Onward to Boston! Friar Hockey 2014/15 Part Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Onward to Boston! Friar Hockey 2014/15 Part Two

At the start of the season it was get in the tourny and be home. They are now there. Time to win a couple games in a row. It's a new season. Good Luck PC

Comment

Train tickets and game tickets purchased...see y'all in Providence.
      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Is it legit?

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
          Is it legit?
          yes. I just bought. the link takes you to ticketmaster.
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

FYI, the livingsocial deal includes a ticketmaster fee and by the time you are finished, it is only ten dollars less than PC's ticket package with MUCH worse seats.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
              Is it legit?
              Yes, they are just a competitor of Groupon

Comment

Does the ticket package from PC or this other site cover both days?

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                  Does the ticket package from PC or this other site cover both days?
                  The package from PC is for the ENTIRE regional so both days...LivingSocial only has the full package up now but says as the event gets closer, that single day tickets will go up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    FYI, the livingsocial deal includes a ticketmaster fee and by the time you are finished, it is only ten dollars less than PC's ticket package with MUCH worse seats.
                    Buying tickets via PC webpage, you have no idea where you are sitting until game day. From the PC webpage:

Tickets will be able to be picked up from the Providence College representatives on gameday at the Dunkin Donuts Center. If we are able to provide additional pick up times, we will let you know. Thanks!

I purchased my tickets via Living Social, already printed them and sitting close to center ice, 4 rows in the upper section. Perfect since the sight lines su*k in the lower bowl. So the Living Social tickets are NOT "MUCH" worse, maybe actually better and $10 cheaper and I know where I'm sitting before I enter the Dunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                      Buying tickets via PC webpage, you have no idea where you are sitting until game day. From the PC webpage:

Tickets will be able to be picked up from the Providence College representatives on gameday at the Dunkin Donuts Center. If we are able to provide additional pick up times, we will let you know. Thanks!

I purchased my tickets via Living Social, already printed them and sitting close to center ice, 4 rows in the upper section. Perfect since the sight lines su*k in the lower bowl. So the Living Social tickets are NOT "MUCH" worse, maybe actually better and $10 cheaper and I know where I'm sitting before I enter the Dunk.
                      Pretty sure the PC tickets are likely one of the four corners like most arenas do with fan sections...

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post

lower bowl tickets for fine for when mookie was there to see Journey. had no issues seeing that little asian guy jumping around on stage
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post

I think you're close to me...but I feel like seats are going to be a free-for-all.

Comment

Never seen a hockey game at the Dunk. Usually corners give one a better view of the entire ice.

Comment

Since some posters are complaining about PC getting a home game, it got me thinking about how many times PC has played at the Dunk. It seems to me it has been relatively few and other than HEA in 1985, it hasn't always been pretty. I remember a game against the 84 US Olympic team (or was it 88?) a couple (?) of regular season games against Brown in the he late 80's, and the coffeepot games.

Does anyone have an accurate history?
                              Last edited by The Freds; 03-23-2015, 06:14 AM.

Comment

I missed the debacle against Merrimack in 20044 are the Dunk, but there was a very enjoyable 5-4 win over Clarkson from that year or the one before.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X