Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech at Minnesota State 2/27-2/28: Who wants the MacNaughton Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech at Minnesota State 2/27-2/28: Who wants the MacNaughton Cup?

Well, with both teams on a bye after returning from Alaska, I figured it wasn't too early to start this thread. Not to mention the anticipation for this series is as big as it gets among the two fan bases.

The Mavericks, who return from Fairbanks with just one point couldn't have asked for better timing to have a weekend off. With a few minor injuries, as well as another weekend where illness plagued a chunk of guys, the Mavericks should be well rested heading into arguably the biggest series ever in Mankato. I can't wait! Go Mavericks!
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Re: Michigan Tech at Minnesota State 2/27-2/28: Who wants the MacNaughton Cup?

#2 MSU vs #4 MTU... Not bad for the end of the season... Can't wait for the series and I hear good things about the food at Mettler's Bar and Restaurant, I just might have to stop there after the games!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
      #2 MSU vs #4 MTU... Not bad for the end of the season... Can't wait for the series and I hear good things about the food at Mettler's Bar and Restaurant, I just might have to stop there after the games!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!
      I suggest the French fries!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
        I suggest the French fries!
        Unique for a bar, but a side of melons is fantastic there.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
          Unique for a bar, but a side of melons is fantastic there.
          I'm glad I googled before commenting...

Really looking forward to this series as well. Hopefully you guys have solved your plague issues by then. Is there a recommend set of shots before we come to Mankato?!?
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
            I'm glad I googled before commenting...

Really looking forward to this series as well. Hopefully you guys have solved your plague issues by then. Is there a recommend set of shots before we come to Mankato?!?
            Full body latex suits should cover the after game shenanigans!

Comment

Maybe I'll spend the night in the cities and drive down for the game.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

If it wasn't for being in Alaska, would they haven figured a way to get healthy players to the game? Say in the UP? Or to BSU?

Comment

I don't think you're allowed to do that, are you? I was under the impression that you could only travel with X amount of players. Maybe I'm wrong.
                  Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Only way this series could have been better is if it had been scheduled on the final weekend of the regular season and have the Cup in Mankato. It might still be there, but only the Mavs would have a chance to skate it Saturday night with a sweep. Possible outcomes:

Mavs take 4pts - They skate the Cup and have earned it beating the Huskies four times.
                    Mavs take 3pts - Mavs earn a share of the Cup, but eat a lot of Tums in the next week.
                    Tech takes 2 pts - Bemidji has the chance to ruin the Mavs' season for a second time, and cost them a WCHA championship
                    Tech takes 3 pts - Tech will be ordering Tums by the case and hopefully handle 1st place better the second time around vs arch rival Northern
                    Tech takes 4 pts - Most everyone in Mankato and Houghton will be on acid blockers for the last weekend of the season. Mavs fans because of what could have been, Tech fans for what the season could be.

Ryan J
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      Tech takes 4 pts - Most everyone in Mankato and Houghton will be on acid blockers for the last weekend of the season. Mavs fans because of what could have been, Tech fans for what the season could be.
                      I don't know if my stomach can handle this... I am definitely willing to try though. No matter what happens, it will most likely be two great games.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                        If it wasn't for being in Alaska, would they haven figured a way to get healthy players to the game? Say in the UP? Or to BSU?
                        I believe there was a weekend in which a goalie went down on a Friday in North Dakota and Chris Clark was driven up in a teammates car to dress as the back up Saturday. Anyone remember this? Is it within the rules because they were not traveling with the team?

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                          I believe there was a weekend in which a goalie went down on a Friday in North Dakota and Chris Clark was driven up in a teammates car to dress as the back up Saturday. Anyone remember this? Is it within the rules because they were not traveling with the team?
                          Your travel roster is locked in for the trip. The only exception is a goaltender injury/suspension, and you have to get a waiver to get a substitute goaltender on the travel roster for the second game. This situation happened in the CCHA about 5 years ago when Michigan State had a goalie injured on Friday at Ohio State, and received the waiver to send their third string goaltender to Columbus for the second game.

Comment

Didn't Tech have a skater come down from Houghton for a Saturday game as a last minute roster change in Madison a few years ago?
                            Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

These will be 2 long weeks....
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                              X