X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech at Alaska Anchorage: Happy Ponies vs Sad Ponies

Originally posted by brenthoven View Post
    what have i clicked on.
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
      what have i clicked on.
      A little bit of heaven, a little bit of hell. Depends on your point of view, and your purposes.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBiC2F1nUME
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

what have i clicked on.
          This board has never been the same ever since I shared that link.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I appreciate Tech shutting it down in the third period. Made it seem a little closer.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

There is no way that slash hits his head. It's a **** slash and penalty for sure. But no way it hits his head.
              Well the hit on VanAllen was to the head, and it drew blood. The refs even went to the bench and talked to the trainer, who was holding a towel on his forehead, and they still didn't call a penalty.

Hard to believe that whoever we pay $3000 to run the scoreboard (what they call the video cube) had a "4" up instead of a "3" for the entire third period. Scratches head.

Congrats Tech fans, your team is one of the best I have seen all season.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

This has been a frustrating season...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  This has been a frustrating season...
                  That is an understatement! Once again, I am very disappointed in our seniors. Step up tomorrow night, eh guys?
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    That is an understatement! Once again, I am very disappointed in our seniors. Step up tomorrow night, eh guys?
                    I said it in the UAA thread but I'll say it here too: Cameron and Allen need to sit in the stands.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      I said it in the UAA thread but I'll say it here too: Cameron and Allen need to sit in the stands.
                      Totally agree. Although Cameron played with a bit more passion than Allen did. Scotts errant pass led directly to a Tech goal.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        Well the hit on VanAllen was to the head, and it drew blood. The refs even went to the bench and talked to the trainer, who was holding a towel on his forehead, and they still didn't call a penalty.

Hard to believe that whoever we pay $3000 to run the scoreboard (what they call the video cube) had a "4" up instead of a "3" for the entire third period. Scratches head.

Congrats Tech fans, your team is one of the best I have seen all season.
                        When was that hit suze? I don't remember it.

Haha. So the 4 was in the arena too? We were laughing about it on the video feed.
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

From my vantage point (UAA defensive zone each period), the game was every bit as lopsided as the score would indicate. I don't know when UAA finally got their shot total to double digits, but I'm sure it was past the half-way point of the game. It was like 20 something for Tech when Anchorage had 2 or 3. Tech's two early goals seemed to take the steam out of UAA and they just never recovered. Tech just seemed to be the bigger, quicker and more skilled team and played that way most of the game. The major penalty* which was split between two periods I think got UAA a total of 1 or maybe 2 shots on net. That could have been a huge turning point in the game, but UAA didn't take much from it.

* I did not have a good look at that play because Johnstone was moving away from me at the time. However, anytime I see the officials take 3-4 minutes to make a decision on a call that big, my feeling is that one or more officials in the group are getting convinced to call something they didn't see. If one of the four officials on the ice can't stand in that group and say "I saw the infraction..." then I don't think you can make a call of that magnitude. And that's not just me being a Tech homer because I think the officials did a below average job in this game. UAA should have gotten some calls earlier on to put them on the PP and then there was the even worse play where the ref just rode the UAA player into the boards when he was trying to come back into the d-zone to collect the puck.

Tech hit a bit of a lull once the goalie change was made, but in the last 5-6 minutes of the game Tech picked their play up again - guys diving for pucks to clear the zone and other signs of real effort being made in spite of the score. I was glad to see that so the game didn't end on a whimper.

Rerack 'em again for tomorrow and we'll do it all again. I'm sure someone will show Tech the MSU score from tonight and let them know it is all in their hands now. Keep winning and you're the WCHA champs. Period.

Ryan J
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            From my vantage point (UAA defensive zone each period), the game was every bit as lopsided as the score would indicate. I don't know when UAA finally got their shot total to double digits, but I'm sure it was past the half-way point of the game. It was like 20 something for Tech when Anchorage had 2 or 3. Tech's two early goals seemed to take the steam out of UAA and they just never recovered. Tech just seemed to be the bigger, quicker and more skilled team and played that way most of the game. The major penalty* which was split between two periods I think got UAA a total of 1 or maybe 2 shots on net. That could have been a huge turning point in the game, but UAA didn't take much from it.

* I did not have a good look at that play because Johnstone was moving away from me at the time. However, anytime I see the officials take 3-4 minutes to make a decision on a call that big, my feeling is that one or more officials in the group are getting convinced to call something they didn't see. If one of the four officials on the ice can't stand in that group and say "I saw the infraction..." then I don't think you can make a call of that magnitude. And that's not just me being a Tech homer because I think the officials did a below average job in this game. UAA should have gotten some calls earlier on to put them on the PP and then there was the even worse play where the ref just rode the UAA player into the boards when he was trying to come back into the d-zone to collect the puck.

Tech hit a bit of a lull once the goalie change was made, but in the last 5-6 minutes of the game Tech picked their play up again - guys diving for pucks to clear the zone and other signs of real effort being made in spite of the score. I was glad to see that so the game didn't end on a whimper.

Rerack 'em again for tomorrow and we'll do it all again. I'm sure someone will show Tech the MSU score from tonight and let them know it is all in their hands now. Keep winning and you're the WCHA champs. Period.

Ryan J
                            That's a pretty accurate assessment of the game. UAA had a chance to get back in it on the major power play and didnt. It was over from there.

I appreciate the vote of confidence from the USCHO guys but this UAA team is hot garbage right now. We were lucky to get a goal.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Standard sad pony post...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

When was that hit suze? I don't remember it.
                                The way I saw it it wasn't a hit to the head.
                                He was hit from behind and his head rammed into the dasher below the players bench.
                                It appeared his helmet/mask made the cut.
                                The way his head hit the boards I'm surprised his neck wasn't broken or he was concussed.
                                A linesman was just behind the hit so he must have thought it was a legal hit.
                                I didn't and thought it was more from behind.
                                No excuse for the entire game, just what I thought was a missed call.
                                Also all the chatter about the "5 minute slash".
                                No he wasn't "gooned" behind the net. He simply made a pretty obvious slash.
                                The 5 minutes was the hit from behind into the boards after the slash.
                                It should have been 7 minutes. 2 for the slash and 5 for the hit.
                                Too bad they didn't make that call either.
                                Not a game excuse on that one either.
                                Just what I saw.

Comment

Working...
                                X