Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU @ UND Feb 27 and 28: Hey What's-Your-Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ UND Feb 27 and 28: Hey What's-Your-Name?

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Try not to cry too much after the loss on Friday. Or at least make sure DL doesn't cry too much.
    A case of beer usually helps to reduce the crying.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

St. Cloud has taken at least 50% of the points in every series since the 2010-2011 season. That will continue.

SCSU SWEEPS
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        St. Cloud has taken at least 50% of the points in every series since the 2010-2011 season. That will continue.
        Gotta admit - that's a pretty impressive stat

Comment

SCSU SWEEPS
          Such delusional optimism. You truly are the PA of the SCSU fanbase, it's all duckies and bunnies.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Such delusional optimism. You truly are the PA of the SCSU fanbase, it's all duckies and bunnies.
            According to the NCHC, UND can win the Penrose Cup (either outright or shared) this weekend, but needs at least five points vs. St. Cloud State and help in other conference games.

Also, UND Looks to Slow down Speedy Huskies
            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
            Eric's Twitter
            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
              According to the NCHC, UND can win the Penrose Cup (either outright or shared) this weekend, but needs at least five points vs. St. Cloud State and help in other conference games.

Also, UND Looks to Slow down Speedy Huskies
              Originally posted by Dave Hakstol
              “I haven’t watched much of them, I have to be honest with you,” head coach Dave Hakstol said. “I think they do a lot of things well. They play with pace. Their power play is at nearly 24 percent. Their lines seem to have really good depth to them.”

Hakstol continued, “I am not over evaluating them. I am more worried about what we’re doing. We’re coming out of a really hard-fought series – a real physical series. There will be some similarities this weekend, but there will also be some major differences coming home. I am really just preparing our team and making sure that we’re at our best.”
              Translation: I am terrified of St. Cloud. There really isn't anything we can do to stop them, so why even bother? We are going to have to be at the top of our game just to avoid being embarrased.
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Sheesh, SCSU's powerplay is really good and Luke Johnson continues to take really dumb penalties. If UND can manage to take three or fewer penalties tomorrow, they have a good chance of winning again. If they can't, they are in trouble.
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Their power play is very good, but SCSU got absolutely dominated 5 x 5 in that game. Great play in goal kept it from being the 6-2 game it could have been.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    Their power play is very good, but SCSU got absolutely dominated 5 x 5 in that game. Great play in goal kept it from being the 6-2 game it could have been.
                    Wrong.

Tomorrow night St. Cloud needs to play like they did during the second and third periods and they will win. Charlie was just Charlie tonight.

Comment

At the end of the game, Holden or Starman said the Huskies came out flat. I think UND came out and played the first like their hair was on fire. Seemed like they were kinda gassed after that. 2nd was a lot more even and I would say play favored SCSU slightly. 3rd period I thought SCSU played really well and had a lot of good chances 5x5 despite being unable to cash any in. It really felt like SCSU was going to tie it up in the middle of the third.

UND is better than I thought. At 3-0 I thought it was going to be a romp like the Friday night game in St. Cloud late last season. It ended up being a pretty good game.

Comment

Has SCSU's PP been this good all year, or did they find a magic formula at some point? And which coach teaches faceoffs for them? Can we rent that guy for a few days?

Comment

UND is better than I thought. At 3-0 I thought it was going to be a romp like the Friday night game in St. Cloud late last season. It ended up being a pretty good game.
                          Lol. Before last night UND had the third most wins in the country, was leading the league and was second in the pairwise. Exactly how bad did you think they were?
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            McIntyre saved UND's bacon a few times himself, and the funny thing is, on all three of UND's goals, Chuck nearly came up with the save.

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Has SCSU's PP been this good all year, or did they find a magic formula at some point?
                            24.22%, fourth in the nation overall. In conference, 28.05%, over 6% better than the 2nd best power play in the NCHC, which is surprisingly CC.
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Lol. Before last night UND had the third most wins in the country, was leading the league and was second in the pairwise. Exactly how bad did you think they were?
                              If I thought they were the best team in the country before the game and now I think they are the greatest team of all time, would that satisfy you? I didn't think they were bad, but I think this years UND team is only marginally better than last year's team, and last year's team barely made it into the NCAAs.

I haven't really been impressed with any teams this year. Miami, UNO and Denver are like 5th 6th and 7th in the country. I have seen them all play multiple times and those are good teams, but nothing special. I think North Dakota, UMD and Mankato are all very good teams. Other than that I think all the teams from 4-16 in the Pairwise are all interchangeable. I think it is wide open this year and it is a down year for college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Has SCSU's PP been this good all year, or did they find a magic formula at some point? And which coach teaches faceoffs for them? Can we rent that guy for a few days?
                                They struggled early in the season on the PP and then they figured it out- just get it to Brodzy or Benik. They have really improved movement too- everyone moving not just the guy with the puck.

Faceoffs, it wasn't the coach it was Morley. Morley has always been good, he taught Dowd last year and the other guys like Rehkamp and Kosilla who really struggled started going to Morley for tips.
                                It will cost you tonight's game to get Morley for a few days.

I kind of agree with Tipsy on the teams this year- no one stands out. McIntyre has been the difference. We weren't ready for the physicality( I thought ND got away with a lot of late hits) in the first last night but I think it's going to be different tonight.
                                Our team has finally turned a page and is finally figuring things out. Kind of like Miami last year.

The team I am worried about is Miami if they figure it out. They are loaded with offense.
                                Last edited by hockeykrazy; 02-28-2015, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X