This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer

For anyone leaving reputation-please sign what you write. Positive stuff is usually easy to figure out where it came from, but the occasional negative comment-well anyone can be brave when they remain anonymous.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

It took the whole academic year, but RPI finally produced a championship team.

Congratulations to the baseball team which, after losing the first game in the double-elimination tournament, won four in a row, including a doubleheader sweep of RIT today, to take the Liberty League championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
        It took the whole academic year, but RPI finally produced a championship team.

Congratulations to the baseball team which, after losing the first game in the double-elimination tournament, won four in a row, including a doubleheader sweep of RIT today, to take the Liberty League championship.
        Congrats to Karl Steffan and the team.

Hmmm... is there a succinct way to connect 108 stitches and 31 years?

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
          Congrats to Karl Steffan and the team.

Hmmm... is there a succinct way to connect 108 stitches and 31 years?
          Just went back and looked at the team record... seems we've owned Liberty League baseball over the last 15-18 years.

Comment

Today is 10 May 2015. There are 146 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
              This is a good day.
              Belated Happy Birthday!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                For anyone leaving reputation-please sign what you write. Positive stuff is usually easy to figure out where it came from, but the occasional negative comment-well anyone can be brave when they remain anonymous.
                You could join USCHO-Extra, and then it will say who gave you reps.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just went back and looked at the team record... seems we've owned Liberty League baseball over the last 15-18 years.

That's because more often than not the team has been loaded with Section II players.
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    You could join USCHO-Extra, and then it will say who gave you reps.
                    Thanks RB-one of many things I had not known.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I was looking at the RPI Athletics Department's HFH description http://rpiathletics.com/sports/2010/...8.aspx?id=2762.

Since opening in October of 1949, the building has undergone a number of renovations. The first update took place during the 2008-09 season as new locker rooms with spacious lounges and study areas were constructed. Additionally, a new equipment room, athletic training suite and video room were also completed along with the addition of a state-of-the-art video board, coaches offices, a Ring of Honor area and a new look to the front facade of the building.
                      The first update was in 2008-9? I seem to remember quite a few changes before that, most notably removing most of the poles. Also lowering the rink and moving it a several feet. When I arrived there wasn't the large area in the front of the building which now has the ticket office, etc.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-10-2015, 04:18 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        I was looking at the RPI Athletics Department's HFH description http://rpiathletics.com/sports/2010/...8.aspx?id=2762.

The first update was in 2008-9? I seem to remember quite a few changes before that, most notably removing most of the poles. Also lowering the rink and moving it a several feet. When I arrived there wasn't the large area in the front of the building which now has the ticket office, etc.
                        You are correct, Ralph. The first renovation was following the 1983 season, when they removed most of the poles after removing the roof and lowering the roof back down to the 4 remaining poles. At the same time, they lowered the ice surface and moved the surface about 15 feet towards the front of the building. Also adding Sections 2-5 and 18-21 in the corners.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                          You are correct, Ralph. The first renovation was following the 1983 season, when they removed most of the poles after removing the roof and lowering the roof back down to the 4 remaining poles. At the same time, they lowered the ice surface and moved the surface about 15 feet towards the front of the building. Also adding Sections 2-5 and 18-21 in the corners.
                          My memory squares with Ralph and RPI fan 4 life. I remember walking by the FH in late spring/summer '83 and seeing the building in the midst of reconstruction. Maybe this is too fine a point, but wasn't known as the Houston Field House once the 83 renovations were completed?

Comment

I was looking at the RPI athletics link that Ralph had referenced on the history of the HFH. When I got there, they had pictures of two RPI Hall of Famers... one was Bob Brinkworth and the first thing I noticed was the Gerry Cosby tag on the shaft of his stick.

When I worked in NYC in the late 70's, I bought my goalie sticks thru GCs. At that time, their store was located at Penn Plaza within the MSG complex. I don't know where in Manhattan their store would have been located in '62-'64 as the 'new Garden' hadn't been built yet. Just a little surprised that Ned Harkness apparently bought team sticks from a supplier in NYC... I would have guessed from someplace in Troy (Evers' or Cahill's?) or Canada before Cosby's.

Comment

I was looking at the RPI athletics link that Ralph had referenced on the history of the HFH. When I got there, they had pictures of two RPI Hall of Famers... one was Bob Brinkworth and the first thing I noticed was the Gerry Cosby tag on the shaft of his stick.

When I worked in NYC in the late 70's, I bought my goalie sticks thru GCs. At that time, their store was located at Penn Plaza within the MSG complex. I don't know where in Manhattan their store would have been located in '62-'64 as the 'new Garden' hadn't been built yet. Just a little surprised that Ned Harkness apparently bought team sticks from a supplier in NYC... I would have guessed from someplace in Troy (Evers' or Cahill's?) or Canada before Cosby's.
                              IIRC, it was at the old Garden.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 11 May 2015. There are 145 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X