Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ UNO 1st Round NCHC Playoffs: Unleash the Worry

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    I used to work with a guy that was childhood friends with the Sheps. He admits that Derick is a d-bag, and Brad is the calm one.

Ask Hoven sometime about CJ and Campion. Great stories. Hate them still, but classic stories.
    Ha, I got castigated in our team's season thread by calling out Shepherd (and Todd Lacina) as the horrible referees that they are, by our own fans, who accused me of trying to blame a horrendously officiated game recently on them, a UNO loss, that they manifestly affected the outcome of, that both of them officiated here.

People were, like, "What a lousy fan/person you are for having the gall to bring up the officiating".

This, even after I pointed out to my wife before the game even started (something I mentioned in my post, even) that were were headed for officiating issues as soon as I saw they were doing the game.

And, we were.
    Last edited by Red Cows; 03-14-2015, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
      As long as Blais is coach, it appears UNO will get nowhere near the Twin Cities for a conference tournament. 0-5 with St. Paul or Minneapolis on the line. 3 of those series, they were swept and two of those were at home
      I've got news for you; if you get rid of Blais you go from the team that's good from the beginning of the season until mid-February then sucks from mid-February through March to the team that sucks all year long. Unless you've got the name of someone big and qualified that is willing to come in his place, and I doubt you do, I'd take the biggest name your program ever will get and hope that things turn around.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        I've got news for you; if you get rid of Blais you go from the team that's good from the beginning of the season until mid-February then sucks from mid-February through March to the team that sucks all year long. Unless you've got the name of someone big and qualified that is willing to come in his place, and I doubt you do, I'd take the biggest name your program ever will get and hope that things turn around.
        Like I told you in St.Cloud 3 weeks ago, I am trying to temper the expectations that "came along" this year with the fast start with the fact that my real hope for the team, and, this program is for NEXT season.

The inexperience of this team has just flat out caught up with us, now.

What we've accomplished with the experience level (or lack, thereof) that we have here at the moment makes me more excited for next season than I was, before, even.

We have another great class (albeit, smaller) coming in and with the new arena and all, as I said to you at M.C.'s, barring pro defections and/or Deano not being able to find someone that can play at least "serviceable" goalie, I think we might be a top 5 team next season and maybe a title threat.

However, Coach Blais' post-February 1st record at UNO is appalling and his post-season record at UNO is even more appalling.

I expect to be in Minneapolis next year and I expect to see our first NCAA tourney win, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
          Like I told you in St.Cloud 3 weeks ago, I am trying to temper the expectations that "came along" this year with the fast start with the fact that my real hope for the team, and, this program is for NEXT season.

The inexperience of this team has just flat out caught up with us, now.

What we've accomplished with the experience level (or lack, thereof) that we have here at the moment makes me more excited for next season than I was, before, even.

We have another great class (albeit, smaller) coming in and with the new arena and all, as I said to you at M.C.'s, barring pro defections and/or Deano not being able to find someone that can play at least "serviceable" goalie, I think we might be a top 5 team next season and maybe a title threat.

However, Coach Blais' post-February 1st record at UNO is appalling and his post-season record at UNO is even more appalling.

I expect to be in Minneapolis next year and I expect to see our first NCAA tourney win, too.
          While he certainly didn't play like it, you guys did have your backup goalie in between the pipes for almost all weekend.

Also, I know what you're saying about expecting a good team next year, but let's be honest: 12 months away is a LONG time away. With everyone coming back after last year, how many people thought the Gophers would be 12th in the PWR and trying to avoid being a 4 seed?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

He is 109-98-22 at UNO with two NCAA appearances (0-2), 1-6 in playoff series with a 4-12 record. What exactly is irreplaceable about that?

The reputation of his UND days can only take him so far
            Last edited by 5thYearFreshman; 03-14-2015, 10:25 PM.
            UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

I am shocked. See you in St. Paul.

Comment

He is 109-98-22 at UNO with two NCAA appearances (0-2), 1-6 in playoff series with a 4-12 record. What exactly is irreplaceable about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                  Ha, I got castigated in our team's season thread by calling out Shepherd (and Todd Lacina) as the horrible referees that they are, by our own fans, who accused me of trying to blame a horrendously officiated game recently on them, a UNO loss, that they manifestly affected the outcome of, that both of them officiated here.

People were, like, "What a lousy fan/person you are for having the gall to bring up the officiating".

This, even after I pointed out to my wife before the game even started (something I mentioned in my post, even) that were were headed for officiating issues as soon as I saw they were doing the game.

And, we were.
                  So was this weekend officiating related? What's the excuse this time around? We were beat that game because we are not a very good team. We proved it again this weekend. No matter how terrible the officials are at any given time, we have not played worthy of a victory in the last two months (minus last night).
                  If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

The reputation of his UND days can only take him so far
                    I think that underscores how tough it is to recruit to a program with little to no hockey legacy, at a program where guys had to schlep gear all over town just to practice, something UNO has had to do at 7 different venues during the course of it's history. In many of the years of that history, in multiple venues in many of those individual seasons. Mike Kemp had this problem and now Coach Blais has had this problem, too. No longer.

Now, we have the new arena announced and in place, along came the best recruiting class in school history. By a ton. Guess what? Next season we have another great (smaller) recruiting class. As I have said before, I think Coach Blais deserves at least another year as I believe the fortunes of war are about to change dramatically for UNO hockey as the program finally moves from "wannabes" to "haves".

Playing at the Qwest/CenturyLink Center has frankly hurt this program, both competitively and monetarily.

Coach Blais has his warts (I vehemently disagree with his, as well as the school's handling of the Alex Hudson incident as well as the Matt White/Preston Hodge incident) but I think he deserves at least one more season, one in which he will be wearing the glass slipper here for the very first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                      I am shocked. See you in St. Paul.
                      You are going to the WcHA final five? I will be at Target Center watching the Huskies....
                      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                        So was this weekend officiating related? What's the excuse this time around? We were beat that game because we are not a very good team. We proved it again this weekend. No matter how terrible the officials are at any given time, we have not played worthy of a victory in the last two months (minus last night).
                        Whoa, whoa, whoa, I was in no way making any commentary here about this weekend, in any way, as it relates to the officiating.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                          You are going to the WcHA final five? I will be at Target Center watching the Huskies....
                          Oops. Glad you reminded me before I got lost. See you in Minneapolis. Old habits.

Comment

As long as Blais is coach, it appears UNO will get nowhere near the Twin Cities for a conference tournament. 0-5 with St. Paul or Minneapolis on the line. 3 of those series, they were swept and two of those were at home
                            we're stuck with dean for one more year. Get rid of him now and the transition to the new arena will be a train wreck. After that get rid of him. get rid of jutting now. He's a liability.
                            UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

I am still waiting to hear who you think you can land that would be an improvement.

Comment

I am still waiting to hear who you think you can land that would be an improvement.
                                I don't have my finger on the pulse of up and coming coaches, nor do I think 100% believe that Dean should be canned. What I am daying is that .500 with Dean's playoff record is hardly irreplaceable

Comment

Working...
                                X