LSSU Lakers 2015 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2015 off-season thread

Soo Eagles NAHL Franchise is moving to New Jersey. Sounds like there may continue to be an Eagles Junior A team in the Soo, but playing in the NOJHL.

http://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=14789

Comment

I noticed a discrepancy on the schedule. For the UAA series at home in January, the WCHA schedule shows us play them Jan. 15-16 (Fri-Sat.) but on the LSSU website it shows Jan. 16-17 (Sat-Sun). Which one is right?
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        I noticed a discrepancy on the schedule. For the UAA series at home in January, the WCHA schedule shows us play them Jan. 15-16 (Fri-Sat.) but on the LSSU website it shows Jan. 16-17 (Sat-Sun). Which one is right?

The UAA site has the games the 15- 16th at 7:07 starting times.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Looks as if Arizona has a pretty grueling schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
            Looks as if Arizona has a pretty grueling schedule.
            There are no other Div 1 hockey programs close to them. The closest are Colorado College and Denver, and neither is on their schedule for this coming season. But they knew what they were getting into. Flying to all their Div 1 opponents, which really is a nice way to travel (and less grueling than those long bus trips) if you can afford it.

Comment

I noticed about our schedule is that there are a bunch of series with students gone again. Ferris State (Nov 27-28, Thanksgiving Break), Michigan Tech (Dec 11-12, Holiday Break), Bowling Green (Jan.8-9, Holiday Break) and Northern Michigan (Feb 26-27, Spring Break). This really sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                I noticed about our schedule is that there are a bunch of series with students gone again. Ferris State (Nov 27-28, Thanksgiving Break), Michigan Tech (Dec 11-12, Holiday Break), Bowling Green (Jan.8-9, Holiday Break) and Northern Michigan (Feb 26-27, Spring Break). This really sucks.

That is always a bummer to have series with the students gone. Hopefully the Lakers will come out of the gates strong and draw a few more fans.
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                  That is always a bummer to have series with the students gone. Hopefully the Lakers will come out of the gates strong and draw a few more fans.
                  Students come and go but the town people are there always. The people who live there are the ones who need to get behind the lakers in mass and support their games.

Comment

The athletics department is asking Laker fans to complete a survey. Pretty interesting.

http://lssulakers.com/sports/m-hocke..._Ticket_survey

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      I would rather see the series played on breaks, rather than having early conference games, like they did against Tech last season.

Every school is going to have 1 or 2 series with students on break, but 4 is quite a few.

Comment

Soo Thunderbirds lost 5-3 to Melfort Mustangs in an RBC Cup game last night. Owen Headrick scored 2 of the Thunderbirds 3 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                          Students come and go but the town people are there always.
                          No one is showing up for the Thanksgiving series, student or otherwise. LSSU and BGSU would be lucky to even get 1000 each. Everyone should get a bye that weekend.
                          BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                            No one is showing up for the Thanksgiving series, student or otherwise. LSSU and BGSU would be lucky to even get 1000 each. Everyone should get a bye that weekend.
                            I agree, a Thanksgiving weekend series or a playoff series during spring break when no one is on campus at those times. I doubt they make enough to pay the electric bill. Makes little sense to me.
                            Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                              I agree, a Thanksgiving weekend series or a playoff series during spring break when no one is on campus at those times. I doubt they make enough to pay the electric bill. Makes little sense to me.
                              I agree. This coming season will the the 4th consecutive season where the Lakers play at home Thanksgiving Weekend. At least it should end next year as we are scheduled to play in Notre Dame's Sheilagh Tournament. Damon said we might play there two or perhaps three years in a row.
                              Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 05-14-2015, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                                Students come and go but the town people are there always. The people who live there are the ones who need to get behind the lakers in mass and support their games.
                                and so do coaches. We can only hope ha and his wife get tired of the UP and bail! He is doing nothing to stabilize the future and carry on the rich legacy. It's clear the players don't trust him... No trust no respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X