>>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
    So I'm going to a hockey get together with multiple games to be streamed and shown on the wall...I see there's a stream of tonight's game through Eversport (for $10(!)). I'd DVR it and watch it later, but I won't be home in time to know if there's a game 3 to go to/watch. Anyone go through Eversport before? Is it trustworthy, at least?
    Yep, I have used it and it's a good alternative to being there. They show the video board feeds and WITR audio.
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

Proud of this team, the senior leadership, and the coaching staff this year. Not sure how many of us in the beginning of the season thought we'd be going to the BCA. Looks like we will be facing Canisius. Go Tigers!
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Pulling the goaltender with 9:00 left, down by 3 on a 5x5 play was one of the more "interesting" calls I have seen.
        RIT Tiger Hockey
        Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

Originally posted by dpm105 View Post
          Pulling the goaltender with 9:00 left, down by 3 on a 5x5 play was one of the more "interesting" calls I have seen.
          They had nothing to lose. And it almost worked.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by dpm105 View Post
            Was there live tonight, great crowd, electric atmosphere and it was the loudest Ive heard it this season. RIT played ferociously is the best I can describe it. Once RIT was up and Air Force had to abandon their pack it in style and play wide open, it was clear who the dominant team was. We blocked so many shots. But yes, Air Force certainly tried everything to get back in it pulling the goalie that early. You get a goal and get right back in it, its a "decent" move but when you are playing a team that has the speed its a poor decision. Yeah they got two goals but so did we, extremely easy ones at that. All in all this team is looking tough! Look forward to the BCA!

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Powers &8^]
              Not really. They really werent close to scoring then we got the empty netter. They only scored when we were down 6 on 4, a lucky wrap around at that.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Powers &8^]
                ...except the game. How did it almost work when their only EAG was on the power play 5 minutes later, and after already giving up an empty netter.

Must have 0 confidence in your team's ability to score to pull the goaltender like that without it being on a power play.
                RIT Tiger Hockey
                Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

Powers &8^]
                  Almost worked? I'm not sure we watched the same game, because they gave up as many ENG as they scored. And one of their scores was on the PP which very well could have happened 5v4.
                  RIT

Comment

Originally posted by dpm105 View Post
                    ...except the game. How did it almost work when their only EAG was on the power play 5 minutes later, and after already giving up an empty netter.

Must have 0 confidence in your team's ability to score to pull the goaltender like that without it being on a power play.
                    Losing the game meant that their season was over. In a regular season game, there is no way you make that call. With the season on the line, I think it was the right call. Considering up to that point they had scored 2 goals over the weekend, they had to try something. If they get a quick one - and they had some good pressure for a bit where all RIT could do was ice the puck before the got the empty netter, then you put the goalie back in net for a bit.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                      Losing the game meant that their season was over. In a regular season game, there is no way you make that call. With the season on the line, I think it was the right call. Considering up to that point they had scored 2 goals over the weekend, they had to try something. If they get a quick one - and they had some good pressure for a bit where all RIT could do was ice the puck before the got the empty netter, then you put the goalie back in net for a bit.
                      Yeah I just don't buy it. Down 3 goals with 9 minutes left is a bad spot to be in, but it's certainly not insurmountable. Worse teams than Air Force have come back from situations like that. By pulling the goalie you are taking too much of a chance. Garbowsky is one of the nation's best faceoff men...do you really want to pull the goalie when Garbo is taking the draw? There's like a 60% chance he wins that faceoff and RIT gets the puck out - likely for a score.

As it was they were never able to get any closer, because both their 6-man advantage goals came AFTER we scored on their empty net...all they did was continue to be too far back to be any threat. Pull the goalie earlier than normal - sure. Maybe 3-4 minutes...but not half way through the period.
                      RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                        Almost worked? I'm not sure we watched the same game, because they gave up as many ENG as they scored. And one of their scores was on the PP which very well could have happened 5v4.
                        My point is that Air Force did get some pressure 6-on-5 after pulling Truehl. Keep in mind that first ENG was pure luck, as Mitchell was just trying to clear the puck and it took a lucky carom off the boards. It could just as easily have been Air Force getting the puck in the net to close the gap to 2.

Powers &8^]

Comment

My point is that Air Force did get some pressure 6-on-5 after pulling Truehl. Keep in mind that first ENG was pure luck, as Mitchell was just trying to clear the puck and it took a lucky carom off the boards. It could just as easily have been Air Force getting the puck in the net to close the gap to 2.

Powers &8^]
                          If Air Force had got one early after pulling the goalie, they could bring their goalie back and play normal five on five for a couple minutes and see if that gets them momentum.

Comment

So, now the question is...(since we all know that AFA's move of pulling their goalie so early ended as a failure).who do you start in goal on Friday if both goalies are healthy?
                            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                              So, now the question is...(since we all know that AFA's move of pulling their goalie so early ended as a failure).who do you start in goal on Friday if both goalies are healthy?
                              This is a tough one for sure. Ruby was great on Friday and may have won us the game. 3 goals on 25 shots Saturday was less good, but he still backstopped us to a sweep. I feel like Wilson will start him on Friday - I'm not sure if I agree or not with that decision.
                              RIT

Comment

I'm inclined to go to Ruby. Aside from the 2 garbage time goals Saturday, he was outstanding against a team that has been our nemesis.

Comment

Working...
                                X