Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harvard Crimson 2014-2015: Restoring the Karma

Originally posted by bothman View Post
    Harvard at #15 in the PWR. A few things did not break Harvard's way such as Quinnipiac coming back against Union and Bowling Green winning in OT.

Has anyone seen where Harvard will be in the PWR if they can win tonight?
    If Harvard wins tonight and all other favorites win, Harvard will be #14 in PWR. If some funky things happen, Harvard can rise to high as #10.

Comment

Hardest game to win is one that ends a team's season. Guys need to come out strong. Yale will be playing desperate hockey.

Comment

Hardest game to win is one that ends a team's season. Guys need to come out strong. Yale will be playing desperate hockey.
        You can say that again. Couldn't buy a goal tonight. Two posts in the third period. And a bagel on on the PP. Tough, emotional game. We'll see how the boys respond tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
          You can say that again. Couldn't buy a goal tonight. Two posts in the third period. And a bagel on on the PP. Tough, emotional game. We'll see how the boys respond tomorrow.
          Lyon 1, Harvard 0. Like our chances tomorrow. Harvard had better of play!
          Last edited by bothman; 03-14-2015, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Harvard had better of play!
            I would say the ice is slowly tilting Yale's way. Lyon was the difference , no doubt, and his crossbar.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              I would say the ice is slowly tilting Yale's way. Lyon was the difference , no doubt, and his crossbar.
              We'll see...

Comment

nice W, way to go.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                  We'll see...
                  Well I'll be darned. Now time to face Quinnipiac on the Olympic sheet.
                  Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                  Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
                    Well I'll be darned. Now time to face Quinnipiac on the Olympic sheet.
                    Congrats. Gutsy win that doesn't surprise. I made the point that Vesey is better offensively than anyone on Yale is defensively. Q will have a tough opponent on Friday. Unfortunately, so will we! Racehorse hockey is coming to LP!
                    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2014-2015: Restoring the Karma

Great to see. Congrats from a former K House Resident Gov Tutor and veteran of I and G Entries.

Even sweeter that it was in New Haven, in the deciding game and in the 2nd OT. Keep it going...

Comment

I'm totally drained. What a weekend. Between the men's b-ball game and this series, wow. Yale won't soon forget how this season ended for either b-ball or hockey.

I was scared silly that after not scoring on the five minute major PP, we would somehow lose in the second OT. But Vesey came through big time as he has all season. Our PP will need to be much better against Quinnipiac. We can't afford to miss out on those opportunities.

Fortunately Quinnipiac had to play a tough three game series against Union and apparently Anas, one of their better players, got hurt yesterday so he may or may not be available on Friday. Regardless, we need to bring our "A" game to beat them. They did a number on us at Bright-Landry so I'm sure the coaching staff will have plenty to clips to show the team what they need to do to come away with a "W".

Given the upsets in HE, where do we stand at Pairwise? I'm guessing we have to win Friday to get in? Or win the tournament?

Comment

Lake Placid. For a while, I was thinking we'd stay at the Northwoods Inn, but the reviews are really consistently bad. I am looking at the Crowne Plaza now, which looks quite nice. Any other recommendations in the immediate vicinity? Just me and the kids.

And how about Olympic sites or other activities, particularly for the kids? Not sure we're quite ready for the bodsled run. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                            Lake Placid. For a while, I was thinking we'd stay at the Northwoods Inn, but the reviews are really consistently bad. I am looking at the Crowne Plaza now, which looks quite nice. Any other recommendations in the immediate vicinity? Just me and the kids.

And how about Olympic sites or other activities, particularly for the kids? Not sure we're quite ready for the bodsled run. Thanks!
                            I just cancelled my reservations at the Marriott ..... also, if you keep calling them or check on line.
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

[QUOTE=Skate79;6126597Given the upsets in HE, where do we stand at Pairwise? I'm guessing we have to win Friday to get in? Or win the tournament?[/QUOTE] According to the pairwise calcualtor, all things being equal, which they never are, under any scenario, you have to win the tournament. Even if you beat Q, if you then lose to Colgate or St. Lawrence you end up 16th which means your out.

Question - with the depth that Harvard has, it seems that you do not give your stars much of a rest. It feels like other teams are making line changes left and right but Harvard is resting its top two lines much less than other teams do. Any thoughts on this? I would think that you would be rolling 4 lines fairly evenly.
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post

Olympic museum is nice though it won't eat up a lot of your time.
                                Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                                Go Crimson!

Comment

Working...
                                X