• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Four Tickets Are Out

Mine just arrived via UPS

Re: Frozen Four Tickets Are Out

pretty green colors
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Mine arrived in Maine today via UPS.

Comment

Has anybody ever done the VIP upgrade? It's pricey, but if the food offerings and beverages are quality, might be a nice spiff for the wife for putting up with a year of puck chasing...
        Coach Speak: "He's a great guy in the room."
        Translation: "We should leave him in the room, because he's lousy on the ice....."

Comment

Originally posted by Hockee View Post
          Has anybody ever done the VIP upgrade? It's pricey, but if the food offerings and beverages are quality, might be a nice spiff for the wife for putting up with a year of puck chasing...
          Also, other than going in on a suite, remember it may be the only way to get booze.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
            Mine just arrived via UPS
            Originally posted by maineiac View Post
            Mine arrived in Maine today via UPS.
            Same result in Ohio; Thursday was the day.

Just realized we're all attending the BFF:

Boston
            Frozen
            Four

Comment

They shipped mine to the wrong address for some reason, but got them eventually.

Comment

Had this discussion with a few of my friends who got their tickets today. Question, why in this digital age is the NCAA still sending tickets by UPS? Besides convenience, being able to print your ticket or download it to you phone would prevent the tickets from being lost or stolen. Most of us work, correct? So you get home at night, it's dark, and you find an oversized cardboard envelope stuck between your storm door and door, plainly visible to anyone who might want to snatch your mail. In fact, I talked to two my guys who said that the tickets were left in a doorway that is not used during the winter months. Gotta be a better way I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg A View Post
                  Had this discussion with a few of my friends who got their tickets today. Question, why in this digital age is the NCAA still sending tickets by UPS? Besides convenience, being able to print your ticket or download it to you phone would prevent the tickets from being lost or stolen. Most of us work, correct? So you get home at night, it's dark, and you find an oversized cardboard envelope stuck between your storm door and door, plainly visible to anyone who might want to snatch your mail. In fact, I talked to two my guys who said that the tickets were left in a doorway that is not used during the winter months. Gotta be a better way I think.
                  Last year, they were left outside of my apartment door, which had no storm door, on a Friday afternoon. I was out of town for work that weekend. Luckily they were still there when I got home Sunday evening.

Comment

Legitimate question. Another point in your favor is that since the tickets must be ordered online in the lottery, it's pretty tough for a customer to complain that they don't have access to a computer & printer.

With that said, I have to admit I'm pretty happy that FF tickets are still a souvenir in their own right. Those print-at-home tickets? Almost never worth keeping. Even with a good quality printer; even using cardstock -- they just wind up being functional, nothing more.

Perhaps the customer could be given a choice. It's not a perfect analogy, but consider what the Memorial Golf Tournament does: The customer can select a sturdy badge that will last all week, which is also a nice keepsake. Or, the other option is a set of daily tickets, which are more functional in nature. Seems to keep everyone happy.

Even Ticketmaster is usually able to give the customer a choice between mailed tickets and the print-at-home option. Granted, the physical tickets that Ticketmaster sends out on the standard forms are extremely boring. But my point is that ticket sellers can provide this kind of choice without breaking the bank.

Comment

Are game times still 5 and 8:30 for the semis?
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        That's what the tickets say.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                          Legitimate question. Another point in your favor is that since the tickets must be ordered online in the lottery, it's pretty tough for a customer to complain that they don't have access to a computer & printer.

With that said, I have to admit I'm pretty happy that FF tickets are still a souvenir in their own right. Those print-at-home tickets? Almost never worth keeping. Even with a good quality printer; even using cardstock -- they just wind up being functional, nothing more.

Perhaps the customer could be given a choice. It's not a perfect analogy, but consider what the Memorial Golf Tournament does: The customer can select a sturdy badge that will last all week, which is also a nice keepsake. Or, the other option is a set of daily tickets, which are more functional in nature. Seems to keep everyone happy.

Even Ticketmaster is usually able to give the customer a choice between mailed tickets and the print-at-home option. Granted, the physical tickets that Ticketmaster sends out on the standard forms are extremely boring. But my point is that ticket sellers can provide this kind of choice without breaking the bank.
                          The Ticketmaster analogy was what I was thinking when I posted. I bought tickets to a concert a week or so ago and, at the end, they give you three options - mail you real tickets, print tickets, or e-ticket. Agree that keeping them as souvenirs is good excuse but I haven't, going back to my first FF in 1977, so why start now.

Comment

Agree that keeping them as souvenirs is good excuse but I haven't, going back to my first FF in 1977, so why start now.
                            I have, going back to my first FF in 1981, so why quit now?

But I do believe the customer should have the choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                              That's what the tickets say.
                              NCAA Website agrees.

Comment

Working...
                              X