Onward to Boston! Friar Hockey 2014/15 Part Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Onward to Boston! Friar Hockey 2014/15 Part Two

That Hockey East Quarterfinal series between PC and UNH, played at Schneider in March, 2013, was closely contested with Providence advancing to the HE semifinals. Had to check back at the article I wrote at the time to remember how it was that UNH earned a berth in the NCAA tourney despite losing in the HE Quarterfinals. Apparently, UNH was #8 in the Pairwise Rankings even after losing to Providence in three games.

http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/20...rney-sets.html
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
      That Hockey East Quarterfinal series between PC and UNH, played at Schneider in March, 2013, was closely contested with Providence advancing to the HE semifinals. Had to check back at the article I wrote at the time to remember how it was that UNH earned a berth in the NCAA tourney despite losing in the HE Quarterfinals. Apparently, UNH was #8 in the Pairwise Rankings even after losing to Providence in three games.

http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/20...rney-sets.html
      pc is a lock. nice article CHC

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        pc is a lock. nice article CHC
        No one is a lock if they are not in the top 5. PC loses to UNH, they have no more games to play. Other teams below them continue to play, and play against better teams. If they win, they move up, PC moves down. I will agree that PC should make the tournament, but at this point they are not a lock.

Comment

But they need to get to Garden to pave an easier road. Its up to them.
          From your lips to God's ear. Glad I checked in ... to think I almost missed out on these pearls of wisdom ...
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Good cop. Bad cop.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              Serious question, Jon ... would losing to UNH in the QF's do any damage to PC making the NCAA's?

I still think the Friars will find a way to pull this out, but the series is a lot more compelling now that it would have looked a few weeks ago. Just trying to gauge if PC will be desperate or complacent ...
              Not desperate, I don't think. But they really need to sweep. They really struggle with UNH regardless of which team is where in the standings. The sleepwalking thing is real - but that's mostly because of that non-goal scoring sieve we have right now.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Lock. Fact

Comment

Lock. Fact
                  Can they be a lock for a regional that is driveable because that would be preferable.
                  Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Any information whether Gimour wine available this weeken?

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                      Any information whether Gimour wine available this weeken?
                      From Divver over weekend

"@MarkDivver: Watched @FriarsHockey practice this morning. Both John Gilmour and Trevor Mingoia look like they'll be good to go next wkend."
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Re: Onward to Boston! Friar Hockey 2014/15 Part Two

PC is NOT a lock.
                        I think PC will get in to the NCAA's but to say they are a lock is just not accurate. If they were to be swept by UNH (unlikely) then they would be in serious trouble depending how things went for other teams. I do think this will go three games this weekend as UNH is playing well and seems to have gained momentum since their shaky start. I'm looking forward to this weekend as the teams seem to give each other fits. Should be a great weekend of hockey.

See some of you there. Bring cake or pie and I will be your friend for the game. Bring cake AND pie and you will have a friend for life!!!

Comment

The sky is green. Fact.
                          The ocean is yellow. Few know, but yes indeed, fact.
                          Math is overrated. 1+1=3. See?
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                            PC is NOT a lock.
                            I think PC will get in to the NCAA's but to say they are a lock is just not accurate. If they were to be swept by UNH (unlikely) then they would be in serious trouble depending how things went for other teams. I do think this will go three games this weekend as UNH is playing well and seems to have gained momentum since their shaky start. I'm looking forward to this weekend as the teams seem to give each other fits. Should be a great weekend of hockey.

See some of you there. Bring cake or pie and I will be your friend for the game. Bring cake AND pie and you will have a friend for life!!!
                            "You should always have punch and pie."
                            -Eric Cartman

I can't see PC hockey at any point being a lock for the NCAA's at any point. I can't conceive of them ever taking UNH for granted so there's that to hang our hats on. They need to make to the Gah-den to make us confident about an NCAA bid.

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                              From Divver over weekend

"@MarkDivver: Watched @FriarsHockey practice this morning. Both John Gilmour and Trevor Mingoia look like they'll be good to go next wkend."
                              Thanks for the update Cav. With the help of God, they will both have several multi-point games this weekend. Thought Monk played well when Gilmour was out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                "You should always have punch and pie."
                                -Eric Cartman

I can't see PC hockey at any point being a lock for the NCAA's at any point. I can't conceive of them ever taking UNH for granted so there's that to hang our hats on. They need to make to the Gah-den to make us confident about an NCAA bid.
                                Jon, there are therapists who can help you move from an alternator inspired sense of impending doom to a more rose colored outlook. Just saying...

Even if the games are at the place known as The Coffin.

Comment

Working...
                                X