PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern Huskies 2014-15 Season Thread Part II: It Ain't over!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Nick Papagiorgio
02-26-2015, 12:52 PM
Sounds like Madigan found some of the roids that good old Cronin left behind in the NU Coaches office.

northeastern
02-26-2015, 01:02 PM
given the atrocious call.. he was fairly reserved in this conf right after.. criticizing without criticizing?
(Bertagna has double standards & pretty thin skin that suits only himself & chosen friends)..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_YmzhXXPmM

Great, Roby & Voss can go out for a drink together & celebrate..
dopes!
(and I'm no Madigan fan this season)

brassbonanza
02-26-2015, 01:07 PM
given the atrocious call.. he was fairly reserved in this conf right after.. criticizing without criticizing?
(Bertagna has double standards & pretty thin skin that suits only himself & chosen friends)..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_YmzhXXPmM

Great, Roby & Voss can go out for a drink together & celebrate..
dopes!
(and I'm no Madigan fan this season)

Saying the league censors you is throwing them under the bus. They'll ding you for that pretty much every time. Much less a guy who was suspended once in the last year. Did you all consider that if indeed he was going to be suspended for whatever he did in Maine (which was what exactly?) the league very easily could've issued that suspension on Sunday or Monday morning for the championship game? They threw him a bone there, and he proceeded to bash them publicly a second time. Might want to consider containing his rage.

Split-N
02-26-2015, 01:12 PM
....Way to back your coach, the one YOU selected, at the first sign of adversity, Peter.

What a pathetic, dishonorable, and even cowardly response. Yes, Peter Roby, I'm talking about you and, by extension, the rest of the gutless senior administrators.

brassbonanza
02-26-2015, 01:30 PM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2015/2/26/8114227/hockey-east-suspends-northeastern-coach-jim-madigan-arguing-referees-beanpot

My take on Madigan suspension

This article presents absolutely no factual reasoning for why Madigan's suspension isn't warranted other than the time of year. Additionally, you claim not to know anything about what Madigan did in Orono, half of what his suspension was for. In fact, you go as far to say there is precedent for suspending a coach for what Madigan did. But nonetheless, it still "seems a little excessive." You also fail to mention the precedent HE has set this year in suspending players for borderline on-ice hits, clearly showing willingness to lay down punishment on questionable grounds. Madigan is a repeat offender - one game for his first violation last March, two games for two violations in two consecutive games. Nothing about this "seems a little excessive" nor does the time of year have any relevance to when a suspension should be given.

HHound
02-26-2015, 01:35 PM
The “Hockey Assassin” has reappeared. Who asked him, anyway? While Roby is kissing Buttagna, Jimmy will have to watch his own back. Clearly, the HA won’t be there. If I was a coach I'd think thrice about working for such a disloyal AD.

northeastern
02-26-2015, 01:55 PM
..Nothing about this "seems a little excessive" nor does the time of year have any relevance to when a suspension should be given.

says a Jack Parker cheerleader.. oh the irony..
:-)

brassbonanza
02-26-2015, 02:08 PM
says a Jack Parker cheerleader.. oh the irony..
:-)

Cheerleader? Not sure where you get that. Jack had his run-ins with the officiating, but he kept it on the ice (albeit quite loudly) and did not throw them and the league under the bus by saying he was censored. Using that word was the nail in Madigan's coffin. It's one thing to say to the press that you disagreed with the calls, and you thought they were wrong, but to say the league censors you is crossing the line.

nufan2001
02-26-2015, 02:11 PM
"Coach Madigan's actions are not consistent with the expectations we have for our department. We hold all members of our department to a high standard, and we expect our representatives to treat others with respect and to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner both on and off the field of competition." -Roby

Way to back your coach, the one YOU selected, at the first sign of adversity, Peter.

Wow. Infuriating. Roby, just wow. He sucks.

J.D.
02-26-2015, 02:47 PM
Well, the league DOES censor coaches. On one hand i applaud madigan for that. It irritates me that coaches can't answer questions on what they thought about a particular call...or maybe that they will get in trouble if they *gasp* publicly state they didn't agree with a call.

Split-N
02-26-2015, 03:22 PM
I'm puzzled that the media isn't up on its hind legs more than they are about this. The Beanpot is arguably the biggest college sports story of the year in Boston but they're content to run with bland releases from the league office and platitudes and non-answers at the post-game pressers?

Agganis
02-26-2015, 03:29 PM
I'm puzzled that the media isn't up on its hind legs more than they are about this. The Beanpot is arguably the biggest college sports story of the year in Boston but they're content to run with bland releases from the league office and platitudes and non-answers at the post-game pressers?

If it wasn't from the Beanpot I doubt half of the Boston outlets even covered it, college hockey doesn't generate enough clicks to justify a 3 hour long investigation to the Globe/Herald.

HHound
02-26-2015, 03:46 PM
Well, the league DOES censor coaches. On one hand i applaud madigan for that. It irritates me that coaches can't answer questions on what they thought about a particular call...or maybe that they will get in trouble if they *gasp* publicly state they didn't agree with a call.

The fact that the coaches are effectively censored is no secret. Why should the Buttagna get bent out of shape when it is mentioned by a coach as he is trying NOT to answer a provocative question about the refereeing?

As for the media's reaction: We really haven't seen much yet. Here is Jeff Cox' take.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2015/2/26/8114227/hockey-east-suspends-northeastern-coach-jim-madigan-arguing-referees-beanpot

brassbonanza
02-26-2015, 04:05 PM

What exactly do you think they should investigate in depth? Whether it was indeed a penalty? If Jim Madigan kicked Joe Bertagna's dog a few years back?

mookie1995
02-26-2015, 04:46 PM

about what?!?! coach getting the boot for 2 games? 2nd offense. first time was a game, he's probably lucky the only added 1 for the 2nd crime.

Felger
02-26-2015, 06:31 PM
"Coach Madigan's actions are not consistent with the expectations we have for our department. We hold all members of our department to a high standard, and we expect our representatives to treat others with respect and to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner both on and off the field of competition." -Roby

Way to back your coach, the one YOU selected, at the first sign of adversity, Peter.

Wow, there's some really intelligent NU logic. The coach acts like an idiot, (though I don't think he was "acting") and the AD criticizes him. So now the AD is the bad guy? According to that line of thinking, Bill Belichick never should have released Aaron Hernandez. After all he hired him, so he should stand behind him.

As I've said over on the UNH thread I want to root for you guys, I really do. I remember cheering for NU and being thrilled when Wayne Turner scored that goal back in 1980, which is more than many of the johnny-come-friggin-latelys on this thread can say. But the last couple clowns behind the bench have made that virtually impossible, and sycophants such as yourself don't help.

blackbear80
02-26-2015, 06:35 PM

I think the standard line is "I'm not allowed to comment on officiating" Sounds like censorship to me.

JM seems to be a bit of a whiner, and he has had the refs over at the bench a lot for jawboning at the games I've been to, which probably doesn't help him in cases like this one. Regardless I applaud his openness on officiating after the game. Apparently HE doesn't...

vizoroo
02-26-2015, 06:45 PM
"Censor"--the new four letter word;):rolleyes::D

steakbomb
02-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Say what you want about the call, the incident, suspension, etc. Nice to know when a guy like that has your back.

retsap71
02-26-2015, 07:34 PM
That's correct. I was trying to think back on what he did in Maine, and it was that hit that brought Saucerman down he went bananas on the refs for. I didn't see what he did to earn the misconduct at the Beanpot, but for a pair of real emotional games seems like a two-game suspension is way too much. If this is York, Parker or even maybe Quinn, hard to imagine the same penalty would be applied.

Parker HAHA. He used to throw atleast 1 hissy fit a night on the officials over calls. Never saw him get suspended.