Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO @ SCSU Feb 20 and 21: Will the real St. Cloud PLEASE stand up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO @ SCSU Feb 20 and 21: Will the real St. Cloud PLEASE stand up?

SCSU comes off a split in Duluth, UNO coming off a split hosting Western.

I think most people here feel St. Cloud played well enough where they probably should've gotten points in the earlier series between these two. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Luckily its pretty cold in St. Cloud in February. (Actually Friday and Saturday are supposed to be pretty warm for this time of year, but Nebraskans won't like 20 degrees as a high)
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: UNO @ SCSU Feb 20 and 21: Will the real St. Cloud PLEASE stand up?

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Luckily its pretty cold in St. Cloud in February. (Actually Friday and Saturday are supposed to be pretty warm for this time of year, but Nebraskans won't like 20 degrees as a high)
    Luckily, most of the guys on the team are Minnesotans
    UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

(Actually Friday and Saturday are supposed to be pretty warm for this time of year, but Nebraskans won't like 20 degrees as a high)
      The windchill here is -2 today. 20 degrees will feel tropical. In fact, I'm thinking of making the trip just to get away from this cold weather.
      If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

SCSU comes off a split in Duluth, UNO coming off a split hosting Western.

I think most people here feel St. Cloud played well enough where they probably should've gotten points in the earlier series between these two. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Luckily its pretty cold in St. Cloud in February. (Actually Friday and Saturday are supposed to be pretty warm for this time of year, but Nebraskans won't like 20 degrees as a high)
        I am pretty sure the average high for this time of year is close to 30 degrees. We are in a deep freeze, not warm for this time of year..... Lol Just saying
        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Huskies need a sweep in a big way. Isn't this the time of year the Mav's usually swoon? Let's hope this weekend is the start of their annual Swoon......
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
            Huskies need a sweep in a big way. Isn't this the time of year the Mav's usually swoon? Let's hope this weekend is the start of their annual Swoon......
            Two weekends early, the Mavs collapse in March

Comment

Using the CHN Pairwise Customize feature I ran some possible scenarios.

If we split the next three series, that would put us at 16th in the Pairwise.
              If we split the UND series, and split one and sweep the other of UNO and Denver, that would put us at 14th.
              If we sweep the UNO and Denver series and split against North Dakota, that would put us at at 9th.

Obviously these aren't exact and would change depending on the results of other games. But this tells me that we basically need to go 4-2 in these last 6 games. If you switch one of the UNO games to a St. Cloud win (the Friday one where the horrendous call against Brodzinski decided the game), SCSU is at 14th in the pairwise. 14th isn't a lock to be in, but definitely a lot better position that we are in now.
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                Using the CHN Pairwise Customize feature I ran some possible scenarios.

If we split the next three series, that would put us at 16th in the Pairwise.
                If we split the UND series, and split one and sweep the other of UNO and Denver, that would put us at 14th.
                If we sweep the UNO and Denver series and split against North Dakota, that would put us at at 9th.

Obviously these aren't exact and would change depending on the results of other games. But this tells me that we basically need to go 4-2 in these last 6 games. If you switch one of the UNO games to a St. Cloud win (the Friday one where the horrendous call against Brodzinski decided the game), SCSU is at 14th in the pairwise. 14th isn't a lock to be in, but definitely a lot better position that we are in now.
                And if my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle.

Really though, I like to see St. Cloud do well, just not this weekend

Sweep Denver and UND, get swept by UNO. Works for me

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
                  And if my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle.

Really though, I like to see St. Cloud do well, just not this weekend

Sweep Denver and UND, get swept by UNO. Works for me
                  And if UNO didn't suck, they might have more than 2 NCAA appearances in 17 years.

There is zero chance St. Cloud gets swept by UNO this weekend.
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

And if UNO didn't suck, they might have more than 2 NCAA appearances in 17 years.

I may be wrong, but UNO's 1st 17 years have produced the same number of Div. I tourney wins that SCSU's first 17 years did.

Comment

Zero chance? There has to be SOME chance, doesn't there? I mean, even the slightest chance? Little bit of chance?

Comment

Obviously these aren't exact and would change depending on the results of other games. But this tells me that we basically need to go 4-2 in these last 6 games.
                        The problem is the Huskies have a minimum of eight games remaining. If they go 5-3 (or even 5-4) they could just slip into the NCAA tourney. It's no use focusing on just the next six games if they're guaranteed to play eight.
                        scsuhockey.com
                        CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                          Zero chance? There has to be SOME chance, doesn't there? I mean, even the slightest chance? Little bit of chance?
                          No
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMp8aDH8d9M

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                            The problem is the Huskies have a minimum of eight games remaining. If they go 5-3 (or even 5-4) they could just slip into the NCAA tourney. It's no use focusing on just the next six games if they're guaranteed to play eight.
                            Ok, then run some scenarios for 8 games.

At 3-3 or worse in the next 6, you basically have to get the auto bid. If you go 3-3 in the next 6 you are probably at or below 16. You would need a sweep on the road first round (very unlikely), then go to Target Center and go 1-1 to move up from 16.

So I disagree that it is no use focusing on the next six.
                            Last edited by Tipsy McStagger; 02-18-2015, 08:53 AM.

Comment

You would need a sweep on the road first round (very unlikely)
                              Not entirely true...if you get sent to Omaha I could nearly guarantee a sweep. We thoroughly enjoy letting teams come to our house and knock us out of the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X