Onward to Boston! Friar Hockey 2014/15 Part Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Onward to Boston! Friar Hockey 2014/15 Part Two

Bob Driscoll has no idea who Mark Jankowski is.
    https://twitter.com/PCBobDriscoll/st...22885652619264
    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

So people will stop whining about 1) the major penalty that led to the go ahead goal against DU and 2) the NCAA putting PC in Providence instead of Fargo at some point right? Or maybe I just ignore Twitter like I should.

Man, what a bunch of irritating crybabies American sports fans are. Present company excepted. You guys are grand.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
        He probably thinks Pooley is still on the staff

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
          So people will stop whining about 1) the major penalty that led to the go ahead goal against DU and 2) the NCAA putting PC in Providence instead of Fargo at some point right? Or maybe I just ignore Twitter like I should.

Man, what a bunch of irritating crybabies American sports fans are. Present company excepted. You guys are grand.
          I stopped whining long ago.

Comment

Speaking of whining, there will be some Friar fans whining tonight as notices have been sent that ticket orders will not be filled. I know some long, long time season ticket holders who were shut out. It will be interesting to see who got tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
              Speaking of whining, there will be some Friar fans whining tonight as notices have been sent that ticket orders will not be filled. I know some long, long time season ticket holders who were shut out. It will be interesting to see who got tickets.
              I thought they did it the most fair way...got to keep the donors happy to continue to bring in the money!
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

buy tickets out front very reasonable day of game. guaranteed better pricing than anything you see onlinr

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                  Read the BU thread if you want to hear about this...we addressed and resolved this almost a week ago. There just aren't that many tickets to go around...each school gets 600 and apparently FROM THAT they have to give to the players, etc. Bottom line is there were only 400 left when they started distributing to fans, and I have heard the actual number that went to fans was under 100 in BU's case. This is not a rant, it's just reality. In 2009 when BU went to DC, they were given Vermont's tickets AND Bemidji State's (who didn't sell many); that's why they had so many. This is the exact opposite...with TWO Hockey East teams and the tournament in Boston, all of those people who have "declined" other years are not going to decline this year. You can argue that each school should receive more than 600, but that's another argument for another day. The way it stands now and given the current allotment, there are going to be many disappointed fans.

Comment

I know someone who works in the athletic dept at PC and driscoll spent about 10 minutes total at the hockey games this year. Doesn't surprise me that he confuses Gillies with Jankowski ( they're both tall). He says he's a hockey guy, but treats the hockey program as a step-child. Too bad. Though he's basking in it now.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                      I know someone who works in the athletic dept at PC and driscoll spent about 10 minutes total at the hockey games this year. Doesn't surprise me that he confuses Gillies with Jankowski ( they're both tall). He says he's a hockey guy, but treats the hockey program as a step-child. Too bad. Though he's basking in it now.
                      That sounds about right, I think I might have seen him at one game all year.

Comment

• Originally posted by dillon View Post
                        I saw him last season on the PC bench a couple of times late in games...this year not so much
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by dillon View Post
                          thats not true. saw at most games, including on the road

Hulbig was at most as well, including hosting some very nice events, such as Ohio State

dept has a nice presence. there but not over the top

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            thats not true. saw at most games, including on the road

Hulbig was at most as well, including hosting some very nice events, such as Ohio State

dept has a nice presence. there but not over the top
                            is it asking too much to not confuse Mark Jankowski with Jon Gillies/John Gilmour, though?
                            Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

is it asking too much to not confuse Mark Jankowski with Jon Gillies/John Gilmour, though?
                              I will tell you what, when I looked at the picture it was slightly confusing. Jankowski hair was shorter than usual. I can see how you could have mistaken it for Gillies. Obviously he knows the difference. Cant have it both ways. He hired the HC of hockey and basketball. End of day, tough to argue with the trends of both programs.

Comment

I give Driscoll credit for hiring Leaman. He doesn't have a clue as to how to promote or generate interest in the hockey team, though. I'm a season ticket holder and got used to arriving 15 minutes before game time and being greeted by a sea of empty seats. This is in a town that draws about 9,000 to every Prov Bruins game. I always thought PC should play a couple of games a year at the Dunk, like BC and BU, and promote the games to P-Bruins fans. They are already hockey fans, so it shouldn't be hard to attract them to the college game. I sort of gave up on student support.

Comment

Working...
                                X