Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech at Minnesota State 2/27-2/28: Who wants the MacNaughton Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech at Minnesota State 2/27-2/28: Who wants the MacNaughton Cup?

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
    Yes the Sioux lost their 1st game of the year against bemidji state and their 4th game of the year to providence but they were just getting the cobwebs out.. But they are a juggernaut for who they have beat and for what conference they are leading. How about those mavs getting swept by Alaska?? Any team that gets swept by a team that ****ty isn't even in the conversation for the best team in the league. And I'll give you tech fans a little boost over Michigan considering their sweep but keep on drinking the kool-aid.. Should be funny to how fast it all comes crashing down in the end for the WCHA
    This is what Pink Pony would sound like, if he had access to paint thinner.

Comment

I'd just like to point out that UND did not lose to Providence, they tied the Friars. It also wasn't the 4th game of the season, it was the 6th.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Yup dirty you are right I was a series off and it was a tie👍

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          I'd just like to point out that UND did not lose to Providence, they tied the Friars. It also wasn't the 4th game of the season, it was the 6th.
          Hey, as Boon said in Animal House, "Forget it. He's rolling."

Comment

I'm grabbing my popcorn. Curious what un-educated thing Siox-perDrunk will say next. To his defense, he is drunk apparently.

Comment

Hahaha I'm loving this!! Easiest way to get WCHA teams worked up is to tell them the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
                Haha to say the tech and Mankato are the two best is just beyond ridiculous!! UND, Duluth, Omaha, Miami, and The clouds are all better teams this year.. They are all just playing each other in a real conference and someone has to lose. Tech and Mankatos schedule is soft as could be, yes they are good but don't think for a second that if any of the NCHC teams where in the WHCA they wouldn't be running the train on every school in it. I would say that after all those teams it might be Mankato then bostonU then either Minnesota Michigan or tech.. But if it makes you guys feel better, keep dreaming!!
                Thank you for your contribution to the message board, because nothing classes up the forum as qwikly as run-away train like run-on sentences, random pun'ctuati'on!!? (((or lack there of in "you're" posts',))) but we certainly appreciate yOU letting us know where the rest of the Hawkkee world stands relative to the Wioux? because we had know idea the known universe revolved around gRand 4-ks but again thank-ewe for posting and we look forward to seeing you in the Frozen Fore, assuming you can get past Robert Morris, gosh knows you have enough practice beeting bottom feeder teams this year so you certainly should at least get past them, just be sure too play all the way two the ffinal horn, it would be a shame to let down and loose a game at the last 2nd.

http://youtu.be/BABjltGHBpI

Best regards and thanks for making sure I don't always have to be the one to supply the humor around here. Maybe someday UND will play important games of their own and they you will have a place to type your thoughts once again. That is assuming you can put down the PBR long enough to start your own thread...

Ryan J

PS Are you the one on the left or the right? Stay classy ND and try to use the following guideline as you make your way through life: IQ+GPA > BAC*100.

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 02-23-2015, 06:59 PM.
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Ryan J

PS Are you the one on the left or the right? Stay classy ND and try to use the following guideline as you make your way through life: IQ+GPA > BAC*100.

I think you need the University's permission to show the official Homecoming Court pictures. Also, if you're going to communicate with that guy, you need to use way more exclamation points.

Comment

Actually in keeping with tradition....

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      Clearly he's right. There's no way we could go to Duluth or Omaha and win a game.
                      That's the spirit!
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        Actually in keeping with tradition....

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;
                        I'm just quoting this so everyone can see this picture again... That is all

Comment

Since many of these teams have never played let's just look at the various rankings:

TEAM---AVE----RPI----PWR----KRACH--USHSHO1-USHSHO2
                          MSU------1.2------1-------1---------2----------1------------1-----
                          UMD------3.6------4-------3---------4----------3------------4-----
                          UND------3.6------2-------2---------1----------7------------6-----
                          MTU------4.0------3-------5---------3----------4------------5-----
                          BU-------5.0------6-------7---------8----------2------------2-----
                          Mia-------5.4------5-------4---------5----------5------------8-----
                          UNO------6.2------8-------8---------6----------6------------3-----
                          DU-------7.8------7-------6---------7----------10-----------9-----
                          BC-------10.2-----9-------9--------10---------13----------10----
                          BGSU-----11.2----13------13-------11---------12-----------7----
                          Min------11.4----11------10-------13----------8-----------15----
                          PC-------12.9----12-----11.5------14---------15-----------12----
                          QU-------13.5----10-----11.5------12---------23-----------11----
                          SCSU-----14.4----15------14--------9---------16-----------18----
                          Yale------16.8----14------15-------17---------18-----------20----

By any measure, MSU and MTU are top 5 teams in the country. UMD and UND are also right there but to say that because the NCHC is beating up on each other, that that is holding them back is laughable...if anything under the current system, the fact that so many series end in splits is exactly why the NCHC teams are ranked so highly because of the QWB.

Note: the RPI I chose was without QWB since to me, that part only exists to be incorporated into PWR and isn't truly part of RPI.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyHuskyFan View Post
                            I'm just quoting this so everyone can see this picture again... That is all
                            In fairness to those 2, maybe they're just looking down to try to read the crawl on the bottom of the screen. When it's about an athlete in legal trouble, there's a 40% chance it's a teammate.

Ok, I'm done now. Back to talking about the series involving the #1 and #5 teams in the Pairwise.

Comment

There's no reason to actually get worked up over someone not smart enough to tie his own shoes. A much better choice is to make fun of the fool. I mean, anyone dumb enough to call himself Sioux-per Drunk really isn't firing on all cylinders.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                There's no reason to actually get worked up over someone not smart enough to tie his own shoes. A much better choice is to make fun of the fool. I mean, anyone dumb enough to call himself Sioux-per Drunk really isn't firing on all cylinders.
                                but it gave me a reason to pull out actual computer rankings
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X