Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2014-2015: Restoring the Karma

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    Skill yes, speed I think Harvard is the 3rd fastest team there behind SLU and Colgate. Three of the teams have a key player with a bad wheel where bigger ice may hurt if they can't move laterally or as quickly (McNally, Goulakos and Anas). I think there will be racehorse hockey this weekend that should be very fun to watch.
    BTW Anas is officially out for the ECAC playoffs and doubtful for the NCAA's if they make it.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Less than 36 hours to get your picks in. Must be in by 4PM Friday.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...00#post6129100
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
        Skill yes, speed I think Harvard is the 3rd fastest team there behind SLU and Colgate. Three of the teams have a key player with a bad wheel where bigger ice may hurt if they can't move laterally or as quickly (McNally, Goulakos and Anas). I think there will be racehorse hockey this weekend that should be very fun to watch.
        We're faster than Colgate and proved it twice already this season. They had major trouble keeping up with us. SLU is faster than the Crimson and they have an excellent goalie. I'm pushing for Colgate to knock them off but I don't think it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
          Has anyone thought about the big ice that Lake Placid offers? I have to believe that this will play to Harvard's advantage, given their skill and speed. The forwards should have more room to maneuver and McNally should find more time to thread the passes and QB the break out.
          I've thought about it. In the nineties, we lost to Brown in the semis in '93, then beat them the following season and won the tournament at LP. I do think this Crimson squad will have the upper hand but only if we face Colgate. The Bobcats have speed and can use the wide surface to their advantage as well. I expect SLU will do the same to Colgate. Should be a fun weekend nonetheless.

And congrats to Jimmy Vesey for being selected as a Top Ten Hobey candidate. Two candidates from the ECAC, only one from HE.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
            We're faster than Colgate and proved it twice already this season. They had major trouble keeping up with us. SLU is faster than the Crimson and they have an excellent goalie. I'm pushing for Colgate to knock them off but I don't think it will happen.
            Colgate is very fast. I don't think they show their speed against all opponents but the Colgate game at SLU was blisteringly fast. Don Vaughan said it was the fastest college hockey game he has ever seen. I think we were faster, but they kept pace. Personally, I think the big ice will be less of a factor than officiating. If our PP and PK can be effective, I like our chances. If not, it could end up being a lot like CU at SLU that was a one goal game with an empty netter with very equal chances.
            9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
            1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Still looking for 21 contestants to get your picks in. You have until 4 PM today.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2015

brainof23
              Brett Gobe
              Sullivan/Owens
              Bucky Dutchman
              cornellgradyalefan
              cudmud
              DownOnThe Farm
              drewcu
              Dutchman
              goblue78
              Got 6, Want More
              johnk
              Mike Hutter
              red133883
              redrocker
              Richter547
              rsfs04
              slu fan
              TchrBill
              Yale86
              yalehockeyfan
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Anyone know of any get-togethers to watch today's game in the Boston area? I don't have cable but would love to see the game.

Comment

Wow, what a period. Long way to go but a great start!

Comment

Well that stunk big time. What a meltdown. That shorthanded goal was ridiculous - completely changed the game. Michalek doesn't look good at this point. We are going to have to have a major shift in momentum if we are to win this game. I fear the worst at this point.

Comment

I don't like the way the team handles leads in the first place. This one is special, second game in a row that Michalek didn't know where a rebound was, seconds after the fact.

Comment

Harvard has become automatic when reaching the ECAC semis. They have won their last eight semifinal appearances (2002-2006, 2008, 2012, 2015).

Comment

Originally posted by Thisisahockeywebsite View Post
                          I don't like the way the team handles leads in the first place. This one is special, second game in a row that Michalek didn't know where a rebound was, seconds after the fact.
                          Your goaltending has been shaky all season. Harvard's best goaltender is going to be playing in Minnesota tonight.
                          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                          7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                            Your goaltending has been shaky all season. Harvard's best goaltender is going to be playing in Minnesota tonight.
                            You have no idea what you are talking about. Michalek saved our bacon early in the season against BU and UML. And Quinnipiac at their place. And last weekend, he was immense. Save your trolling for some other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Thisisahockeywebsite View Post
                              Normally, we are actually pretty good with a lead. I think today the shortie that the Bobcats scored changed the tenor of the game. The second goal made it closer than it should have been. Really, if we played our game, we would have blown them out of the building.

Comment

We are #11 in the Pairwise after tonight's results so far. I still say that even if we don't win tomorrow, we still should be in. We'll see...

Comment

Working...
                                X