X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO @ tUMD: Swoon Time!

discuss.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: UNO @ tUMD: Swoon Time!

UNO will need a win Friday night otherwise their late season swoons will be in their heads on Saturday. Somewhere in the last few weeks, the offense has dried up and they are coming off getting thoroughly dominated on Saturday.

I'd like to have faith, but after seeing them get dismantled on Saturday, it is hard to see the silver lining for UNO in this series.
    UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Going with a UMD sweep...without our captain, it is clear that the leadership is missing on the team. The annual blow up is well underway. Even our most consistent player, Massa, has struggled badly recently. A split would be a surprise at this point.
      If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

I am worried about this series for tUMD but all this talk of Massa's bad play and missing your captain gives me some hope. UMD has been playing well...but they're barely above .500 at home. I wouldn't be surpised if they don't play well and split the series.

Can't believe they're a one seed in the NCAA tournament right now and are 5th in the conference. That's fine with me as long as we don't play WMU. I trust this team on the road more than at home (plus I can't make the playoff series so it doesn't matter if they're at home or not)
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          I am worried about this series for tUMD but all this talk of Massa's bad play and missing your captain gives me some hope. UMD has been playing well...but they're barely above .500 at home. I wouldn't be surpised if they don't play well and split the series.

Can't believe they're a one seed in the NCAA tournament right now and are 5th in the conference. That's fine with me as long as we don't play WMU. I trust this team on the road more than at home (plus I can't make the playoff series so it doesn't matter if they're at home or not)
          Massa's playing better than the intranets make it seem. And you can't make the first round? What a terrible fan you are
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            Massa's playing better than the intranets make it seem. And you can't make the first round? What a terrible fan you are
            Cousin is getting married that weekend. I may be a horrible person but I am not a horrible fan.
            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Cousin is getting married that weekend. I may be a horrible person but I am not a horrible fan.
              Wouldn't the horrible person be the one that skips out on the wedding?
              If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

People who get married during hockey season are terrible people. You should boycott

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                  Yeah but I make up for it in other ways
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

Yeah but I make up for it in other ways
                    And Howe!

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                      If you had ever met Biddy, you'd know that him skipping out on your wedding is a blessing.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        As you know, I was at both SCSU games last weekend in St. Cloud and I thought Massa played pretty well although there were probably 2 (for sure) maybe 3 SCSU goals on the weekend he'd likely tell you that he should not have let get by him.

On both nights, on the shuttle back to downtown after the game, the shuttle bus had the SCSU hockey game postgame show on Lite 99.9 FM on the radio. The amount of hyperbole directed at Massa both nights, but, in particular after Friday night's game was eye popping (ear?). The SCSU guys went so far as to say that Massa is the unequivocal MVP of the NCHC season to this point.

I'm also gonna post this in the NCHC thread, but, here is something of the statistical issues going on with UNO:

http://joelgehringer.com/blog/nchc-shot-results/#bar

When you have inexperienced players not taking quality shots and you are getting more shots blocked than any other team in the league, coupling that with the margin by which UNO is being outshot by it's opponents so far this season, and throw in the sheer quantity of shots Massa has had to see as it relates to the number we are getting (UNO was outshot, just this past weekend, 71-47, for example) and this team has been fighting an uphill battle all season. Really, it's amazing what they have accomplished.

Massa is a very big reason they are where they are right now. I mean Massa currently has a .935 save percentage, a number which would smoke the current school single season record of .910 by Dan Ellis as his current 2.04 GAA would also leave Ellis' UNO all time single season best mark of 2.69 GA in the dust

Trivia question time.

Name the former player that has had the 2nd longest NHL career of any former UNO Maverick.

Answer? Dan Ellis.

Even Dominik Hašek is going to "look" mortal when his team is getting massively outshot and the shots his team is taking aren't particularly good in the first place, for the most part. Throw the 36th ranked penalty kill in the NCAA in with that and your goalie (any goalie) is going to let some get by him.

Massa isn't this team's "problem". Not even close.
                        Last edited by Red Cows; 02-24-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I said this in the series thread from last weekend, but, it bears repeating here.

Anything other than at least a split is an unmitigated disaster for UNO this upcoming weekend.

CC coming to Omaha the following weekend does nothing for UNO in Pairwise, even if UNO sweeps them. Those are Pairwise status quo games for UNO. I sure don't want whatever happens in the NCHC tourney dictating whether UNO gets in the NCAA's or not. After being 4th in Pairwise 2 weekends ago, that would be pretty ridiculous.

This is a scary weekend for UNO and I hope that isn't the sound of sphincters puckering that I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                            As you know, I was at both SCSU games last weekend in St. Cloud and I thought Massa played pretty well although there were probably 2 (for sure) maybe 3 SCSU goals on the weekend he'd likely tell you that he should not have let get by him.
                            Yeah, but if that's the standard then that's not saying much, cuz every goalie will say every weekend there were 2 or 3 he should've had.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              If you had ever met Biddy, you'd know that him skipping out on your wedding is a blessing.
                              Particularly if he shows up at it in the garb that has garnered him NCHC "Fan of Week" honors two consecutive years in a row, now:

http://www.nchchockey.com/page/show/...an-of-the-week

http://www.nchchockey.com/page/show/...ns-of-the-week

Somebody here in Omaha apparently saw that headgear and liked it because it is now available here in a UNO version.

Comment

Working...
                              X