PDA

View Full Version : Paul Stewart, ECAC Director of Officiating, well, read for yourself...

Got 6, Want More
02-25-2015, 12:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/eric-lindros-files--3-million-defamation-lawsuit-against-former-nhl-ref-paul-stewart-181150020.html

pinch
02-25-2015, 01:54 PM
I'm surprised Eric's dad didn't file the suit.

Got 6, Want More
02-25-2015, 04:01 PM
I think Paul Stewart bolted last year for the KHL Director of Officiating, but his legacy remains. The article should be titled "When egos collide".

LTsatch
02-25-2015, 07:54 PM
I think Paul Stewart bolted last year for the KHL Director of Officiating, but his legacy remains. The article should be titled "When egos collide".

Unfortunately we still have Stewie in the ECAC. He also is the Chairman of the KHL Officiating Evaluation and Discipline Committees.

Chuck Murray
02-25-2015, 07:59 PM
I'd write what I really think of Eric Lindros, but I'm afraid he'd sue me.

Let's just say Lindros is the epitome of the modern day athlete, and draw your own conclusions from there ...

2S0L0U2
02-26-2015, 06:46 AM
I'd write what I really think of Eric Lindros, but I'm afraid he'd sue me.

Let's just say Lindros is the epitome of the modern day athlete, and draw your own conclusions from there ...

Flyers fans and Lindros - perfect together!

Got 6, Want More
02-26-2015, 09:52 AM
Flyers fans and Lindros - perfect together!

No fan of Lindros, but Paul Stewart is a egotistical nightmare.

FlagDUDE08
02-26-2015, 10:57 AM
At least your team isn't targeted... http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/schott/2011/feb/15/stewart-fined-reprimanded-by-ecac-hockey/

TERRIERFANinLA
02-26-2015, 11:22 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/eric-lindros-files--3-million-defamation-lawsuit-against-former-nhl-ref-paul-stewart-181150020.html

I am lost.
either Lindros DID do what Stewart said he did and therefore truth is a perfect defense to defamation, or Stewart lied and defamed Lindros, making him out to be someone who is a bad spokesperson/representative for a product, therefore hurting Lindros's future business prospects.

but I am not sure how this relates to college hockey

hockeyguy
02-26-2015, 11:31 AM
this couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. Paul Stewart deserves everything he gets, he gives plenty with his rants and chest pounding. hopefully Lindros takes him for everything he's got..........We can only pray!!!!!!!!!!!!

TERRIERFANinLA this relates to college hockey because right now he is the Person in charge of officiating in the ECAC, and a poor one at that to boot.

It is time for him to go. He is an embarrassment to the ECAC and it's schools

Got 6, Want More
02-26-2015, 11:37 AM
I am lost.
either Lindros DID do what Stewart said he did and therefore truth is a perfect defense to defamation, or Stewart lied and defamed Lindros, making him out to be someone who is a bad spokesperson/representative for a product, therefore hurting Lindros's future business prospects.

but I am not sure how this relates to college hockey

It's relevant to college hockey because Paul Stewart is still the director of officiating for ECAC hockey. It does not change the information about him which is that he is egotistical and not, exactly, exceptional in his job IMO.

AspyDad
02-26-2015, 12:16 PM
It's relevant to college hockey because Paul Stewart is still the director of officiating for ECAC hockey.

Unfortunately, Paul Stewart is the de facto head of the league. Commissioner Hagwell cedes all hockey related decisions to him. The sad part is Stewart treats the ECAC gig as part-time because he's usually drinking Russian vodka over in the KHL. The paying fans of the ECAC should get some accountability on Stewart and his activities because our ticket $$$ is going to him while he's in Russia. shagwell@ecac.com to voice your opinions.