Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
    Might as well keep "MGM" going and do Mitchell-Golberg-Miller/Mikowski

Also, what happened to Schuler this season? Got hurt in January?
    Continued symptoms from a concussion suffered in the '13-'14 season.
    John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
    NCAA DII - 1983
    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
      Matt Garbowsky has signed with the Amerks and will join them for the remainder of the season: http://amerks.com/newsX.asp?type=News&aID=1261
      Fun fact: Matt Garbowsky will become only the 10th Tiger to ever play in the AHL by my count. I was bored recently and compiled a list for the fun of it (and yes, I do find that kind of thing fun). If someone can name all of them without looking it up, they would get so many Tiger Fan Points (or TFP, which unfortunately has not yet been accepted as a legitimate virtual currency). 2 of the 10 played for RIT during the D-III days.

Give up? Well, just in case you're planning on competing in a Tiger hockey quiz show of some sort, here's the list (in order of games played): Steve Pinizzotto, Chris Tanev, Bobby Raymond, Dan Ringwald, Chris Palmer, Tyler Brenner, Cameron Burt, Jared DeMichiel, Todd Person, and of course Matt Garbowsky. My favorite stat? In 360 AHL games, Pinner has 761 PIM. Fantastic.

Comment

• Just listened to this weeks pod cast of USCHO Live!, and found Paula Westons comments about the Tigers in South Bend last weekend interesting. In her words, the Tigers were "relentless" in both games, and that even when they were down late in the game against UNO, they just didn't stop. I found it interesting because that is what many of us noted early in the season when the wins weren't coming at the pace we all wanted. At least the Tigers weren't giving up like they sometimes did the last couple seasons. Really, except for the stinker in the first game against Army, they pretty much busted butt throughout the season.

For those of you who haven't taken advantage of the USCHO Live! podcast, you should because it's a great opportunity to get a view of DI Hockey outside of Rochester and the AHA. That, plus Ed does a great job. Where do you find the time?
        John Nabors

NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
        NCAA DII - 1983

Comment

• Found an update on Austin Wright. Sounds like he was recruited by Niagara as well as RIT. Also sounds like he might end up in the AJHL with the Brooks Bandits for his final Jr season.

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2015/01/22/canucks-captain-has-wright-stuff
          John Nabors

NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
          NCAA DII - 1983

Comment

Originally posted by kwh7433 View Post
            Hey look maybe he's coming around...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...154937183.html

I don't mind being ranked 8th out of the elite 8 teams.
            Easily the worst hockey writer around. Lazy, doesn't do his homework and basically gets attention by insulting people. Lives in his mom's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
              For those of you who haven't taken advantage of the USCHO Live! podcast, you should because it's a great opportunity to get a view of DI Hockey outside of Rochester and the AHA. That, plus Ed does a great job. Where do you find the time?
              I just give up sleep from October to April! Thanks for the kind words. It's a lot of fun to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
                Lives in his mom's basement.
                Well, I don't know about that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Haaafs View Post
                  Fun fact: Matt Garbowsky will become only the 10th Tiger to ever play in the AHL by my count. I was bored recently and compiled a list for the fun of it (and yes, I do find that kind of thing fun). If someone can name all of them without looking it up, they would get so many Tiger Fan Points (or TFP, which unfortunately has not yet been accepted as a legitimate virtual currency). 2 of the 10 played for RIT during the D-III days.

Give up? Well, just in case you're planning on competing in a Tiger hockey quiz show of some sort, here's the list (in order of games played): Steve Pinizzotto, Chris Tanev, Bobby Raymond, Dan Ringwald, Chris Palmer, Tyler Brenner, Cameron Burt, Jared DeMichiel, Todd Person, and of course Matt Garbowsky. My favorite stat? In 360 AHL games, Pinner has 761 PIM. Fantastic.
                  I was going to add Dave Burkholder but upon looking it up, it turns out he played with the Amerks only for their exhibition season in 1984.

Comment

Well, I don't know about that part.
                    I'm trying to be as accurate as he usually is. I have a limited notion of him, but what the hell, I'm going to jump to all sorts of conclusions - kind of the way he does with Atlantic Hockey.

Comment

Ed and the USCHO podcast will be live, appearing for four days only, from Boston during the Frozen Four. And I will probably end up again being his roadie and fill-in guest when someone more important fails to show up on time. WITR listeners know full well that Ed (and Scott) and I can yammer endlessly on college hockey.

I have been assigned by USCHO to cover North Dakota in Boston, which is the hardest of the four teams because I can't fall back on a nickname and must just refer to the team over and over as just "North Dakota".

And yes, Paula Weston was blown away by RIT's intensity. Was raving about that to Ed and me in the pressbox. She Tweeted something like, "It looks like RIT's pregame meal consisted of caffeine and pop rocks."

Comment

With all the signings right after seasons end, it made me wonder about graduation rates among seniors. Obviously, when players sign as Junior, they're not graduating. But what about players like Garbowsky who start playing right away? There's still a month and a half of classes left. How does that work?

RIT Hockey FB Group
                        Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
                          With all the signings right after seasons end, it made me wonder about graduation rates among seniors. Obviously, when players sign as Junior, they're not graduating. But what about players like Garbowsky who start playing right away? There's still a month and a half of classes left. How does that work?
                          Garbo said in his first post-practice interview that he's got just one class left (which I assume he's taking now). He indicated that the need to finish the class had nothing to do with his choosing the Amerks, and that no matter where he signed he'd manage a way to get the work done.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                            Garbo said in his first post-practice interview that he's got just one class left (which I assume he's taking now). He indicated that the need to finish the class had nothing to do with his choosing the Amerks, and that no matter where he signed he'd manage a way to get the work done.
                            Video: http://www.amerks.com/newsX.asp?type=News&aID=1263

Transcript (by me):

Q: Education factor in at all, where you're at, studies-wise, or...?

A: Uh.... Not really, I mean I only have one class and I know I can juggle that pretty easily, so, uh, you know, it's kinda open and that.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
                              I'm trying to be as accurate as he usually is. I have a limited notion of him, but what the hell, I'm going to jump to all sorts of conclusions - kind of the way he does with Atlantic Hockey.
                              OK. In that case he has an MBI* of .793.

*Mom's basement index

Comment

I just give up sleep from October to April! Thanks for the kind words. It's a lot of fun to do.
                                Does that mean you hibernate from May to September?
                                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule
                                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                                X