Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
    I guess the good news for Kurt is that it's a year round position. He can ditch his job doing news for KTVA. He's definitely going to have to travel a lot more though!

Who on earth could ever fill his shoes though??

Would David Tuttle be interested?
    I suggested this the last couple times the Aces play by play position was up, but I still don't feel comfortable with the thought of Tuttle taking over. To me it seems his natural role is color commentary.

Surely there is a up and comer here in Alaska.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      I suggested this the last couple times the Aces play by play position was up, but I still don't feel comfortable with the thought of Tuttle taking over. To me it seems his natural role is color commentary.

Surely there is a up and comer here in Alaska.
      Man, I hate to see Kurt leave the Seawolves. But, this is a GREAT career move for him and I am so glad to see that he him moving to a great position with the Aces. David is a natural replacement for Kurt.

Kurt, you are a first class gentleman. I congratulate you on a great career move and wish the best for you and your family.

Comment

Play by play ain't easy. I don't know if David is versed in that art. In either case, I'm fairly certain he has an actual career outside of broadcasting but who knows. I'd guess we'll see someone other than David but I've never been much good at guessing stuff like this.

Comment

Bob and I consider Kurt a good friend, and he was kind enough to give us a heads up on this beforehand. He is a real class act, and the Aces are extremely fortunate to have him on their team. I believe two of the last three Aces play-by-play guys have gone on to work for the NHL, and if this is what Kurt wants, I hope his dream comes true. He would be great at that level.

Kurt, we SO appreciate everything you did for UAA hockey and will miss you terribly. I don't think there was a better, more professional, and nicer play-by-play guy in all of DI hockey. Thank you for your dedication for the past 19 years! I know you will still support UAA hockey in any way you can, and that you still consider yourself a UAA fan.

It's too bad that he couldn't have been hired at UAA to do a job similar to the one for the Aces.

The other thing is that KENI will no longer be broadcasting UAA hockey games, so they also need to find a station to carry them.
          Last edited by Suze; 06-16-2015, 05:38 PM.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I put a post up on my blog

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              I believe two of the last three Aces play-by-play guys have gone on to work for the NHL, and if this is what Kurt wants, I hope his dream comes true.
              You're right Suze. Two of them went to the NHL and the most recent guy, Mike Benton, hasn't yet made an announcement yet. But with five new AHL teams coming to California ---- and seeing that he's FROM there --- I suspect he'll land in one of those jobs. The Aces hired him out off Stockton when they were with the ECHL, so maybe now that they're going to the AHL, he'll go back there. Benton was okay.. but no where close to as good as Kurt!!

The other thing is that KENI will no longer be broadcasting UAA hockey games, so they also need to find a station to carry them.
              Wow. So not only are they scrambling to find a new PBP guy, but a new broadcast home as well?

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                Play by play ain't easy. I don't know if David is versed in that art. In either case, I'm fairly certain he has an actual career outside of broadcasting but who knows. I'd guess we'll see someone other than David but I've never been much good at guessing stuff like this.
                Yeah.. I don't know where Tuttle works anymore either. He was doing sports for KTVA or something like that and doing his National Guard duties.. but I don't know if he still does sports locally anywhere?

Thanks for putting a post on your blog DD!! I'll go look at it now.

Doyle has something up on Anchorage Dispatch: http://www.adn.com/article/20150616/...ew-broadcaster

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                  I am bummed that they change the colors to "red wine" and "grey" but at least it is not Yellow!
                  In Doyle's recent article about the renovation, he refers to the seats as "grey and mauve" ... Mauve?!?

Mauve - From the French form of Malva "mallow") is a pale purple color, which is named after the mallow flower.

http://www.adn.com/article/20150615/...eeded-makeover

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                    In Doyle's recent article about the renovation, he refers to the seats as "grey and mauve" ... Mauve?!?

Mauve - From the French form of Malva "mallow") is a pale purple color, which is named after the mallow flower.

http://www.adn.com/article/20150615/...eeded-makeover
                    I saw that, mauve? Too crazy. You can see the painted walls and they are wine red and gray. Not mauve. Doyle had a few other facts wrong in that article as well.
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                      Yeah.. I don't know where Tuttle works anymore either. He was doing sports for KTVA or something like that and doing his National Guard duties.. but I don't know if he still does sports locally anywhere?

Thanks for putting a post on your blog DD!! I'll go look at it now.

Doyle has something up on Anchorage Dispatch: http://www.adn.com/article/20150616/...ew-broadcaster
                      David worked with Kurt for 10 years, he is the obvious choice!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

David worked with Kurt for 10 years, he is the obvious choice!
                        Maybe the announcer for the old Alaska Wild will make a power play for the job.
                        Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 06-17-2015, 01:04 AM.
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          Maybe the announcer for the old Alaska Wild will make a power play for the job.
                          Former Aces assistant coach Louis Mass to UAA. Great choice!

http://www.goseawolves.com//ViewArti...CLID=210154390
                          Last edited by Suze; 06-17-2015, 06:35 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

picking a BGSU captain, always a great choice!
                            congrats.
                            Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post

http://www.goseawolves.com//ViewArti...CLID=210154390
                              Louie Mass runs our D? Excellent hire!
                              If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                                Louie Mass runs our D? Excellent hire!
                                I was just thinking...with the massive renovations to the WFSC, the massive renovations to the Sully, the new coaching situation, the stars are just aligned for this UAA program! What would stop a recruit for wanting to come play for UAA? I mean, even with the budget cuts, we are extremely fortunate to have what we have to be competitive.

I was telling Suze that there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for people/students/alum not to show up to games. Tickets prices have been slashed and a more comfortable environment will exist at the NEW sully, complete with new ice, dasher boards, (new scoreboard), new glass, seats, etc. And the WFSC on campus is getting GUTTED and will be so nice!

Really, UAA should be a desirable school to come to! Even our other sports have new facilities! This is just an amazing time for our program. Let see some success on the ice!

Comment

Working...
                                X