Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2015 off-season thread

Originally posted by InterestedLakerFan View Post
    and so do coaches. We can only hope ha and his wife get tired of the UP and bail! He is doing nothing to stabilize the future and carry on the rich legacy. It's clear the players don't trust him... No trust no respect.
    I think it's likely JR and his wife will bail after daughter Abby graduates from Soo High.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      I think it's likely JR and his wife will bail after daughter Abby graduates from Soo High.
      Chris Luongo had plenty to complain about with his situation at UAH (getting fired two weeks before the start of the season will embitter you), but he never trashed the program, nor did his supporters. I thought that they were going to stay until the kids graduated HS — that was their intent — but he took a job with USNTDP this week. Hopefully, for everyone involved, Jim gets a good job in hockey that pulls him far away from the Soo Very Soon Now. Even though I know it's a vocal minority, it's still distressing to watch.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        Chris Luongo had plenty to complain about with his situation at UAH (getting fired two weeks before the start of the season will embitter you), but he never trashed the program, nor did his supporters. I thought that they were going to stay until the kids graduated HS — that was their intent — but he took a job with USNTDP this week. Hopefully, for everyone involved, Jim gets a good job in hockey that pulls him far away from the Soo Very Soon Now. Even though I know it's a vocal minority, it's still distressing to watch.

GFM
        He did get a job as scout for the Phoenix Coyotes. His daughter, an excellent hockey player, has one more year of high school. She is a Wisconsin recruit. I kind of think they'll wait until she graduates from high school to make a move from the Soo.

Comment

He did get a job as scout for the Phoenix Coyotes. His daughter, an excellent hockey player, has one more year of high school. She is a Wisconsin recruit. I kind of think they'll wait until she graduates from high school to make a move from the Soo.
          That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Think Roque can sneak into an assistant role/recruiting role with Wisconsin once his daughter gets there. He has always been a good recruiter, and I believe he is pretty good buddies with Mike Eaves. Obviously the currents assistants at Wisconsin are not getting the job done as far as recruiting goes. I went to most Badger games last year, and don't see them improving much this year. There was definitely a lack of talent on that team, even more than the Lakers had.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

GFM
              You're right about the vocal minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                Think Roque can sneak into an assistant role/recruiting role with Wisconsin once his daughter gets there. He has always been a good recruiter, and I believe he is pretty good buddies with Mike Eaves. Obviously the currents assistants at Wisconsin are not getting the job done as far as recruiting goes. I went to most Badger games last year, and don't see them improving much this year. There was definitely a lack of talent on that team, even more than the Lakers had.
                I don't think there are any current assistants at Wisconsin. Seems a couple of them were fired after their season ended. Roque may have a very good chance of ending up there .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                  I don't think there are any current assistants at Wisconsin. Seems a couple of them were fired after their season ended. Roque may have a very good chance of ending up there .
                  I believe you are correct. I don't see any assistants currently listed on their website.

Comment

Probably not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFythY2b3o4
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      Oh, my. I had completely forgotten about that. I remember people on here were musing about what he said to Eaves. My favourites were "I hate cheese...hate it" and the ever-classic "My top line is in the AHL."
                      Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                        Eaves facial expression is priceless.

Comment

Head coaching job opened at North Dakota this morning that Roque can try for.

Comment

I think it will be interesting to see where some of the younger recruits (guys that won't be with the Lakers until 2016-17 and beyond) wind up playing their junior hockey this coming season. I think I heard Damon say on one of the hockey shows that Saccoman will likely play in the USHL this season, and I think Waterloo has his rights so he'll probably play there. Cole Hults played a few games with Madison this past season so he'll probably play there again. Blachman played a few games at Sioux Falls (USHL) after playing AAA Midget most of this past season so he'll probably play there. Morgan's USHL draft rights belong to Muskegon so he may play there or perhaps even somewhere in the BCHL. Humitz likely will play back in Muskegon again. Anderson and Calder are probably good candidates for the BCHL or USHL. I think Brunet may play at Smith Falls again. Johnston may play at Kanata again although he may be drawing some interest from the BCHL or USHL. Hard to say where Gauthier and Gamelin will play. Doesn't seem likely that they will follow the former Eagles NAHL franchise to New Jersey; it would be hard for the coaches to track their development out there since we don't generally recruit the East coast. If Headrick plays another another year of Juniors, he could wind up in the USHL or BCHL.
                            Last edited by Bill; 05-18-2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                              Head coaching job opened at North Dakota this morning that Roque can try for.
                              I was surprised to hear that they named a replacement right away. There would have been a long line of applicants for that job opening.

Comment

I was surprised to hear that they named a replacement right away. There would have been a long line of applicants for that job opening.
                                It was quick .

Comment

Working...
                                X