know the dates for. I'm guessing it will be in late October or early November.

Comment

Don Muio, Lakers goalie from the early years of the program, has died from cancer. He also served as volunteer goalies coach with the Lakers several seasons back.

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...ases/Muio_obit

Comment

This is a shame Bill. I remember watching Don in many a game at the Pullar .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                              This is a shame Bill. I remember watching Don in many a game at the Pullar .
                              Yep. He was the #1 goalie for the Lakers at the time and Jim McDowell was the backup goalie. Don was a truly nice guy. I remember being in a class with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                Don Muio, Lakers goalie from the early years of the program, has died from cancer. He also served as volunteer goalies coach with the Lakers several seasons back.

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...ases/Muio_obit

Prayers to Don's Family.
                                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                                X