mookie1995
02-26-2015, 02:45 PM
pretty green colors

maineiac
02-26-2015, 04:27 PM
Mine arrived in Maine today via UPS.

Hockee
02-26-2015, 05:59 PM
Has anybody ever done the VIP upgrade? It's pricey, but if the food offerings and beverages are quality, might be a nice spiff for the wife for putting up with a year of puck chasing...

CLS
02-26-2015, 08:53 PM
Has anybody ever done the VIP upgrade? It's pricey, but if the food offerings and beverages are quality, might be a nice spiff for the wife for putting up with a year of puck chasing...Also, other than going in on a suite, remember it may be the only way to get booze.

pgb-ohio
03-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Mine just arrived via UPS

Mine arrived in Maine today via UPS.Same result in Ohio; Thursday was the day.

Just realized we're all attending the BFF:

Boston
Frozen
Four

walrus655321
03-01-2015, 04:40 PM
They shipped mine to the wrong address for some reason, but got them eventually.

Greg A
03-01-2015, 07:51 PM
Had this discussion with a few of my friends who got their tickets today. Question, why in this digital age is the NCAA still sending tickets by UPS? Besides convenience, being able to print your ticket or download it to you phone would prevent the tickets from being lost or stolen. Most of us work, correct? So you get home at night, it's dark, and you find an oversized cardboard envelope stuck between your storm door and door, plainly visible to anyone who might want to snatch your mail. In fact, I talked to two my guys who said that the tickets were left in a doorway that is not used during the winter months. Gotta be a better way I think.

Laker Dude
03-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Had this discussion with a few of my friends who got their tickets today. Question, why in this digital age is the NCAA still sending tickets by UPS? Besides convenience, being able to print your ticket or download it to you phone would prevent the tickets from being lost or stolen. Most of us work, correct? So you get home at night, it's dark, and you find an oversized cardboard envelope stuck between your storm door and door, plainly visible to anyone who might want to snatch your mail. In fact, I talked to two my guys who said that the tickets were left in a doorway that is not used during the winter months. Gotta be a better way I think.

Last year, they were left outside of my apartment door, which had no storm door, on a Friday afternoon. I was out of town for work that weekend. Luckily they were still there when I got home Sunday evening.

pgb-ohio
03-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Had this discussion with a few of my friends who got their tickets today. Question, why in this digital age is the NCAA still sending tickets by UPS? Besides convenience, being able to print your ticket or download it to you phone would prevent the tickets from being lost or stolen. Most of us work, correct? So you get home at night, it's dark, and you find an oversized cardboard envelope stuck between your storm door and door, plainly visible to anyone who might want to snatch your mail. In fact, I talked to two my guys who said that the tickets were left in a doorway that is not used during the winter months. Gotta be a better way I think.Legitimate question. Another point in your favor is that since the tickets must be ordered online in the lottery, it's pretty tough for a customer to complain that they don't have access to a computer & printer.

With that said, I have to admit I'm pretty happy that FF tickets are still a souvenir in their own right. Those print-at-home tickets? Almost never worth keeping. Even with a good quality printer; even using cardstock -- they just wind up being functional, nothing more.

Perhaps the customer could be given a choice. It's not a perfect analogy, but consider what the Memorial Golf Tournament does: The customer can select a sturdy badge that will last all week, which is also a nice keepsake. Or, the other option is a set of daily tickets, which are more functional in nature. Seems to keep everyone happy.

Even Ticketmaster is usually able to give the customer a choice between mailed tickets and the print-at-home option. Granted, the physical tickets that Ticketmaster sends out on the standard forms are extremely boring. But my point is that ticket sellers can provide this kind of choice without breaking the bank.

Nick Papagiorgio
03-02-2015, 09:06 AM
Are game times still 5 and 8:30 for the semis?

walrus655321
03-02-2015, 10:00 AM

That's what the tickets say.

Greg A
03-02-2015, 02:34 PM
Legitimate question. Another point in your favor is that since the tickets must be ordered online in the lottery, it's pretty tough for a customer to complain that they don't have access to a computer & printer.

With that said, I have to admit I'm pretty happy that FF tickets are still a souvenir in their own right. Those print-at-home tickets? Almost never worth keeping. Even with a good quality printer; even using cardstock -- they just wind up being functional, nothing more.

Perhaps the customer could be given a choice. It's not a perfect analogy, but consider what the Memorial Golf Tournament does: The customer can select a sturdy badge that will last all week, which is also a nice keepsake. Or, the other option is a set of daily tickets, which are more functional in nature. Seems to keep everyone happy.

Even Ticketmaster is usually able to give the customer a choice between mailed tickets and the print-at-home option. Granted, the physical tickets that Ticketmaster sends out on the standard forms are extremely boring. But my point is that ticket sellers can provide this kind of choice without breaking the bank.

The Ticketmaster analogy was what I was thinking when I posted. I bought tickets to a concert a week or so ago and, at the end, they give you three options - mail you real tickets, print tickets, or e-ticket. Agree that keeping them as souvenirs is good excuse but I haven't, going back to my first FF in 1977, so why start now.

pgb-ohio
03-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Agree that keeping them as souvenirs is good excuse but I haven't, going back to my first FF in 1977, so why start now.I have, going back to my first FF in 1981, so why quit now? ;)

But I do believe the customer should have the choice.

pgb-ohio
03-02-2015, 03:01 PM

That's what the tickets say.NCAA Website agrees.

mookie1995
03-02-2015, 03:08 PM
That's what the tickets say.

Read
That's what the tickets read.

Tickets no talkie :p

walrus655321
03-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Read
That's what the tickets read.

Tickets no talkie :p

Mine talk to me.

walrus655321
03-02-2015, 03:56 PM
I have, going back to my first FF in 1981, so why quit now? ;)

But I do believe the customer should have the choice.

I like the paper tickets, the Red Sox give me that option for my season tickets and I opt for the paper tickets.

I also like the option the Red Sox offer where they actually mail them to the shipping address associated with my account.

CLS
03-02-2015, 04:08 PM
For what I pay for the tickets, I want something sturdy, that feels substantial in my hands! :mad: Just kidding.:D

Im a souvenir keeper, so Im OK with the current system. I also buy a ridiculously overpriced program, for the same reason. When I get home, I dutifully record the score on each ticket and tape the overpriced ticket to the overpriced program. And I move all the souvenir pins to my souvenir hat and hang the hat with the others.

But I think that the in this digital age argument strikes both ways, because modern technology can mitigate the danger of tickets being, lost, stolen, or misdelivered. For Columbus, we never received our tickets. When we arrived in Columbus we went to the box office and got our tickets replaced easily (of course that was Columbus, so we might have been better off eating our balcony seats for the lower bowl center ice tickets that were readily available cheap:)). Since they scan the tickets, they would know if someone tried to use the ones that got misplaced.

Regarding choice of ticket medium, be careful what you wish for. My guess is that eventually you will have to pay for a souvenir ticket. It is, after all, by far the most expensive ticket delivery system. Wont be too long before most folks get in with wave of their smart phones.

MavHockey14
03-02-2015, 04:14 PM
I love collecting my ticket stubs for every event I go to. When you get a chance to check them out again several years later you'll be surprised at what you remember and the memories those little pieces of paper conjure up.