Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Originally posted by wolfman View Post
    i was just thinking...with the massive renovations to the wfsc, the massive renovations to the sully, the new coaching situation, the stars are just aligned for this uaa program! What would stop a recruit for wanting to come play for uaa? I mean, even with the budget cuts, we are extremely fortunate to have what we have to be competitive.

I was telling suze that there is absolutely no reason for people/students/alum not to show up to games. Tickets prices have been slashed and a more comfortable environment will exist at the new sully, complete with new ice, dasher boards, (new scoreboard), new glass, seats, etc. And the wfsc on campus is getting gutted and will be so nice!

Really, uaa should be a desirable school to come to! Even our other sports have new facilities! This is just an amazing time for our program. Let see some success on the ice!
    Amen!!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The palpable optimism here is an honest delight. David Tuttle will work out good in the role. Someone to do color-commentary that can do that well would be awesome too. David always provided good commentary with Kurt and I think it's real important for a quality broadcast.

The only thing Wolfman missed was the E X P A N D E D . B E E R . S E C T I O N ... so there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
        The palpable optimism here is an honest delight. David Tuttle will work out good in the role. Someone to do color-commentary that can do that well would be awesome too. David always provided good commentary with Kurt and I think it's real important for a quality broadcast.

The only thing Wolfman missed was the E X P A N D E D . B E E R . S E C T I O N ... so there's that.
        But you don't sit on that side of the arena. HA!

I think David would be great. He picks up on a lot of stuff during the game, he's very sharp with a keen eye. Nobody is ever going to replace Kurt ... but David has a passion for UAA hockey and I think he's a good fit.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Well I don't share the optimism. But I've always been a "show me" type of person.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Well I don't share the optimism. But I've always been a "show me" type of person.
            With no radio coverage of UAA Games home or away, the WCHA will want you to "show me” some more money. Up a sawbuck from last year but will get all the games you would have listened to at no cost.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I am surprised the USCHO hasn't picked up the news about Kurt moving to the Aces or getting a new assistant coach. Plus, our arena is totally being upgraded!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                I am surprised the USCHO hasn't picked up the news about Kurt moving to the Aces or getting a new assistant coach. Plus, our arena is totally being upgraded!
                If we just came off a winning season perhaps, otherwise we are not that relevant.
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  With no radio coverage of UAA Games home or away, the WCHA will want you to "show me” some more money. Up a sawbuck from last year but will get all the games you would have listened to at no cost.
                  I believe we will find a replacement, with the love and attention our program is getting back I highly doubt we won't have a radio broadcast.

UAA broadcasts it's other sports right? And surely their audience is much smaller then ours.
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                    I believe we will find a replacement, with the love and attention our program is getting back I highly doubt we won't have a radio broadcast.

UAA broadcasts it's other sports right? And surely their audience is much smaller then ours.
                    I don't know if other UAA sports are on the radio ... I know you can watch them on their website for a fee.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

UAA broadcasts it's other sports right?
                      all GNAC games are free on the website, also on the radio and some on tv

And surely their audience is much smaller then ours.
                      UAA's audience is not as large as UA_‘s as they take the cup. They include in their spectators the incarcerated that are forced to watch UA_ basketball and volleyball for chastisement.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I know this is not hockey related but we are getting some Division I transfers on our Men's/Women's Basketball teams. This leads me to think that UAA is a desirable place not just in hockey. To me that is pretty exciting. However, I really am looking for a fresh look from our hockey recruits this season.

BTW, with all of the reconstruction going on, would it be correct to say that the last thing needing re-do is the hockey locker rooms at the Sully? Or is this also being taken care of?

Comment

Also UAA fans, what are your thoughts on doing something like this to the WFSC Ice sheet: http://www.liberty.edu/campusrec/clu...D=1016&TeamID=

Do you thing something like what Liberty is doing can be done at UAA WFSC? Liberty will be a 3/4 bowl with around 3200 seats, I think we would want to enclose the WFSC practice ice for at least 4500 seats.

What do you think? Feasible to bring home games on campus?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                            Also UAA fans, what are your thoughts on doing something like this to the WFSC Ice sheet: http://www.liberty.edu/campusrec/clu...D=1016&TeamID=

Do you thing something like what Liberty is doing can be done at UAA WFSC? Liberty will be a 3/4 bowl with around 3200 seats, I think we would want to enclose the WFSC practice ice for at least 4500 seats.

What do you think? Feasible to bring home games on campus?
                            I asked someone at UAA about this and was told it is not feasible as the building is too old.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I posted a short update on my blog with information about the Sully upgrades I received today.

Comment

I wonder what made them change from Green to Red Wine?

Comment

Working...
                                X