PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern Huskies 2014-15 Season Thread Part II: It Ain't over!!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

retsap71
02-27-2015, 02:05 PM
I hope this team is so mad coming out tonight

mookie1995
02-27-2015, 03:23 PM
I hope this team is so mad coming out tonight

RHSC looking like heat miser?!?!? :p

Split-N
02-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Anybody want to lay odds on Cameron Voss working tonight's game?

Thiessen'sBetter
02-27-2015, 03:48 PM

Please no. I can't watch 30 minutes of penalties tonight.

HHound
02-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Do the refs wear protective padding?

brassbonanza
02-27-2015, 04:23 PM

I strongly doubt it, he worked the second BU-ND game last weekend in addition to the Beanpot. I can't ever remember the same guy working three in a row for the same team, much less two of those being the same matchup.

northeastern
02-27-2015, 07:19 PM
Huskies look well rested.. no bull#hit reffing either..

nice bounce back thus far.. up 3-1 @ BU, in the first.
Hold fort!.. 60 minute gm.. Go Huskies!

northeastern
02-27-2015, 07:57 PM
Thanks for ruining a great gm Monday, Voss!..

Goalie chg for BU as Huskies really taking it to the Terriers thus far.. 5-2 NU in the 2nd. Let's finish strong NU, play with discipline..

northeastern
02-27-2015, 08:55 PM
NU letting emotions take over.. can't stay out of the box & letting Terriers get back into the gm.. cmon team, play smart.. under 5 mins left.

northeastern
02-27-2015, 08:57 PM
BUs top line on the PP is almost automatic.. play smart NU. Skate 5x5 & you can hang with anyone.

northeastern
02-27-2015, 09:05 PM
6-5 final, NU.
Watch the penalties team! Well.. way to earn one @ BU & bounce back from the last gm.
Nice going Keefe. Really proud of the way the team bounced back.
Way to go Huskies!

J.D.
02-27-2015, 09:15 PM
Nicely done, now do it again tomorrow

Split-N
02-27-2015, 09:22 PM
Tomorrow night will be epic! Gotta clean up the PK though. Anyway, hitting the road from DC early in the morning and driving up. Wouldn't miss it for anything.

walrus655321
02-27-2015, 09:53 PM
Hell of a win, but the sloppiness late in the periods (and throughout the third) is concerning. You have to expect bu to make a run, but NU really turtled at times.

Not sure if he was hurt or if Keefe just wanted the experience, but Sikura seemed to be glued to the bench in the third. In the first two periods 9-18-21 was a fantastic line, almost unstoppable...then in the 3rd I saw a lot of Reid or Collier with 18 and 21. What happened there? I did see Sikura on the ice for handshakes, so it's not like he was in the locker room getting treatment.

mookie1995
02-27-2015, 10:38 PM
y'all happy now? y'all are even with that waved off goal.

Split-N
02-27-2015, 11:13 PM
y'all happy now? y'all are even with that waved off goal.

Oh, the irony!!!!

RossiRules
02-28-2015, 12:57 AM
I was there tonight with SRO seats and with absolutely no NU fans in house. We dominated the 1st period but were only up 3 to 2 after one. We had them 6 to 2 and let them back in with undisciplined hockey. BU had a goal called off other wise we may have been in a tie late in the 3rd but held on to win. I will be there tomorrow night too and we need those points too. I am hoping for a deep run into the HE Tournament and perhaps a NCAA selection bid with a final Pairwise of 14 or 15. Anyway, clearly we lost on a blown call that's fine but when you haven't won in 27 years, you have to argue the call. The refs in this league and in many leagues suck, because human beings suck for this purpose, the human mind is slow to react and effected by emotion and no matter what the training will blow call after call. Madigan makes some valid points these guys are not volunteers and should be subject to criticism and peer review from, the press, administration and fans. In no career or task for which you are paid are you above being reprimanded or critiqued for your performance. JM was suspended for comments I see this issue from youth sports thru the MIAA hear in MA to he NCAA and all of the Pro leagues a tolerance of mediocrity to this endeavor. Only in America can a governing body be resolved of poor calls, instead of having its management and referees be fired and out an their asses. To that extent there is hope a s we are yet but perhaps less than a decade or 2 away from a time were refs will be replaced by robots. Yes robots and computers that can both see and analyze a call 1 million time faster than a human brain, with 100% accuracy and without emotion. NU good screwed this week because human begins in their own right are such imperfect machines. Then all the zebras in all the leagues of the word can watch the games from the comfort of an arm chair and realize how much they sucked, how useless they were and how much they were over paid in correlation to their talent.

The Zlax45
02-28-2015, 02:13 AM
I was there tonight with SRO seats and with absolutely no NU fans in house. We dominated the 1st period but were only up 3 to 2 after one. We had them 6 to 2 and let them back in with undisciplined hockey. BU had a goal called off other wise we may have been in a tie late in the 3rd but held on to win. I will be there tomorrow night too and we need those points too. I am hoping for a deep run into the HE Tournament and perhaps a NCAA selection bid with a final Pairwise of 14 or 15. Anyway, clearly we lost on a blown call that's fine but when you haven't won in 27 years, you have to argue the call. The refs in this league and in many leagues suck, because human beings suck for this purpose, the human mind is slow to react and effected by emotion and no matter what the training will blow call after call. Madigan makes some valid points these guys are not volunteers and should be subject to criticism and peer review from, the press, administration and fans. In no career or task for which you are paid are you above being reprimanded or critiqued for your performance. JM was suspended for comments I see this issue from youth sports thru the MIAA hear in MA to he NCAA and all of the Pro leagues a tolerance of mediocrity to this endeavor. Only in America can a governing body be resolved of poor calls, instead of having its management and referees be fired and out an their asses. To that extent there is hope a s we are yet but perhaps less than a decade or 2 away from a time were refs will be replaced by robots. Yes robots and computers that can both see and analyze a call 1 million time faster than a human brain, with 100% accuracy and without emotion. NU good screwed this week because human begins in their own right are such imperfect machines. Then all the zebras in all the leagues of the word can watch the games from the comfort of an arm chair and realize how much they sucked, how useless they were and how much they were over paid in correlation to their talent.

Spoken like someone that has never put on the stripes and reffed anything. I don't think Voss is a good ref at all but it is a very tough job to do even at the youth level.

TheRevengeance
02-28-2015, 02:20 AM
A lot of people have hard jobs. To steal Jimmy's example, I'm sure Obama has a hard job, but he isn't beyond reproach. I'm not sure that I'm in on the "no humans at all" idea, but I think that there should at least be a system where it isn't illegal to say that a referee did his job wrong. We can say players aren't doing what they should be, or coaches, or AD's, or anybody else, but Cam Voss is allowed to go out and call 4-5 more penalties a game than every other ref and nobody is allowed to say "Hey, maybe this guy needs to get consistent with the rest of the referees or he needs to be replaced." And nobody seems to be doing it privately behind the scenes either, since it doesn't seem to be changing. If Voss is an NHL prospect then great, get him up there and away from us as soon as possible. Him and St. Laurent would make a great duo of ineptitude.

Split-N
02-28-2015, 02:24 AM
Spoken like someone that has never put on the stripes and reffed anything. I don't think Voss is a good ref at all but it is a very tough job to do even at the youth level.

Yeah, I have to agree with Mr. Zlax although I remain furious with Voss. There actually is some accountability in the referee community (at least the part I'm familiar with) but it pretty much happens behind closed doors. That being said, I was disappointed to see that Voss was at Tsongas last night. If he shows up at Matthews.......well, I'd rather not go there.