Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarkson & SLU @ RPI & Union 2/27, 2/28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarkson & SLU @ RPI & Union 2/27, 2/28)

Discuss.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Clarkson & SLU @ RPI & Union 2/27, 2/28)

Well . . . I think SLU now knows exactly where they will finish. I'll be interested to see whether they're able to bring the intensity they'll need to win. I'm sure both RPI and Union would LOVE to finish up by knocking off the Saints.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
      Well . . . I think SLU now knows exactly where they will finish. I'll be interested to see whether they're able to bring the intensity they'll need to win. I'm sure both RPI and Union would LOVE to finish up by knocking off the Saints.
      We WILL finish 2nd, but we can still tie Q-tip if Harvard and Dartmouth do their part and we do ours. I'd love to make the league office make a copy of the Cleary Cup.
      9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
      1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Discuss.
        More like disgusted for the fans of 3 of the 4 participants this coming weekend in the Capital District.

Clarkson a sweep (highly unlikely) and Cornell loses 2 and Dartmouth loses 2 or loses 1/ties 1 moves Clarkson into 6th.
        Clarkson a sweep (highly unlikely) and Cornell loses 1/ties 1 and Dartmouth loses 2 or loses 1/ties 1 has Dartmouth 6th, Cornell 7th and Clarkson 8th.
        Clarkson a sweep (highly unlikely) and Cornell loses 2 and Dartmouth gets a win/L or 2 ties moves Clarkson into 7th and Cornell 8th.
        Clarkson gets at least 1 point (Maybe) and RPI gets 3 or less then they keep 8th.
        Clarkson gets 1 point tie Union (not likely) and RPI gets 3 points by Win vs Clarkson and tie vs SLU, then it depends on who is in the top 4. If Quinny, SLU, Yale doesn't matter who is 4th, Clarkson 8th and RPI 9th, if Quinny, SLU, Gate or Harvard or Cornell for #3-#4, then RPI 8th and Clarkson 9th.
        Clarkson loses 2 (highly likely) and RPI wins 2 (Highly unlikely) then RPI gets 8th with Clarkson 9th.

Those are the possible scenarios I think that involve Clarkson.

RPI and Union are more complicated in that Brown is now in the mix for 9th or 10th. I am too lazy to look at all of those scenarios as well as any of the scenarios involving SLU at the top of the standings.
        Last edited by vicb; 02-22-2015, 01:14 PM.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          I am too lazy to look at all of those scenarios as well as any of the scenarios involving SLU at the top of the standings.
          SLU is locked in at the number 2 seed ... The only thing we have left is if Quinnipiac loses both and we win both then we have a share of the Cleary Cup. Quinnipiac owns the tie breaker with us so we are in 2nd no matter what.
          St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
          4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
          2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
          16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
          9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
          2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

More like disgusted for the fans of 3 of the 4 participants this coming weekend in the Capital District.
            I second the disgusted. Even FlagDude08 can't congratulate us on the easy 2 points this weekend. I'm almost ready to congratulate RPI and Union on the easy 2 points, but can't.

Expecting a 0-0 tie Friday in Troy, extending the winless streaks for both teams.

The only good news is that Clarkson's women will host the ECAC FF if they beat Dartmouth this weekend - they should make the men play at 4 so that the women get the nightcap
            Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
            Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
              I second the disgusted. Even FlagDude08 can't congratulate us on the easy 2 points this weekend. I'm almost ready to congratulate RPI and Union on the easy 2 points, but can't.

Expecting a 0-0 tie Friday in Troy, extending the winless streaks for both teams.

The only good news is that Clarkson's women will host the ECAC FF if they beat Dartmouth this weekend - they should make the men play at 4 so that the women get the nightcap
              Some of us have lives outside of USCHO, believe it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post

FWIW, RPI hasn't had a 0-0 game since 1/29/1927, so we are due.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Some of us have lives outside of USCHO, believe it or not.
                  Not saying you weren't available to do it; just saying you wouldn't be able to. And based on the relative post counts of you and I, I could be posting your comment back
                  Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                  Clarkson 1990

Comment

RPI GameNotes (+ CCT & SLU notes)..... SCHROEDER RETURNING: Senior forward Zach Schroeder has another year of eligibility due to an injury he sustained earlier in his career and thus will return to the Engineers in 2015-16.http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...U2.pdf?id=2097
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      RPI GameNotes (+ CCT & SLU notes)..... SCHROEDER RETURNING: Senior forward Zach Schroeder has another year of eligibility due to an injury he sustained earlier in his career and thus will return to the Engineers in 2015-16.http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...U2.pdf?id=2097
                      Thanks for actually reading the GameNotes and noting that Schroeder will indeed be returning next year.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        FWIW, RPI hasn't had a 0-0 game since 1/29/1927, so we are due.
                        Clarkson played Cornell to a 0-0 tie in 2012 so we are not due. We have a better chance of losing 1-0.
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Clarkson played Cornell to a 0-0 tie in 2012 so we are not due. We have a better chance of losing 1-0.
                          And yet, you'll probably get at least 3 goals, which for us means gg.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            And yet, you'll probably get at least 3 goals, which for us means gg.
                            I actually think the CCT-RPI game is a first to 3 goals wins. As for CCT-Union, its a Messa Rink has spelled doom for Clarkson.

Scores in the last 4 years have been 0-5, 0-4, 2-5, 1-8. UGLY!!!!
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Working...
                            X