Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2015 off-season thread

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
    Well it is Mrs Roque's home town.
    No. She's from Calumet, not Houghton.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      No. She's from Calumet, not Houghton.

Oh that's right the Soo is way closer to Houghton than Calumet.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker
        Jim Roque should be at the top of Tech's short list of coaches.
        I don't think it will happen because I've heard Roque dislikes Shawhan. I think I heard somewhere Roque refused to shake hands with Shawhan after a game when Joe was an assistant at NMU.

Speaking of Shawhan, hopefully he gets the head coaching job at Tech assuming Mel goes to Michigan after Red retires whenever that is.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Steve Oleksy has signed a one year contract with the Penguins.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=773502

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            I don't think it will happen because I've heard Roque dislikes Shawhan. I think I heard somewhere Roque refused to shake hands with Shawhan after a game when Joe was an assistant at NMU.

Speaking of Shawhan, hopefully he gets the head coaching job at Tech assuming Mel goes to Michigan after Red retires whenever that is.
            Mel did extend his contract with Tech through 2021. I find it less likely that he will end up back at Michigan with the extension.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
              Mel did extend his contract with Tech through 2021. I find it less likely that he will end up back at Michigan with the extension.

I don't think he will go back to AA either. He has done a great job at Tech and has a good thing going.
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

I don't think he will go back to AA either. He has done a great job at Tech and has a good thing going.
                True, but it is Michigan though and they have tons of money. They could open the vault up to get Mel. Actually perhaps we don't want Shawhan to coach anywhere else. If things don't work out with Damon in the next 3-4 years, we could try to get Joe to come back and be the head coach here.

Comment

If Michigan offered Pearson the job , it would be good bye snowstorms and hello Big Ten .

Comment

Oh that's right the Soo is way closer to Houghton than Calumet.
                    And that still doesn't change the fact that Houghton is not her hometown.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                      If Michigan offered Pearson the job , it would be good bye snowstorms and hello Big Ten .
                      Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post

Unfortunately, I think you might be right. As a Husky fan, I hope it doesn't happen. He has a good thing going right now at MTU and is being paid handsomely for his services. Michigan is a top 5 job in college hockey. Hard to turn that down. He has a ton of support from former Michigan players and there will be a push to get him if/when Red finally decides to go.

Happy July 4th to Laker fans.
                        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

• Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                          Unfortunately, I think you might be right. As a Husky fan, I hope it doesn't happen. He has a good thing going right now at MTU and is being paid handsomely for his services. Michigan is a top 5 job in college hockey. Hard to turn that down. He has a ton of support from former Michigan players and there will be a push to get him if/when Red finally decides to go.

Happy July 4th to Laker fans.

I really hope he stays in Houghton it's a great city and a first class program that he is resurrecting.

Happy 4th of July weekend to you and also all Lakers fans.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Lakers opponents for the Catamount Cup are revealed with the release of the Vermont schedule today. We play Vermont Tuesday, December 29 at 7pm and then we play Brown the following day at 4pm. It will be the first time we play Brown since 1993.

I'm surprised that there has been no word on season tickets yet.

Comment

I hope like hell the players are working at strength and conditioning like madmen during these summer months. Or is it really fall still here in MI .

Comment

Tomorrow morning Eagle 95.1 will have LSSU Asst coach Rich Metro on at 7:30am.

I will podcast it and post it on here.

IF you'd like to listen live you can do so on our app search "WUPN" in your App or Play store or online at www.radioeaglesoo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X