tUMD @ DU NCHC Playoffs: The Pioneers who stopped in Denver are quitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tUMD @ DU NCHC Playoffs: The Pioneers who stopped in Denver are quitters

The last time UMD played in Denver for playoffs they had the upset in 2007. Of all the teams we could have played I'm glad we're playing DU. They play the same style of hockey as we do and I think we can win this series. Maroon and gold glasses say UMD wins in three games.

Had UMD gotten a couple breaks in the series in January they could have swept. I'm still annoyed with the potential go ahead goal in game one (there wasn't enough visual evidence to show it went it) and that 5-minute major against Krause shouldn't have been.

If UMD wants to be a one seed they need to win this series (I'm going off of what happened in Jan when they lost Friday and they dropped in the PWR to like a 7 or 8 overall seed).

This shall be fun. Go Bulldogs!
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: tUMD @ DU NCHC Playoffs: The Pioneers who stopped in Denver are quitters

There's not going to be any NCHC TV restrictions this weekend, right? I know DU has the ROOT deal that I'm hoping doesn't carry over into the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by AHABulldog View Post
      There's not going to be any NCHC TV restrictions this weekend, right? I know DU has the ROOT deal that I'm hoping doesn't carry over into the postseason.
      I don't know. That's a great question and I'll look into it.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I asked the DU Hockey twitter account and they don't know yet. NCHC had free streaming last year, but not sure if that included Denver. Perhaps the games will be on Root Sports. Who knows. We'll just have to wait to find out.
        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          I asked the DU Hockey twitter account and they don't know yet. NCHC had free streaming last year, but not sure if that included Denver. Perhaps the games will be on Root Sports. Who knows. We'll just have to wait to find out.
          According to the NCHC release today:
          Every NCHC Quarterfinal game this postseason will be available online on NCHC.tv. Fans who already have a conference Annual, Monthly, Mid-Season or End of Season Pass will have access to all the quarterfinal games. For fans who do not have an NCHC.tv subscription yet, the Playoff Pass is available for purchase for $24.95, which gets fans access to all quarterfinal games, as well as the Third-Place Game at the Frozen Faceoff. Press conferences from the Frozen Faceoff will also be streamed live on NCHC.tv.

Comment

Denver Hockey ‏@DU_Hockey 6h6 hours ago
            @vizoroo no PioneerVision video feed this weekend; http://NCHC.tv will stream every game though
            GO DU !!!

Comment

So did I hear something about LaLeggia getting dinged last weekend? I don't think it will impact his availability this weekend but am curious to hear what happened.

Krause out for Game 1. Iafallo most likely out the entire weekend. Dogs down to 10 forwards for Game 1. Hoping they can get the job done since it's more fun to watch your team at the conference tourney, but a week off would not be the worst thing in the world for this team.

Comment

So did I hear something about LaLeggia getting dinged last weekend? I don't think it will impact his availability this weekend but am curious to hear what happened.

Krause out for Game 1. Iafallo most likely out the entire weekend. Dogs down to 10 forwards for Game 1. Hoping they can get the job done since it's more fun to watch your team at the conference tourney, but a week off would not be the worst thing in the world for this team.
                We had our best stretch of the season without Krause and our worst stretch right after he got back, so I'm not too worried about that. Iafallo's continued absence hurts though. As you mentioned, we are a lock for the tournament, so a playoff title would be great, but losses wouldn't be the end of the world (or season). Also, all games will be broadcast on My9 in Duluth.
                SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                UMD Men: 2011

Comment

My thoughts exactly. although losing the series probably would drop us out of a 1 seed. We don't want that.
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    My thoughts exactly. although losing the series probably would drop us out of a 1 seed. We don't want that.
                    Really? If you were a 2 or a 3 do you really think that would change your lot in life in this upcoming NCAA tourney much? I honestly don't. Ours, either.

NCHC = battle tested league.

I find myself caring more about being in South Bend or Fargo than I do about our seed in the NCAA's, in general. You gotta win 4 games, anyway, At this level, who cares who it is against? I care more about the "where" than the who.

UNLESS a UNO NCHC conference tourney win got us to #1 in Pairwise and a date with the #16 seed (presumably, the AHA auto-qualifier). That is the only "desireable" match-up I really see, for anyone. Is there someone you guys would be worried about playing if you aren't a 1? I'm not. The irony here is that, North Dakota, of all the top 8 teams in Pairwise (of which we have played 5 of them) is the team that we have looked the best against of the lot.

I say, bring on anybody.

Provided we get past past SCSU this weekend, who I frankly believe is not a good match-up for us. They worry me as much as any potential NCAA opponent. Seriously.

Comment

So no updates on LaLeggia or Iafallo yet? Inquiring minds want to know!
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                        Really? If you were a 2 or a 3 do you really think that would change your lot in life in this upcoming NCAA tourney much? I honestly don't. Ours, either.

I find myself caring more about being in South Bend or Fargo than I do about our seed in the NCAA's, in general. You gotta win 4 games, anyway, At this level, who cares who it is against? I care more about the "where" than the who.

UNLESS a UNO NCHC conference tourney win got us to #1 in Pairwise and a date with the #16 seed (presumably, the AHA auto-qualifier). That is the only "desireable" match-up I really see, for anyone. Is there someone you guys would be worried about playing if you aren't a 1? I'm not. The irony here is that, North Dakota, of all the top 8 teams in Pairwise (of which we have played 5 of them) is the team that we have looked the best against of the lot.

I say, bring on anybody.

Provided we get past past SCSU this weekend, who I frankly believe is not a good match-up for us. They worry me as much as any potential NCAA opponent. Seriously.
                        I always want a better seed. It is true that college hockey has more parity and any team can beat anyone (except the AHA teams) but I still want to have that "number 1 seed" feather in the cap.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          #IAFALTO is out indefinitely with mono. Hopefully he can return for regionals.
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Leggs should be back for the weekend, though his % effectiveness will be a question mark.

r

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

I say, bring on anybody.

I'm surprised you think that UNO matches up best with North Dakota after going 1-2-1 vs them on the season. They only won 1 out of the 4 games played against UND this season and that took a 5 on 3 PP in overtime. On the other hand you were 1-1 for Minnesota St, 1-1-2 vs. UMD, 1-1 vs. Miami, 2-2 vs. SCSU, 2-0 vs. Denver. Maybe it felt like you matched up best with UND but the numbers don't bear that out, just my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                              X