Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Michigan: 2/13 & 2/14

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
    Not when you stop to consider that your average U of Mich hockey fan isn't as well versed in college hockey as a U of MN fan.

(Was that an arrogant statement?)
    Is there a quiz to get into the game? I think it's really nice that you care so much to know about us, but forgive me for not giving a crap about your school.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Quite simple, really. "Know thy enemy." Someone isn't educated in the art of war, I see.
    I'm sure that our hockey team is very familar with yous. But I'm not fighting, nor playing. And I don't see the point in learning your fight song or traditions to make my entertianment more enjoyable.

It's a game that I watch, that's it.

It would probaly make it more interesting to know the players of your team, sure. I know the style you like to play, as it's very very fun to watch- especially when my team is playing yours.

But beyond that, what's that point?

As I said in our thread- you remind me of the 10 year old boy who insults the little girl he has a crush on.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
      You Michigan fans are no fun, lighten up.

At least becky, jan brady and even whioux fans knew how to get a thread going... I miss the old WCHA.
      Somebody is being heavy?

Or do you consider the time when we start throwing insults your way lighter.

Which, it seems, you missed for a LONG time now.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        I apologize that we don't have a come back for that. Mostly because we have no idea what your fight song is.

For a school that hates us so much- it's fascinating that so many of you know history of our helmets more than we do, that you take our fight song and alter the words for fun.

I can't think of a single thing that is equivallent the other way. Not one.

Isn't that interesting?
        I find that hard to believe. Even if you weren't in the building for games like, say, this one: http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...-vs-minnesota/ , I'm willing to bet that you know at least one thing about the University of Minnesota's fight song whether you like to admit it or not. When you hear it that many times, I imagine it starts to stick after awhile.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          I find that hard to believe. Even if you weren't in the building for games like, say, this one: http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...-vs-minnesota/ , I'm willing to bet that you know at least one thing about the University of Minnesota's fight song whether you like to admit it or not. When you hear it that many times, I imagine it starts to stick after awhile.
          No, unless the part where you demonstrate to the world that you can spell your state's name, and then say it- I have no idea of your fight song.

On the other had, you seem to know ours pretty well. hmmmm If you learned it by us scoring....

Comment

Is there a quiz to get into the game? I think it's really nice that you care so much to know about us, but forgive me for not giving a crap about your school.

I'm sure that our hockey team is very familar with yous. But I'm not fighting, nor playing. And I don't see the point in learning your fight song or traditions to make my entertianment more enjoyable.

It's a game that I watch, that's it.

It would probaly make it more interesting to know the players of your team, sure. I know the style you like to play, as it's very very fun to watch- especially when my team is playing yours.

But beyond that, what's that point?

As I said in our thread- you remind me of the 10 year old boy who insults the little girl he has a crush on.
            With a nod to the esteemed Mr. Slap Shot, lighten up Francis.

I harbor no ill will to the fine institution that is the U of MI. I certainly don't despise it or their fans, nor do I believe that any of my fellow Gopher hockey brethren do as well.

These are just some light hearted verbal hand grenades being thrown in the general direction of Ann Arbor.

This will likely change as the BIG hockey matures and the followers of it become less mature.

Familiarity breeds contempt, right?

Besides, Seger > Prince.

Comment

Not when you stop to consider that your average U of Mich hockey fan isn't as well versed in college hockey as a U of MN fan.

(Was that an arrogant statement?)
              That's cool. Those of us on these board are well versed in college hockey. As for the average Michigan fan, they're often too busy with other things. But I suppose if your school is only good at one thing, you can devote more time to focus on just that.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                That's cool. Those of us on these board are well versed in college hockey. As for the average Michigan fan, they're often too busy with other things. But I suppose if your school is only good at one thing, you can devote more time to focus on just that.
                The school is good at a lot of things, but hockey is preeminent. We even have a woman's team.
                Last edited by Go4PuckFan2.0; 02-11-2015, 08:43 AM.

Comment

With a nod to the esteemed Mr. Slap Shot, lighten up Francis.

I harbor no ill will to the fine institution that is the U of MI. I certainly don't despise it or their fans, nor do I believe that any of my fellow Gopher hockey brethren do as well.

These are just some light hearted verbal hand grenades being thrown in the general direction of Ann Arbor.

This will likely change as the BIG hockey matures and the followers of it become less mature.

Familiarity breeds contempt, right?

Besides, Seger > Prince.
                  Again, who's being heavy?

I'm just showing my amusment with your fascination of our school. That, and pointing out that the game isn't a war- just a game- which seems like I'm lightening up the idea.

What's even more funny is that for a school that is supposed to be B1G quality, you guys are totally missing the replies. Wake up people- you are being insulted.

Do wT and I need to explain that in smaller words?

Comment

No, unless the part where you demonstrate to the world that you can spell your state's name, and then say it- I have no idea of your fight song.

On the other had, you seem to know ours pretty well. hmmmm If you learned it by us scoring....
                    I think fans of opposing teams know your school's fight song because the band plays that song every five minutes and maybe even more during football games. "And that's a loss of five yards on the play for Michigan.... *band plays Hail to the Victors*" LOL!

And yes, I meant the part of the fight song where we give you all spelling lessons.

And Gopher fans will probably destroy me for this but I like Michigan's fight song, I always have.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Just because we use "6th grade" taunts/insults doesn't mean we really care, trust me. Go view some Gopher vs jan brady, whioux or becky threads, we definitely don't care about them and they make 6th grade look mature.

It's fine, we get it, you live in the cesspool that is Michigan I would be crabby as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                        Just because we use "6th grade" taunts/insults doesn't mean we really care, trust me. Go view some Gopher vs jan brady, whioux or becky threads, we definitely don't care about them and they make 6th grade look mature.

It's fine, we get it, you live in the cesspool that is Michigan I would be crabby as well.
                        So let it be written, so let it be done.

Still, you are not getting it.

Which I find very amusing.

You guys crack me up.

Comment

I'd rather talk about puck. But smack does have nostalgia!
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                            I think fans of opposing teams know your school's fight song because the band plays that song every five minutes and maybe even more during football games. "And that's a loss of five yards on the play for Michigan.... *band plays Hail to the Victors*" LOL!

And yes, I meant the part of the fight song where we give you all spelling lessons.
                            This.

And Gopher fans will probably destroy me for this but I like Michigan's fight song, I always have.
                            NOT this. -1.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                              This.

NOT this. -1.
                              I made the print as small as I could in the hope that you wouldn't see it.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Still, you are not getting it.

Which I find very amusing.

You guys crack me up.
                                I'm pretty sure the entire world... except you, is getting it. It was amusing at first, but I grow bored. You can only try to talk to a brick wall for so long and you are obviously just as dense as a brick wall, so it seems a fitting analogy.

Oh... was that too 6th grade for you?
                                Don't worry, you may graduate to that level soon so you can understand all this.

Comment

Working...
                                X