Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onward to Boston! Friar Hockey 2014/15 Part Two

The saga continues!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    The saga continues!
    I have bad vibes about this weekend..
    Maine is 9-5-2 since January 1,
    Friars PP is MIA,
    For whatever reason opposition goalies are reincarnation of Ken Dryden,
    Peterson ND, Masterletz Umass became Hockey East defensive players of the week,
    The work effort is there but the Friars are not scoring and make glaring defensive mistakes at critical times ( the Umass GWG with 90 seconds remaining in overtime was real cheesey, horrible play by
    D and Gillies)

Comment

Re: Onward to Boston! Friar Hockey 2014/15 Part Two

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
      I have bad vibes about this weekend..
      Maine is 9-5-2 since January 1,
      Friars PP is MIA,
      For whatever reason opposition goalies are reincarnation of Ken Dryden,
      Peterson ND, Masterletz Umass became Hockey East defensive players of the week,
      The work effort is there but the Friars are not scoring and make glaring defensive mistakes at critical times ( the Umass GWG with 90 seconds remaining in overtime was real cheesey, horrible play by
      D and Gillies)
      I have bad vibes from Maine to begin with. We seem to have tough games with them no matter how both teams are playing.

BTW, totally Gillies fault that the last thread is locked.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

From HockeyEastOnline.com:
        Providence junior goaltender Jon Gillies, who is 6-0-1 all-time against Maine with a 1.55 goals-against average, will be making his 100th career start in net for the Friars when the Black Bears visit Schneider Arena for a weekend series. He has backstopped a PC defense that is sixth in the nation and first in Hockey East in scoring defense with a 2.03 goals against average. - See more at: http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...26wp.php#.dpuf
        ---------
        But he still hasn't scored any goals.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
          From HockeyEastOnline.com:
          Providence junior goaltender Jon Gillies, who is 6-0-1 all-time against Maine with a 1.55 goals-against average, will be making his 100th career start in net for the Friars when the Black Bears visit Schneider Arena for a weekend series. He has backstopped a PC defense that is sixth in the nation and first in Hockey East in scoring defense with a 2.03 goals against average. - See more at: http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...26wp.php#.dpuf
          ---------
          But he still hasn't scored any goals.
          I saw a stat before last weekend's series that PC was sixth in the nation in scoring in the second half of the season. Yea, the UConn blowout throws averages off but something is wrong with this team between the ears. The inconsistency against weak opponents is troubling to say the least.
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            I saw a stat before last weekend's series that PC was sixth in the nation in scoring in the second half of the season. Yea, the UConn blowout throws averages off but something is wrong with this team between the ears. The inconsistency against weak opponents is troubling to say the least.
            This team needs to put the puck in the net more times than its stingy defense allows the opponent to score. Simple as that. The defense has done its part. The goalie has done his part. The games are won on the ice, not in the preseason polls. HEA has proven to be a tough win this year. Six teams are competing for the 2-4 slots this weekend.

Comment

Hey Providence fans! I will be visiting your fair city for Saturday's game and would love recommendations for dinner before the game. I know Federal Hill is the local hotspot but I have never been. For those who know Boston, I am looking for a Providence equivalent of The Four's. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

I believe tonight is Jon Gillies hockey stick night, giving out a small replica goalie stick. Hopefully the crazies don't do anything bad with these other than make a lot of noise.

Saw that Friars are 7-0-1 in last eight games against Maine...scarry....

Gillies has never lost to the home state team...scarry 2...

Hope there is no law of averages here as PC needs both games especially the first one...

Maine has been playing well on the road this year compared to last year and second half have played better...they to are fighting for a decent seed and home ice for the opening round.

Friars need to get that first goal as Leaman says they seem to play much better when that happens...been a lot of playing from behind this year which is difficult for a team that struggles to score...

Hopefully a decent crowd including students (please stay for the whole game)...

Comment

Down 1-0 early

-Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Down 1-0 early
                    3-1 over the alternator theives. The second goal was ... Wait for it... Reviewed!

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

3-1 over the alternator theives. The second goal was ... Wait for it... Reviewed!
                      5-2 final. That works.

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

After watching this season all I can say is I hope Jankowski is hitting the books because he won't be making money playing hockey after PC.....he is the biggest disappointment I see ......expected more but he has not improved at all he actually got worse, 3rd line center at most......next game is also a must win for the bye

Comment

Taking care of business.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                            Taking care of business.
                            First back to back 20 win seasons since '92
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                              After watching this season all I can say is I hope Jankowski is hitting the books because he won't be making money playing hockey after PC.....he is the biggest disappointment I see ......expected more but he has not improved at all he actually got worse, 3rd line center at most......next game is also a must win for the bye
                              You can't say that about him...he is only a kid ;-)

We were saying the same thing about him tonight and he was a -1 tonight in a 5-2 win.
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                              X