Harvard Crimson 2014-2015: Restoring the Karma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvard Crimson 2014-2015: Restoring the Karma

Hey gang. Someone closed down our old thread. Perhaps it was USCHO? Or maybe someone who felt the karma from 2013-2014 went south? Not sure what happened but I decided to start another one in the hopes that we get a first round bye with a great weekend coming up.

Re: Harvard Crimson 2014-2015: Restoring the Karma

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
    Hey gang. Someone closed down our old thread. Perhaps it was USCHO? Or maybe someone who felt the karma from 2013-2014 went south? Not sure what happened but I decided to start another one in the hopes that we get a first round bye with a great weekend coming up.
    It's perhaps just as well, that thread also had references to Harvard at Pairwise #1 seed and Beanpot favorite, so it's probably not a bad idea to have a clear break.

A couple of games this weekend for ECAC position, and I'll be there. Two wins means the bye, anything else it depends on others. In the event of a tie around 4th, we have the head to head vs. Dartmouth and Colgate, but not Yale or Cornell, as I recall. As for the NCAA tournament, it seems to me the Crimson will have to win nearly all of their games through Lake Placid to inch their way back up to a sufficient Pairwise #14 or #13, since of course they are all vs. ECAC teams. I have to think that beating Qunnipiac twice would really help!
    Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 02-25-2015, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Forget "Karma."
      Its time to "Take Care of Business"
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9-R9S1m4dA
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

It hit the page/post limit which is definitely a 1st here for a Harvard thread. But either way, maybe it was time to shake up the karma. Let's hope the Harvard Hares make a good appearance this weekend - we need any boost we can get.
        Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
        Go Crimson!

Comment

2 wins this weekend yields the bye and some upward mobility in the PWR.

Harvard likely will be ina situation where they will need to advance to the ECAC championship and beat the highest ranked competition to get there and also be rooting for all of the highest PWR teams in other conferences to win their respective tourneys.

Personally, Harvard winning the ECAC tourney would suit me just fine. There are certainly some teams that a Harvard matches up well with (Quinny, Colgate, Dartmouth) and others that it does not (SLU and Yale).

Here is to Harvard controlling its destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
            2 wins this weekend yields the bye and some upward mobility in the PWR.

Harvard likely will be ina situation where they will need to advance to the ECAC championship and beat the highest ranked competition to get there and also be rooting for all of the highest PWR teams in other conferences to win their respective tourneys.

Personally, Harvard winning the ECAC tourney would suit me just fine. There are certainly some teams that a Harvard matches up well with (Quinny, Colgate, Dartmouth) and others that it does not (SLU and Yale).

Here is to Harvard controlling its destiny.
            Harvard winning should help us, so please, please win. You have to win to get us a shot at sharing the Cleary cup and it would be good to get a minimum of 3 ECAC teams into the dance.

It is interesting how this season we owned Harvard, Harvard owned Colgate and Colgate owned us. It is a lot like the late 80's when Vermont owned Harvard, Harvard owned us and we owned Vermont.
            9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
            1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
              Harvard winning should help us, so please, please win. You have to win to get us a shot at sharing the Cleary cup and it would be good to get a minimum of 3 ECAC teams into the dance.

It is interesting how this season we owned Harvard, Harvard owned Colgate and Colgate owned us. It is a lot like the late 80's when Vermont owned Harvard, Harvard owned us and we owned Vermont.
              I went back and checked the records. From '86 through '90, we were 5-2 against Vermont. How is it that they owned us exactly?

Comment

I went back and checked the records. From '86 through '90, we were 5-2 against Vermont. How is it that they owned us exactly?
                That can't be right. One of their victories though was in the 1989 ECAC Semifinal in the Garden while we beat Cornell in the other. You should have made me a bet, because my memory was clear until now that Vermont had a number of key wins over Harvard from about 86 to 89.

Comment

That can't be right. One of their victories though was in the 1989 ECAC Semifinal in the Garden while we beat Cornell in the other. You should have made me a bet, because my memory was clear until now that Vermont had a number of key wins over Harvard from about 86 to 89.
                  I believe that HarvArd's only losses that year were to Vermont, Yale, and can't remember the last.

I also believe that year is when Sports Illuatrated did the piece on Harvard (prior to NCAA) about the Harvard fans went up to SLU and were very loud and cheered Harvard on to victory. I think it was #1 vs #2 or #2 vs #3.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XCWQoZCgWI

Push for a student section this weekend.
                    Last edited by alslammerz; 02-26-2015, 07:37 PM.
                    Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                    Go Crimson!

Comment

I believe that HarvArd's only losses that year were to Vermont, Yale, and can't remember the last.

I also believe that year is when Sports Illuatrated did the piece on Harvard (prior to NCAA) about the Harvard fans went up to SLU and were very loud and cheered Harvard on to victory. I think it was #1 vs #2 or #2 vs #3.
                      That I remember for sure. It was #1 SLU versus #4 Harvard. SLU was 16-0. I am not sure we touched the puck or Lane MacDonald. We lost 4-1 and at that point was just mesmerized by how well Harvard was skating. We lost 3 in a row, and then righted the ship. Hammered Yale in the ECAC quarterfinals, beat Cornell 6-1 in the semis and beat Vermont 4-1 in the championship all to earn the privilege of playing Curtis Joseph in the NCAA's.

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XCWQoZCgWI
                        Thanks for sending this .... I posted to LinkedIn Harvard Alumni Sites (~30,000). Don't know if it will do any good. I thought that the Harvard student turnout at the Union game was much improved over previous years and your band was there in force. Two of my kids are also Harvard alumni and I am asking them to post on their facebook pages ..... I bet Harvard could also get a lot more support from the locals especially if it visibly supported local youth hockey programs (free admission, on ice intermission contests, hosting championship games). Union does some of that. Should be a great game .... two excellent teams. Would be great if both can make the F4 along with (select only two) Yale, St. Lawrence and Colgate.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Looks like Michalek, Everson, and McNally will all be appealing after this season to get that year of eligibility back. This will be a very interesting story to follow during the offseason.

If they are back, Wow!

Comment

Looks like Michalek, Everson, and McNally will all be appealing after this season to get that year of eligibility back. This will be a very interesting story to follow during the offseason.

If they are back, Wow!
                            How many games have reached miss this season? You can't appeal based on seasons prior to current can you?

Comment

How many games have reached miss this season? You can't appeal based on seasons prior to current can you?
                              This is for last season. All were forced to sit out because of smith debated academic integrity issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X