Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Semifinal -- #2 BC vs. #3 Harvard: Oh, hello.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Semifinal -- #2 BC vs. #3 Harvard: Oh, hello.

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    If it does I'm OK with that as whomever wins has to face either of the best two teams in the county on Sunday.
    Must be a pretty big county if it extends across state lines!

Comment

Looking forward to an epic battle on Friday.....Harvard and BC have had some memorable tussles over the years (in women's hockey) and decades (in men's hockey).

One key to the game will be both teams' depth at forward. Harvard's third line has dominated most other teams' third lines this year, but facing BC will be an enormous challenge in that regard.

Another key will be whether either team's offense can break the other team's back, as BC did in the first BC/Harvard game this year and as Harvard did to Quinnipiac this afternoon. I'm guessing that both coaches will countenance a wide open barnburner style, as BC's offense has been able to simply steamroller most opponents while Harvard's defense has been able to hold the fort against most opponents while the offense puts on the pressure. In this case, BC's offensive strength and Harvard's defensive strength will match up, I surmise, in a freewheeling contest. What do others predict?

As is traditional, I will conclude each BC/Harvard post with the reminder that Lenny Ceglarski was my fifth grade teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        hi
        You sure you really want this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          I never agree with anything you post these days. Now I see why; you're always wrong.
          Wait, I just realized what this means. You don't think that Grant's ego is the size of the universe?
          Last edited by Eeyore; 03-15-2015, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikukhu View Post
            Harvard can't play BC on Sunday and BC certainly can't play themselves.
            Each would prefer that to what is waiting for the winner

Comment

If getting your fanny kicked by 9 goals is not motivation to do better than my lame-*** comment probably is not going to light a fire. If it does I'm OK with that as whomever wins has to face either of the best two teams in the county on Sunday.
              We lost by eight goals in November but who's counting? My comment was about stoking an already burning fire and your comment adding fuel to that fire. Harvard knows what is in front of them. So does BC. It should be a great game and I sincerely doubt after last year that Minnesota or Wisconsin is taking any team from the East lightly.

Comment

Each would prefer that to what is waiting for the winner
                I'm sure both would have much preferred to have a WCHA sparring partner Friday before meeting for the title game, but the HU/BC winner will just have to be content with an exhibition game Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                  My comment was about stoking an already burning fire and your comment adding fuel to that fire.
                  Harvard student athletes don't have anything better to do than read a message board than to see what random posters are writing, and then they become offended by being reminded of the fact that they embarrassed themselves back in November? I guess a Harvard education isn't all it is cracked up to be.

I think it is only you that finds the mention of that loss more offensive than the fact that the Crimson turtled versus BC.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    Harvard student athletes don't have anything better to do than read a message board than to see what random posters are writing, and then they become offended by being reminded of the fact that they embarrassed themselves back in November? I guess a Harvard education isn't all it is cracked up to be.

I think it is only you that finds the mention of that loss more offensive than the fact that the Crimson turtled versus BC.
                    Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Wow. All I said was that the comment would add to the motivation - where did I say it was offensive? Geez, relax okay? And yeah, the women (not just Harvard) do read these boards from time to time and it would be naive to think otherwise.

Comment

hi
                      You sure . . . ?

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                        And yeah, the women (not just Harvard) do read these boards from time to time and it would be naive to think otherwise.
                        If with "The Women" you are referring to players, than yes you are probably correct. Doubt very much if any students not involved with varsity hockey would read these boards.

And if you'd follow ARM at all you'd know that his comments were very much TIC.

Comment

Originally posted by driventoit View Post
                          You sure . . . ?
                          Yes!

Hello!
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Yes!

Hello!
                            It's just that . . . well, you see what you've gotten us all in to for the next few days? This was supposed to be fun!

Comment

Oh it WILL be fun
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Oh it WILL be fun
                                For a quarter of us, the next week will be very, very fun. For the other 75%, it will be fun -- right up until the point where it isn't.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X