Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Your video throwback for this week is a most appropriate one. These are the highlights of the 1981 NCAA Consolation game victory over NMU in Duluth - the last time Michigan Tech played a game in the NCAA tournament.

https://youtu.be/gHhsluQ8QFk

A couple things to look for:

0:23 some of the band is wearing the original red striped bib overalls
    0:26 the modern clap pattern for the fight song (clap...clap...clap clap clap) isn't used
    1:15 the original skating Husky mascot - in a pairs routine with the original Wildcat Willy - skating to the Copper Country Anthem
    2:28 the old car horn serenade that used to follow the fight song can be heard
    4:52 both fan bases joining in for a "U.P. Power" chant as time expires
    7:40 NMU shows off the 4th place trophy and receives decent applause
    8:15 Mel Pearson receives his 3rd place medal
    9:00 instead of the fight song, the band serenades the trophy with the Copper Country Anthem

Thanks for this! Who was the coach for MTU? Nahrgang?

Comment

Nope... Still MacInnes in 81 ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hckygrl View Post
        I appreciate that. Just need 1. :-) I called first thing Monday morning, they said, "it should be no problem, " then I checked back at 1 and they said there was still a ways to me and they didn't think they would get thatfar.
        Precisely why I didn't wait until Monday. Given the final Pairwise, chance we were in Fargo shot through the roof.
        Actually if I was on the ball, I would have been on the list in February when we started to look like a lock for the NCAAs.

Comment

Gotta love Pearson's hair and mustache, personally I think he should grow the mustache back
          2005-2006: 7-25-6
          2006-2007: 18-17-5
          2007-2008: 14-20-5
          2008-2009: 6-25-7
          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by Hckygrl View Post
            I still have hope. I just can't believe there were that many on the list before the weekend. ..
            We posted about the list about a month ago, most of us emailed at that point.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I didn't email until after noon on Sunday and still for a call yesterday, Ryan J had already gotten me a ticket though so I passed on it.

Comment

The jersey order has been submitted to MTU, all told it was 87 jerseys and we had enough of each to meet minimums without help from athletics.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  The jersey order has been submitted to MTU, all told it was 87 jerseys and we had enough of each to meet minimums without help from athletics.
                  That's a lot of jerseys! Tanner the most popular player chosen?

Comment

They said they were calling season ticket holders first--that even though I was higher on the list, they would call all season ticket holders first, then me. I asked if I could pay a fee for season tickets and they said no.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                      That's a lot of jerseys! Tanner the most popular player chosen?
                      Yes, ahead of Pietila, Johnstone and there were a couple for recently departed Copley.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Yeah, Tanner and some guy name "Paten" was also popular I heard.
                        ;-)
                        Ryan J
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I'm looking forward to getting my new Kero jersey.
                          Its too bad the timing wasn't better to get it for Boston, but then, wouldn't have been able to get Kero on it either. So, it is what it is.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Yes, ahead of Pietila, Johnstone and there were a couple for recently departed Copley.
                            If I could have Phillips may have been my choice but obviously he wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              I'm looking forward to getting my new Kero jersey.
                              Its too bad the timing wasn't better to get it for Boston, but then, wouldn't have been able to get Kero on it either. So, it is what it is.
                              I wish I could go to Boston, but pretty sure I'm wiped out from this trip, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                                I wish I could go to Boston, but pretty sure I'm wiped out from this trip, lol.
                                We're going regardless. My wife and I are making a vacation out of it. We both want to see Boston, and thought this was a perfect opportunity for it.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X