NMU at Bowling Green Feb. 27/28: Points please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU at Bowling Green Feb. 27/28: Points please

The race for the final home ice spot has gotten tight as Bemidji swept the Cats at home last week and Ferris pulled within 2 points off of a split with Bowling Green. The Falcons meanwhile have 3rd place locked up.

Discuss.

Re: NMU at Bowling Green Feb. 27/28: Points please

As I was slowly tapping out on my work phone...

Both teams have reached the "hold on to your butts" portion of their schedule.

BGSU, after going 3-1 over Ferris State the last two weeks, is still mathmatically in contention for the MacNaughton Cup (if MTU/MSU split then lose out).

NMU, meanwhile, has had their offense and win totals come to a grinding halt capped off with the Valentines Day Massacre at the hand of Bemidji State.

Both teams will be looking for points, BGSU for the slim chance at the MacNaughton, NMU for the home ice in the first round of the playoffs.

All I can say is that I am very happy that this series is AT Bowling Green, as the 'Cats are 7-4-1 there over the last decade. I refuse to look up BGSU's record at NMU for the same time period.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

And the goalie situation?

Comment

at this point...less worried about the MacNaughton, more about not dropping off in the PWR.
        BG needs one pt. to clinch home ice, and at least 3 more wins to stay on/above the PWR bubble.
        sorry 'cats, but we need to put the hammer down this week.
        Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
          And the goalie situation?
          Walt's still hoping to trade one of them for a scoring winger prior to the trade deadline.

Seriously though: I would be elated to have Dahlstrom back for the remainder of the season, but I also want him shut down for the year so he can get healthy and have stellar Junior and Senior years.

As for Doan/Dun... Doan has seen the bulk of follow up time (1-6-2) yet Dun is 1-0-0 (with a team worst .897 sv% and 3.15 GAA).

Dun has played only 76 minutes all year, so the sv & gaa stats aren't totally reliable. But there is a reason he's third on the depth chart.
          Last edited by aparch; 02-18-2015, 09:39 AM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

This weekend is our season in my eyes... We need 3 or more points to work towards locking up home ice... If not, just sit back and pray for a hot goalie playoff run...
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Guess I have to be a Bowling Green fan this weekend!
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

The Mayor has officially proclaimed Friday "Bleacher Creatures Day" in BG.
                Things could get raucous at the Madhouse on Mercer.
                Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

I agree a regular season championship is out of reach. We've struggled putting away weak teams, and now it's starting to hurt us. The main goal now is to stay top 10 in PWR.

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                  Things will get raucous at the Madhouse on Mercer.
                  Fixed it.
                  BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Walt mentioned on Monday's radio show Dun will get a look this weekend. He didn't say which day. I also heard through the grapevine Dahlstrom may be done for the season.

It seems to get any sustained scoring the Cats have to abandon the defensive side. When they do clamp down on D, the offense disappears.

Comment

The Cats need to turn the nob to 11 (it's 1 louder than 10) and sweep this weekend. You know they have to be frustrated with the past 2 weekends. I hope they can channel that and win. I also hope the offense makes the trip to BG. Any thing less than 3 points and it is going to be near impossible for that 4th home ice slot.

I am glad Dun gets another shot. Give him a chance to show what he has and let Doan take a night off.
                      Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                        It seems to get any sustained scoring the Cats have to abandon the defensive side. When they do clamp down on D, the offense disappears.
                        Offense, Defense, or Goaltending.

Pick two. Only.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

If you sit Dahlström out now, do you you bring him back for the playoff series?

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                            Bottom line: if Dahlstrom can play, he will.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                              I agree with Dave... He's the clear #1... Our bed is made with this unless someone catches fire this weekend and dominates the last 6 games with Dhalstrom sitting until the 1st round of the playoffs...
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                              X